Author Topic: Clam Spreader Pole Storage System  (Read 715 times)

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
Clam Spreader Pole Storage System
« on: Jan 11, 2024, 11:21 AM »
Does anyone have any cheaper ideas than the Clam Spreader Pole Storage System? Seems major steep ($39) for those two mounts. Just trying to get the poles organized and less clutter in the sled. Thanks

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam Spreader Pole Storage System
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2024, 11:46 AM »
Buy once, cry once. It works quite well, I'm happy I bought it.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2024, 12:19 PM »
THanks HD - I didnt realize Eskimo also made a version.

@jetrho - trust me I'm usually a buy once cry once kinda guy, but was just trying to think of other options. I'm kinda leaning on trying the broom clips, as I think it might hold the poles tighter and less rattle.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/hardware/window-and-screen-hardware/window-and-screen-clips/50869

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2024, 01:26 PM »
I have the Eskimo version as does my buddy works well. As for the broom clips think they would be a giant PITA ...wrestling them in/out of those clips no bueno .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2024, 09:11 AM »

tent poles with the c plugs

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2024, 10:05 AM »
I got the broom clips to mess with this weekend and see if they are a pain in the ass - figured they might hold the poles tighter and could just clip/unclip quick with gloves on.

Might end up returning the broom clips and getting the Eskimo or Clam, but I've got 5 poles and read reviews that they don't/won't hold all of the poles?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2024, 10:14 AM »
grizzlyhackle   I hope you are going to mock something up ...before drilling  8 holes through the shelter tub/sled to test out the broom clips .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2024, 10:23 AM »
They come in various sizes at your local hardware store, cheap like cabbage.  https://www.princessauto.com/en/3-pk-jumbo-tool-storage-hooks/product/PA0008006268

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2024, 10:30 AM »
I have the broom clips installed in my one man, but don't have 5 of those poles, just two. Been working great for several seasons, the clips I'm using have a rubber coating on them, never had one fall out, but still easy to pop on and off the clips.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2024, 10:45 AM »
grizzlyhackle   I hope you are going to mock something up ...before drilling  8 holes through the shelter tub/sled to test out the broom clips .

Haha its actually 10 (5 poles), but I will be using a 2x4 and just testing them that way. I am not going to be hacking up the sled for sure

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2024, 01:13 PM »
Buy once, cry once. It works quite well, I'm happy I bought it.

I have the Eskimo version as does my buddy works well. As for the broom clips think they would be a giant PITA ...wrestling them in/out of those clips no bueno .

After wasting time on the broom clips, went with the clam system. Fits like a glove and exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thanks for the feedback/input from everyone.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2024, 02:53 PM »
Looking neat and organized .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.