Author Topic: Which mega live combo to get?  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
Which mega live combo to get?
« on: Oct 06, 2022, 10:53 AM »
I’m gonna be getting mega live sometime in next few months. Is the 9” screen big enough? I see the bundle is $3100. I’m getting a new boat with all new electronics on that too. I prefer Humminbird cause I’ve had helixs already and know how to operate them well. Is the the bundle probably the way to go also? I will be planning on going to St. Paul ice show in December, might possibly wait until then to see if anyone has deals on them there.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Which mega live combo to get?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2022, 01:59 PM »
Why MegaLive over Live Scope?

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2022, 02:16 PM »
Hummingbird is late to the game, Garmin has had years to work out the kinks. Id give hummingbird another year if I was stuck in hummingbird products

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2022, 02:50 PM »
Why MegaLive over Live Scope?

I’m just partial to Humminbird. They took care of me when I had a problem once. I’m always gonna be a customer if there’s. I like their maps better and I have it learned, it takes me a while for new tech. Everyone has their own opinion I guess but I feel livescope is only slightly better.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2022, 06:20 AM »
Go with the system you know. You had Helix, go Bird. It’s harder then you think to learn a new format.

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2022, 07:35 AM »
Go with the system you know. You had Helix, go Bird. It’s harder then you think to learn a new format.

Exactly. I considered it for a bit. Was around a few people with them last winter. Wasn’t sure if their kit was the best bang for the buck, assuming it probably is.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2022, 02:42 PM »
Exactly. I considered it for a bit. Was around a few people with them last winter. Wasn’t sure if their kit was the best bang for the buck, assuming it probably is.

Don’t assume that. Most of the factory bundles are substandard. Crappy batteries and pole systems. I would piece a system together. You have control over the components.

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2022, 05:53 PM »
That’s what I did with my helix 7 for ice fishing. Put it on a genz box. Amped battery. Saved a little money.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.