The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Best Private Lake  (Read 1200 times)

Offline perchman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Best Private Lake
« on: Jan 02, 2010, 03:06 PM »
Looking into buying a building lot on a private lake in eastern pa, for retirement.
What would be the best fishing lake that allows unrestricted powerboats on it.
Figured now is a good time to buy.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
Re: Best Private Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2010, 04:46 PM »
I'm not aware of any private lakes that allow unlimited horsepower in eastern PA...actually, when I think of it, I can't think of any that allow gas engines at all
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2010, 04:50 PM »
heck, half of the private lakes have at most a 25 HP limit, the other half are electric only (smaller lakes)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2010, 06:08 PM »
None in Monroe County that I can't think of (and all I fish and research is private Lakes), but if it was me and I had the money - POCONO LAKE, hands down, you can't beat it but how you get into the Preserve is beyond me.  Hallowood acres aint a bad second choice.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Bo Lockwood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:56 AM »
this may be a bit aways from your comfort zone but treasure lake is a really nice lake with unlimited hp... i fish it hard all summer large mouths and northers are prominent however walleyes and strippers (yes strippers) are starting to make a come back. fish early very early because with any lake that offers unlimited hp's the hot babes with their ski doo's hit the water after 10 or so!

http://www.treasurelakepoa.com/

Bo Lockwood

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.