Author Topic: Marcum Recon 5+ Pic / Video - where are we?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline JohnF

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum Recon 5+ Pic / Video - where are we?
« on: Oct 27, 2017, 03:09 PM »
Research has indicated that the DVR function uses a poor resolution of an ancient file format.  I'm wondering if there's been any information about a fix.

Also:

1. Can you watch the recordings on the unit and do they look the same as the original video feed?

2. I can't tell watching youtube whether the Recon 5 videos are from the on board DVR or perhaps recordings from the video out feed.  Any ideas?

If 1. is true then I could just view the recording on the unit and record from the video out feed for now.  I don't need to hear that there is a fix right now but some sort of path to a resolution would be awesome.  If it's a hardware thing then I will wait or go elsewhere but if I knew that a software update is in the future I like everything else about the unit.

Thanks.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Marcum Recon 5+ Pic / Video - where are we?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2017, 03:17 PM »
Don't know if you saw this review

from Marcum website

If you are experiencing problems viewing your videos once loaded on your device, that specific viewer may not be compatible with the RECON5+ recorded media files. Recommended media players that should work include: Quicktime, KMPlayer, Mplayer and GOMPlayer. These media players should be downloadable on your device. Please use one of these players to view all recorded videos from your Recon 5+. Players that will not support the Recon 5+ media files include: Windows Media Player and VLC.

https://marcum.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/287/session/L3RpbWUvMTUwOTEzNTMwMC9nZW4vMTUwOTEzNTMwMC9zaWQvZlUxdXVhWkJDWUM4YjVidWZVYSU3RVRvdUN3Q0VZUDB2Q2pvNWtTV2xiS2VaalZXQ0VuRW1LNEtmR0FwdU5DYUo2YzlkSjR0SEJvNWlqbDcxeV9qeUoydDdmZERrOGglN0VxbUVoY3pSNkYwOURSM0RGOTM5UnhRdTdCdyUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D#gs=eyJndWlkZUlEIjoxMiwicXVlc3Rpb25JRCI6MzgsInJlc3BvbnNlSUQiOjEwMywiZ3VpZGVTZXNzaW9uIjoiSXNDUGtmd24iLCJzZXNzaW9uSUQiOiI4RzJPa2Z3biJ9
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline JohnF

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Yep, ran into that.  That and the couple of threads in the shanty left me with the impression that even using the outlined apps the video wasn't a real reproduction of what one originally saw on the screen.  A notion I have which may be wrong.

If the unit can reproduce the original on itself then all of the data is there and a person interested in editing can replay it over the video feed to their software of choice despite the (right/wrong)ness of the internal file format.  (kinda where I was going)

For me, all I really need is the ability to, at the end of the day, punch up a recording so I can prove that I have this nearly superhuman ability to peer across a flat frozen field and know where to punch a hole for the big ones.  Jigs and such have failed me in this.  In fact, sometime they make it look like I don't have any idea what I am doing.

If that recording is on the device itself, I'm okay with that.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2017, 10:56 AM »
As far as I know with this type of thing, it would have to be a hardware change. Doesn't aqua-vu also use .AVI files based on their manuals?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.