Author Topic: Cilantro Lime Sauce for TACOS!  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Cilantro Lime Sauce for TACOS!
« on: Nov 11, 2019, 09:51 PM »
Thought I’d share my favorite recipe for cilantro sauce, with the the ice season and tacos just around the corner.

One bunch of cilantro, stems are fine
Three cloves of garlic
One or more jalapeños
Juice of two limes
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Grind it all up in a blender or processor. Add crispy perch or walleye fillets and enjoy!

Tested it out tonight!

Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cilantro Lime Sauce for TACOS!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2019, 09:59 PM »
look's great, now need fish to put this to the test

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Nice thanks for sharing. I will be trying this one out!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:39 AM »
Love fish tacos. One of my favorite things to do with the panfish I catch.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Sunday morning Big Susan is swimming freely through some cold open water. By Monday evening she's paddling about in cilantro sauce and chunky salsa as the evening entrée for

Nate and his family. What's that coating recipe?
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2019, 07:43 AM »
Sounds great, saved! Walleyes from "You Know Where"?

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2019, 08:52 AM »
Sunday morning Big Susan is swimming freely through some cold open water. By Monday evening she's paddling about in cilantro sauce and chunky salsa as the evening entrée for

Nate and his family. What's that coating recipe?
I use a mix of plain bread crumbs, corn flake crumbs, and panko — gives it a good crunch.  I season the crumbs with Slap Ya Mamma, garlic salt, cayenne, salt and pepper.  Breading goes: flour, egg wash, then crumbs.  Fried in olive oil. My girls like it, so I must be doing something right!  ;)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline SDPerchPounder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2019, 10:57 AM »
Dude. That looks incredible.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2019, 11:08 AM »
I will be making your sauce.   Thanks.. ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Dude. That looks incredible.
Thanks!  Easy to make, too.

I will be making your sauce.   Thanks.. ;)
You won't be disappointed! ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2019, 12:25 PM »
I use a mix of plain bread crumbs, corn flake crumbs, and panko — gives it a good crunch.  I season the crumbs with Slap Yo’ Mamma, garlic salt, cayenne, salt and pepper.  Breading goes: flour, egg wash, then crumbs.  Fried in olive oil. My girls like it, so I must be doing something right!  ;)
Excellent coating blend there. You could probably fry up a mess of pine cones in that and it would still taste good. Be a good breading mix for fried chicken too though you'd need to

switch over to peanut oil to get up to 360 degrees. Not familiar with the Slap Yo' Mama line but I'd usually use Tony Chachere Original in that application. Good eating there.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Excellent coating blend there. You could probably fry up a mess of pine cones in that and it would still taste good. Be a good breading mix for fried chicken too though you'd need to

switch over to peanut oil to get up to 360 degrees. Not familiar with the Slap Yo' Mama line but I'd usually use Tony Chachere Original in that application. Good eating there.
Tony C's is great, too --- I got hooked on Slap ya mama down in New Orleans.  They have a HOT version that's amazing
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2019, 12:46 PM »
interesting using the yogurt vs sour cream. For some Reason I have the hardest time deep frying fish, and my wife does not like anything breaded so I am trying to figure out a better way to fry fish for her. 
/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2019, 12:54 PM »
interesting using the yogurt vs sour cream. For some Reason I have the hardest time deep frying fish, and my wife does not like anything breaded so I am trying to figure out a better way to fry fish for her.

You can use sour cream, too --- whichever you prefer.  I think the yogurt makes it thinner.  What type of fish are you usually cooking at home?
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Didn't know that you were a Nawlin's boy. Your mix would be just deadly on catfish as well. This is getting depressing. Not only does Slayer outfish me and not even break a sweat

but Bigassbassman outcooks me too. Too old to cut the mustard, I guess. Maybe still just one or two things left where I believe I'd have you beat.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:53 PM »
Didn't know that you were a Nawlin's boy. Your mix would be just deadly on catfish as well. This is getting depressing. Not only does Slayer outfish me and not even break a sweat

but Bigassbassman outcooks me too. Too old to cut the mustard, I guess. Maybe still just one or two things left where I believe I'd have you beat.
;D I'd hardly say I'm a Nawlin's boy, just visited a few years back.  I put Louisiana and Crystal hot sauce on everything, and got my first taste of Slap ya mama.  First time having BBQ Shrimp, too.  Tried it at Deanie's Seafood, and it didn't disappoint --- along with a fried seafood platter of immense proportion.   @)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2019, 04:21 PM »
;D I'd hardly say I'm a Nawlin's boy, just visited a few years back.  I put Louisiana and Crystal hot sauce on everything, and got my first taste of Slap ya mama.  First time having BBQ Shrimp, too.  Tried it at Deanie's Seafood, and it didn't disappoint --- along with a fried seafood platter of immense proportion.   @)
(Image removed from quote.)
My cholesterol shot up about 15 percent just looking at that picture. Believe I recognize a soft shell crab on top of those fries. What's in the middle? You have 11 little tubs of butter for that baguette, about right. Can't tell if that's sweet tea or an RC cola in the background. Is that a lonely little hush puppy in that dish? No mud bugs so I guess you were trying to keep your foot somewhat on the brake.

First ice for this young lad Thursday in SP.
                                                               Stinky

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Nov 12, 2019, 07:49 PM »
I'm gonna use some of that on Perch!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2019, 09:59 AM »
I'm gonna use some of that on Perch!
BLEW cheese optional...   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2019, 10:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing, I will definitely try that this year.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Nate, this thread will get lost as they always do as memory fades. Would you consider posting the Cilantro Lime Sauce recipe on the Hardwater Cuisine board so we can find it when the time is right? I've got 7 lbs. of crappie filets coming out of the cryogenic unit in time for Christmas and I'd like to enhance my reputation as a cook at the price of stealing your formula.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2019, 10:58 AM »
Nate, this thread will get lost as they always do as memory fades. Would you consider posting the Cilantro Lime Sauce recipe on the Hardwater Cuisine board so we can find it when the time is right? I've got 7 lbs. of crappie filets coming out of the cryogenic unit in time for Christmas and I'd like to enhance my reputation as a cook at the price of stealing your formula.

Great idea, Stinky!  Will do...
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 13, 2019, 08:00 PM »
I'm a fan of "Joes Hot stuff" I bought some down in Nawlins a few years ago. Ordered a big jug when it ran out. It's from The New Orleans School of Cooking. Good stuff.
Nate, I'll bring you a bag of it next time we fish together. You'll like it.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #23 on: Nov 13, 2019, 08:51 PM »
I'm a fan of "Joes Hot stuff" I bought some down in Nawlins a few years ago. Ordered a big jug when it ran out. It's from The New Orleans School of Cooking. Good stuff.
Nate, I'll bring you a bag of it next time we fish together. You'll like it.
Sounds great!  Thank you, sir!
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 14, 2019, 02:23 PM »

You can use sour cream, too --- whichever you prefer.  I think the yogurt makes it thinner.  What type of fish are you usually cooking at home?

Mainly Slimers and crappie for the wife. my skill level have gotten worse over the years, since I started to mainly do C&R now and not keep much since my mom has past.
/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #25 on: Nov 14, 2019, 05:08 PM »

Mainly Slimers and crappie for the wife. my skill level have gotten worse over the years, since I started to mainly do C&R now and not keep much since my mom has past.
I don't think I can help with the slimers, maybe ask Slayer's dogs... :P

Since she doesn't like breaded, have you tried blackened recipes for crappie?  That would be killer in tacos...
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 14, 2019, 07:40 PM »
That does look good, gonna half to give it a try.

Offline GSP_Pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That’s why they call it fishing.
« Reply #27 on: Nov 14, 2019, 08:19 PM »

I like to keep it simple:

Flour the fillets, heat up the pan using low heat, grab a stick of butter from fridge to lightly coat pan fry surface. Put the fillets in the pan, lightly season with good salt and pepper.  Flip when brown and moisture rises to uncooked side.  Fry that side until browned. 

Lastly, season with a gourmet quality lemon pepper spice.  Using low heat increases cook time but you won’t burn it or the butter.  Try it, maybe she will like it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.