Author Topic: Eskimo Pistol Bit Auger issue  (Read 16482 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Eskimo Pistol Bit Auger issue
« Reply #120 on: Mar 22, 2021, 01:28 PM »
Looks like the blade issue is also affecting the ION composite bits as well..this past Saturday my buddies new set up assembled that day ..Mil 2804/Clam plate/ ION 8" Composite .. had issues cutting ..needed some pressure and/or a slight lean to left or right ..although it cut ..50 holes on 12 inches of slush/hard pack/black ice ..it just did not feel right but I wasnt convinced it was the augers fault ..as the ice conditions were rather unique ..yesterday I had a chance to test my set up Mil 2704/Clam Plate/HT 8" E-Drill...as well as a buddies Dewalt 996/Clam Plate/Eskimo Pistol bit 8"..both drilled just fine w/o and additional pressure and/or tilt/lean ..so those members experiencing any cutting issues with the ION should contact ION.

Also for clarification the ION bolted directly onto the Clam Plate (18 mm) w/o any adapters . There may be some IONs floating around the various retailers for those interested ..maybe a deal can be had as well .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #121 on: Mar 23, 2021, 07:45 PM »
...Changed to a set of Mora blades and have never looked back. Love my Pistol bit and highly recommend it. :tipup:

I had no issues drilling with the Pistol bit until maybe the 3rd or 4th time out this year and the I had to apply a little downward pressure for it to cut. I figured I dulled my blades and couldn't for the life of me find any Mora blades until about a week ago on-sale. I just swapped the blades and yeah, the Eskimo blades had a few really small nicks in them and were slighty rolled in a couple of small spots. It's good to know that the Mora blades fit just fine as I would rather have those on my auger anyway.

...Also, I'm sure this has been posted on a different thread but I got this adapter and it's super awesome! https://www.deepfreezefishing.com/product-category/accessories/
I've added one of these adapters to both my 6 and 8 in auger bits as well and they are really slick.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #122 on: Mar 23, 2021, 08:11 PM »

I had no issues drilling with the Pistol bit until maybe the 3rd or 4th time out this year and the I had to apply a little downward pressure for it to cut. I figured I dulled my blades and couldn't for the life of me find any Mora blades until about a week ago on-sale. I just swapped the blades and yeah, the Eskimo blades had a few really small nicks in them and were slighty rolled in a couple of small spots. It's good to know that the Mora blades fit just fine as I would rather have those on my auger anyway.
I've added one of these adapters to both my 6 and 8 in auger bits as well and they are really slick.

Care to share where you found them on sale?

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Mar 23, 2021, 08:15 PM »
Care to share where you found them on sale?
Joe's Sporting goods had them on sale for about $24 a set. Someone had posted in the deals section here about their ice out sale about a week ago. I was about to share it in my post above but they are back up to $34.99 now.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #124 on: Mar 23, 2021, 08:17 PM »
Joe's Sporting goods had them on sale for about $24 a set. Someone had posted in the deals section here about their ice out sale about a week ago. I was about to share it in my post above but they are back up to $34.99 now.

Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.