Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631613 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #4830 on: May 16, 2016, 06:08 AM »
Good morning early risers. Whopper Stopper good luck sticking to the diet and may it help lower your blood pressure . Eddie  hope you have warmed up yesterday's weather made it easy to get a chill especially if you worked up a sweat while outside and your clothes were damp . IFF hope you can get a fishing trip in this week. WarBonnett your son is making good progress on his journey to Colorado I was figuring possibly a five day trip with only one driver. MR. Turkey may your son have better luck on his next hunt. ElectricSlide have a safe and enjoyable trip. Ice Wanderer hope your garden survived the temperature drop. I take it "Yogi" did not make a return visit or you did not hear him.
 I got a surprise while leaving for work yesterday one of my neighbors had mowed my lawn. The grass was getting high  the recent rain and my work schedule don't give me much time for house work and yard chores. I guessing someone thinks my lawn mower is out of service . Very kind act now I need to identify the neighbor so I can thank Them.
  To my fellow NY. residents remember to vote tomorrow for your local school district budget and school board members.

Have a safe and good day, best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4831 on: May 16, 2016, 07:03 AM »
Good Morning ER's Looks like wide spread rains in the mid section, another long day on tap at the store today and looks like I will have to cover the tomatoes tonight as it will get in the low 30's this evening.  And better locate the rain gear for tomorrow.  My diet is a sea food diet, see food and eat it  ;D

Sure have had a strange lot of shoppers, looking for things that have never been in the store, and things that you would not find in an "out door store"  A little taxing to say the least, being under staffed for such an event.  Oh well grin and bear it.  ::) ;D

Good day to all, need to find my coffee cup.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4832 on: May 16, 2016, 08:14 AM »
When I talked  to my son yesterday after noon he said they went the other way. He had his gal friend with him. She about jumped out of her skin when they first gobbled, 50 yards away. He says he is going to set up and try to get them going to the roost later this week. It must not have gotten to cold over there as he could not here the fans running at first light.

We have a tree guy coming to look at the tree that could stand taken down in our back yard. It probably will be cost prohibitive. Just have to up the insurance on the garage. It is a climbing take down so it will not be cheep.

WS  I use very little salt on what I cook. Eggs and mashed taters are about all I salt. The problem is all the salt in processed foods. I thought that the fast food joints were cutting down on the salt on French fries. NOT! I look at the amount of salt stuck on the fry bin before I order fries. If is covered with salt I specify salt free fries. It does not make them happy but that is my choice. You can always add but you can not take away seasonings.

IW  I have a bunch of shows on DVR to watch when there is nothing worth watching live. I went to bed early last night as the boss was watching ghost hunter shows on the TV with the DVR.

EDIT As I was salting my eggs this morning I could not really see how much I was putting on. It reminded me of when I was a kid and mom brought some colored salt from work at the hospital. She said one of the other RN's husband had come up with the idea. The idea never flew but it was nice to see how much salt you were putting one some thing.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4833 on: May 16, 2016, 07:43 PM »
Greetings from soggy Colorado, fog and rain for starters, raining all day and expected to not let up for another 36 hours.  Well the play hooky part got shot down with 8 hrs for tomorrow, and 12 hours each for Thursday and Friday.  From here expecting Saturday as well  :o

Got notices that some walks, gutters, and that the street will be milled and resurfaced in the coming few days.  Might need to park all the vehicles on the side street.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4834 on: May 17, 2016, 03:02 AM »
Good morning early risers. I was the only person logged in at 3 AM. IFF I hope the street construction does not become to much of a problem for you , sounds like your hands are full at work. I question management"s  reasoning why cut back staff when you are trying to move inventory . I'm going through a similar situation at my job major store cleaning project and they cut my departments hours.  MR. Turkey appears the local turkey flock is living up to the bird's reputation of being hard to hunt. May the tree removal go well and not take to much of your money.
   I see Raquettedacker and Yoopergirl are both still missing in action from this thread. Dom, Mindy hope all is well with both of you and your respective families. Assuming both of you are overloaded with work at your jobs.
    When I got home from work had a message on my answering machine my long time school friend had called to tell me he was the person who cut my lawn. I will have to think of a way to return the favor.

As always stay safe and have a good day. Best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4835 on: May 17, 2016, 03:31 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Morning Guys,
Cloudy and 42* on the Hill this am, high of 62 expected. The winds finally laid down....gusts were up in the 40mph range yesterday...bad day for those wearing skirts!   ;D
Bud...that's too bad about todays trip getting cancelled, but with the rainy weather you might have done yourself a favor? You're really racking up some hours at the job....12 hour days, wow!
Tom...hope the estimate for the tree was reasonable.
Steve...darn nice of your friend to take care of you with the lawn...wish mine were like that, but I've got an acre and a quarter to mow...doubtful.      ;D.   
WB...your son made great time driving solo back to Colorado...long drive!
Whopper...how did day one go with the new diet? Hope it went well for you, be safe working today.. :thumbsup:

We'll be pouring the grey stuff again today....8am if the trucks are on time.
Heard a strange story the other day on the radio about a zebra (zebra) on the loose not too far from here! I guess it got loose somehow and was on the run. Anyway, they found it yesterday....sadly, it didn't make it, think it fell from a cliff or something......yikes.. ..the cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Here's a follow up on the zebra.....http://wnyt.com/news/missing-zebra-found-dead-catskill-kaaterskill-wild-forest-preserve/4139369/

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4836 on: May 17, 2016, 03:51 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean, Eddie. Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Day number 1 went well Eddie, Thanks for asking. I am not sure what to make of it though. One day of watching everything close and my first reading yesterday afternoon was about spot on at 122/ 81. Much better than yesterday mornings of 157/ 93. I am supposed to keep it going for a couple of weeks and get a good average, then I can introduce one thing at a time, until I find what makes it spike.

Today is ash removals at a town home. Sometimes I think my BP is related to the BS at work. Yesterday I am told that I am to see to it that nothing gets broke or damaged at today's job. The last 4 times at this place one of the guys broke something and the property manager is getting sick of it. Last night I got a text from one of the guys that I left work too soon. It seems the boss bought beer for a good Monday night drink fest. I am supposed to watch them, but he gets the liquored up the night before, just doesn't sit good.

Hope you all have a great day! Time to fire up the Buick!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4837 on: May 17, 2016, 04:00 AM »
Morning Eddie, have fun with the grey stuff may the trucks be on time. Yes I'm one lucky feloow to have met my frien way back in third grade. He has helped me with many projects over the years and was like a second son to my parents.. Thankfully my property is only 90 x 100 feet  so  yard is small. Remember the school vote today polls are open from 12 PM to 9 PM.
 I forgot about Whopper Stopper, sorry Marv may you find some new dishes and snacks that are low sodium . See you posted Marv definitely a relationship between stress at work and your blood pressure . May all go well with the ash tree removal agree the boss should have waited until Friday  for the beer.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4838 on: May 17, 2016, 04:23 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Steve WS, ER's,
                    Bud......isn't it a strange spring, here it's more like April than May, El Nino must have us a month behind. I read
            yesterday the because of El Nino Red Crabs was washed up on the shore in California, that are usually down in Mexico! ???
                   Eddie.....Good luck with the gray stuff today, that was interesting about the Zebra, It must have been from the Catskill
             Game farm! :blink:
                   WS......Keep up the good work on your BP quest, I know it's boring to eat healthy but better in the long run, and "yes"
             stress on the job can cause high BP! :%$#!:
                   Steve......That's a good friend, does he live near you?
                   The bear was around again last night but we brought the feeder in and he got nothing except empty sunflower shells
             that were on the ground!
                   I have another PT appointment this morning, I've been doing the exercises twice a day and it's not improving, actually
             my hand falls asleep more often!
                   I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or wetting a line!

IW

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4839 on: May 17, 2016, 06:06 AM »
     Good morning all, sounds like all are up and going, that is but Steve, he's done for the day.  Some times things at work can keep the BP sky high, and the wind can get the skirts HIGH.  ::) Bud, those 12 hour days, just call them HALF DAYS !  ;D  Marv, good luck with a soggy crew, may all go well. Son made it home at noon CO. time, wife and girls HAPPY to see him ! :woot:   Time to get moving, wife wants to go shopping !  ???                                       WB

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4840 on: May 17, 2016, 01:27 PM »
My answer machine provided a good laugh today, while away from home it showed a call from California and recorded a voice in broken English stating that he was with the IRS and an arrest warrant was issued, and I needed to call him right away  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :cookoo: :cookoo:  :laugh:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4841 on: May 18, 2016, 03:08 AM »
Good Wednesday Morning Everyone! :bow:

I hope the PT starts showing some positive results IW. I tip my hat to you for giving it a chance to work :clap: Do you have a game camera you can set up to get a picture of the bear?

mr.clean, you can’t beat friends like that when they mow the yard for you. It’s a nice feeling when you come home tired and find something like that all done.

I thought I was going to have a good picture to share this morning but it never happened. Eddie talked about skirts and I found myself working next to a pool on a beautiful day.

Unfortunately no one came out for a dip while we were there. Maybe next time. ;)2

I think a person could come around to what Tom said regarding limited salt use, but I am ways from that and I do miss it.  I also have a few foods that just beg for extra salt but I am trying to just stay away from them. Yesterday one of the guys was chewing on Sunflower seeds and I couldn’t help but think he ate more than salt in fifteen minutes than I get all day.

Cripes, the Buick is waiting. I am clueless as to what we have going today ???

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what’s on the planner.

Keep safe!

WS

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4842 on: May 18, 2016, 03:38 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Guys,
Welcome to another Hump Day.... ;D.      Calm and clear here this am, 39* with a high of 65 expected today.
Bud...seems like old Pedro has been busy calling a lot of people! He called a buddy of mine recently as well. There's a form and/ or number in here to report it if you already haven't. ....https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/phone-scams-continue-to-be-a-serious-threat-remain-on-irs-dirty-dozen-list-of-tax-scams-for-the-2016-filing-season
WB...glad to read your son made it back safely, good deal... :thumbsup:
Jeff...sorry to hear the PT isn't helping out your condition. Did they suggest/try anything new yesterday? Sounds like Yogi is getting closer to the freezer.... ;D
Whopper..hope your day went well yesterday and nothing got broken on your watch!  ;D  That's good news on the BP...as stated, maybe the stress of the job could be the link? Best wishes in getting it identified and have a safe trip and work day today!   :thumbsup:

We had a pretty pleasant day yesterday on the site, trucks were on time and everything went well. There was a ceremony at one of the memorials near us for EMS workers who lost their lives in the line of duty. Hearing the bag pipes play Amazing Grace is always beautiful, but touching for sure.
We'll be getting another area set up today for more gray stuff tomorrow...the practical jokers have been way too good lately...maybe today they'll come out of their shell and give me something to write about.... :woot:
Cawfee's on fella's....
Have a great day all, be safe, bet of luck to those fishing!

Marv, see you posted before I finished replying....doing laundry in between writing...lol.
Awesome picture!  :thumbsup:  Hopefully you'll get back to that site when the temperatures a bit warmer....have a great day Sir!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4843 on: May 18, 2016, 05:41 AM »
Good morning early risers. WarBonnett nice to see your son arrived home safely. Also good to see your wife is getting out hope the new ramp is making life easier for her. Ice Wanderer my friend lives about 1 mile from my house , we are both so busy I see him once a month if our schedules permit. Besides taking in the bird feeder you may want to clean area underneath where it hangs the less food the bear finds sooner he/she will look else where for a meal. Sorry to read your therapy is not helping shoulder. Eddie glad the trucks were on time and the job went smoothly. Whopper Stopper I'm assuming no property was damaged during the ash tree removal .You don't realize how much salt/sodium you consume daily until your on a special diet or start reading the nutrition table on processed food packaging. IFF I've received similar phone calls hope you reported it to local police .

Have a good day everyone. Best to all fishing and hunting today.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4844 on: May 18, 2016, 06:37 AM »

Good morning WS, Eddie, Steve, ER's,
                    WS.....I'm way ahead of you, I put my trail camera out Monday where I figured Yogi was coming on to my
             property. So pictures will follow my writing, he's a big boy! I'm not to impressed with the PT people, the head guy
             asked me what I thought about the therapy. I told them that I'm not a therapist, that's your job, and I've only been
             doing it 2 weeks. What does he think I should be good in 2 weeks. Maybe that there is no improvement, they are
             thinking it won't help and surgery is the answer? I'm glad to hear that your new diet is working, diets are life changing!
                    Steve.... my wife does clean up the shells under the feeder, she doesn't mind Yogi coming around but doesn't want
            him to destroy stuff close to the house! You have a good friend to do that for you, he probably figures since you work
            at night and one day a week off that your time is limited!
                    Eddie.....I'm glad to hear that the pour went well, good luck getting ready for tomorrows pour! My wife won't let
            me shoot the big guy, since he's drawn to our house by the bird seed!
                    I hope everyone has a good Hump Day, one good thing about Hump Day, the next day is Pay Day!

IW

Oh and a fox showed up too!

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4845 on: May 18, 2016, 06:56 AM »
      Good morning all ERs,  Jeff, hope the shoulder will improve with more PT.  WS, good job on the tree. Ed, may the gray stuff flow freely. I too have had the phone call. May your day or night go well !                                                               WB

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4846 on: May 18, 2016, 08:00 AM »
Hump day / pay day for the month for the boss today. Mine was last Wednesday.

She actually gets two as he late husband was a disabled veteran from Nam era so she gets survivors benefits. She also gets a break on property taxes because of her husbands disabled veterans status. Now some jack wagon in the legislature wants to take that benefit away from the disabled veterans. You never see the politicians cutting their own benefits or having to follow the same crap they force on us.

37* this morning but calling for a warm up all week so maybe. 80* by the weekend. No need for that kind of temperature for me.

IW I have had plenty of PT, some helped some did not. Hopefully if your PT is not the answer surgery can make things better. Surgery is not an option for my back.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4847 on: May 18, 2016, 08:37 AM »
Good Morning ♪♫♪ I can see clearly now....the Rain is gone ♪♪♫♪ Sounds like everyone is on track to another good day. Even though temps are on average 14* below norms.  I take it shoppers are anxious to see yet more %'s in price reductions, albeit stocks are dwindling.   Camping items stocks are showing the most most activity in vacating the store.

I am very tempted to eliminate the home phone and just go with the cell phones.  Reports are that local fishermen are doing well with Walleyes, as water temps are on the rise.  Time to pack some snakes and lunch to get me through the 12 hr work day

See Mr. Turkey has posted as I was typing, and totally agree on the "Jack Wagon"

Good day to all.
Bud

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4848 on: May 19, 2016, 03:13 AM »
Good Morning Guys,
49* with cloudy skies, high of 65 predicted here today...chance of a shower later this afternoon.
Bud...hope you get a chance soon to go after the Walters, sounds like the store has been very busy. Have you been working 12hr days?
Tom...agree with you on the politician as well...guess its up to the people to do their best and try to vote them the heck out of office for even suggesting such a thing...pretty damn sad.
Jeff...great pictures of the bear, he's a big one! Hope he stays out of the garden when it starts sprouting.
Steve...that's great you and your long time friend still get together. How's things been going at the store for you lately?
Marv...hope you had a good day yesterday....how's the greenhorn coming along?

We're starting at 6 this morning, gray stuff coming at 7. It will be nice getting out at 2:30 and avoiding the city traffic which will be crazy today.  There's a big race scheduled to start at 6pm this evening with 10,000 entrants, so getting out of Dodge an hour early should help!
Going to bring the trout rod and stop by a stream on the way home for a few casts...see if I can get a couple of browns for supper.
Cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4849 on: May 19, 2016, 03:40 AM »
Good Thursday Morning Edddie, Good Morning Everyone!  :bow:

Pay day Eddie! :thumbsup: The Green Horn has been doing pretty good. He had a couple of slips but for the most part he is certainly pulling his share of the work. Hope you also have a good day at work :thumbsup:

What a bear IW Man you must have a good solid deck if that fatso walks around on it. Great picture!

I forgot a story from Tuesday, mr.clean and Eddie reminded me of it yesterday. As I had said I was told nothing had better get broken while we were at the town homes because there has been damage the last 3-4 times we worked there. Well, the boss was on site and he had to reiterate to me what he had told me the day before. Nothing had better happen because if he loses the account do to stupidity heads will roll, and it was up to me to keep an eye on everything.

I got a little ticked and said I have enough responsibility without having to baby sit his band of idiots. He then again had to repeat everything, because that’s what he does. I was up in the bucket as his son came with a loader full of brush. The boss is watching him from about 20 feet when he mows down a street light. I about died laughing, and said why didn’t you holler at him instead of just standing there, did the cat have your tongue? ??? Whose head is going to roll now, yours or your kids? He got about as mad as I have seen him in recent times, got in his truck, and drove away. He still hasn’t talked to me which I am fine with.

Time for a ride to the jungle.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what’s on the agenda.

Keep safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4850 on: May 19, 2016, 04:04 AM »
Good morning Eddie and early risers. Eddie may the grey stuff arrive on time so you can get out of Albany before the evening rush hour . To answer your question about the store some of the cleaning was out sourced  so my work load has not been to crazy. I still have my doubts about us passing the inspection so many things that should get done on a daily basis that are ignored because workers are not getting the hours.
  Ice Wanderer nice photos have you told your neighbors about the bear visits so they can also keep their properties clean. If the visits continue give your regional DEC office a call they may set a trap for the bear. If they catch "Yogi" he will be tagged for easier identification in the future. Mr. Turkey hopefully the various disabled veterans groups will fight against the loss of benefits. IFF what type of snakes did you pack to enjoy at work. (assume you mean snacks) Hope you get some time off soon to chase the walleyes .
  Good morning Whopper Stopper , just curious does your boss carry insurance for property damage given the type of work you perform. I wonder what was said between father and son about the street lamp.

Have a good and safe day at work or leisure. Good luck to all fishing and hunting today.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4851 on: May 19, 2016, 04:18 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                     Eddie.......Good luck with the pour today, it's always a good thing to get an early start so yo can get out early! ;D
            I've been stuck in that traffic on race day and it's no fun! :%$#!:
                     WS.....Isn't always the way, the bosses son screws up and nothing happens. Reminds me of a story I'll share: When
            I worked heavy construction, we were doing restoration and the bosses son was on my crew. Well were seeding and hay
            mulching, I was driving the tractor and he was spreading the hay mulch with a shredder , we were going between 2 car
            dealers and when we got through I turned around and every car was covered with hay. The worst part of it the cars were
            wet and the hay stuck. The bosses son took off and guess who had to wash all the cars! :%$#!:
                     Tom....Mine and my wife's payday was also yesterday, I also get another on the 30th of month and she gets another
            on the 15th of the month! I'm with you on the politicians, they take away from the veterans or seniors but want to give to
            the lazy non working or the illegals!
                      I hope everyone has a good Thursday at work or wetting a line, Eddie....I hope you catch dinner after work!
                      I see Steve posted while I was typing, Good morning Steve!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4852 on: May 19, 2016, 06:47 AM »
IW

Just think how much better off this country would be if we would stop supporting the world by giving them all hand outs. Most of the $$$ probably do not go to help the ones it should but are secreted away by the crooks running the countries. Dang does that last statement remind you of home.

I just bought a shower base on an online auction. How stupid am I getting in my old age buying something that will just make more work for me as it will require a total bath room remodel. I guess you can not fix stupid.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4853 on: May 19, 2016, 07:20 AM »
Good Morning ER's Eddie, Yup on the 12 hr. days,  Friday, Saturday will get shortened to 10, Need to hop on the rider and get the lawn mowed before I will need a hay bailer.  Still haven't learned fertilizer, and water is a mistake.  ::) Haven't seen a new carburetor I ordered for the weed whacker.

Good Day all

Bud

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4854 on: May 19, 2016, 07:36 AM »
       Good morning all ERs, see most have already posted !  Have to see how this day goes, spent 8-1/2 hrs. in the ER with wife. Her BP was high, 233/88 hart beat down to 32, think we got things ok for now ! Didn't get home last night till 9:30.  I too was wondering about the SNAKES for BUD.  ;D  ;D  Marv, keep up with your BP.  As for the politicians, they are all JACK WAGONS or worse, want to cut funds for yets and us old folks, and give themselves a raise !  :%$#!:  Must call the cardio clink for tomorrow for my a-fib ! Have a good day all.   ::)                                                                        WB

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4855 on: May 19, 2016, 08:04 AM »
Well I can "C" your paying attention to the missing "c" ;D
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4856 on: May 19, 2016, 05:11 PM »
wishing you and your wife the best warbonnett.   

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4857 on: May 19, 2016, 05:52 PM »
      Thank you   OG.  We will both keep at it.   :unsure:               WB

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4858 on: May 19, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Hope everything turns out OK for your wife WB!

Thinking of you both! :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4859 on: May 19, 2016, 09:58 PM »
Dang WB, that had to be a stressful visit to the ER.  Hope we hear about over coming that, and soon.  My dogs are barking at me, so think I will play hooky from the morning shift and get a line in the water if only for 3-4 hours, then go to work and rest up  ::)

Didn't much of the grass cut, a bit to wet, and gave up on it 

IW maybe a trip wire or two that would set off some pepper spray might convince the bear to go elsewhere .

Did pick up a browning belt $25 marked down to $2.97, so it came home with me  ;D  Still got my eye on the Elite 5 HDI at $299 think there is a $50 rebate available for it too.  Until 5/28 I think I read.

Well time to find a pillow and get some dream time in.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.