New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: quaker lake  (Read 3155 times)

Offline icenut_

• Team IceShanty Regular
quaker lake
« on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:46 AM »
anybody checked out quaker lake for ice lately? i was also wondering why i havn,t seen quaker lake in the fishing reports section?

Offline ice junkies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you wana catch more fish, go more often
Re: quaker lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:52 AM »
reports are under small waters catt. county

Offline icenut_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:59 AM »
thank you!!!

Offline Pikeplower32

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walkin-On-Water
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2013, 10:48 PM »
I plan on hitting up Quaker this weekend.  Anyone know where I could find some minnows in the area?

Offline wally13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2013, 12:01 AM »
happy hooker bait and tackle  the bait shop in town m&t bait tackle  closed and went out of business  may went to get it else where and bring it with you good luck and report how you did good luck and be safe

Offline hunterdeneugene

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2013, 07:56 AM »
If you're in Corry, Grizzly Gary's in Warren has bait.  Get the big goldens, you'll get a ton more flags than if you use emeralds...

Offline jayy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:31 AM »
I have not heard any news about Quaker this week.  I live about 15 miles away and we did get some snow along with this cold front.  I checked my 1 acre pond yesterday evening and was surprised to find only 1.5 inches of ice under about 3 inches of snow.  It almost defies logic how much a little snow can slow the ice formation.   I had assumed Quaker would be this weekend and was planning to go there myself.  However,  If there is more snow there it could be close....  If I don't hear anything I may go check tomorrow.

Offline TripleJ87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:36 AM »
Hopefully heading to redhouse on sunday. fished it a couple weeks ago a few nice trout.

Offline Pikeplower32

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walkin-On-Water
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2013, 10:07 PM »
happy hooker bait and tackle  the bait shop in town m&t bait tackle  closed and went out of business  may went to get it else where and bring it with you good luck and report how you did good luck and be safe
Yea, I thought M&T was closed but I was hoping I was wrong.  I was going to a self serve place over the summer, but they closed for the winter.

Offline wally13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2013, 11:01 PM »
yea they are closed went out of business  m t bait tackle  and yea the self service on state road in great valley is closed i tried it once durning the summer good luck fishing and report how you do and be safe

Offline icenut_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2013, 07:39 PM »
i heard alot of reports about quaker lake having real good ice so we are going tommorrow.will let you know how we did.

Offline FishinTradition82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2013, 03:57 PM »
I keep hearing alot of good things about Quaker. I need to try it out. Where do you get a park pass?

Offline icenut_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:23 PM »
don't need one.

Offline icenut_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:29 PM »
back from quaker lake real nice weather today. we caught a 21 inch northern; a 22 inch northern, a 25 inch northern and two brown trout. a 24 and a 26 inch. i would include photos but i don,t know how!

Offline Pikeplower32

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walkin-On-Water
« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2013, 08:56 PM »
Had a nice season opening outing at Quaker lake today. My group Landed many pike with the biggest being 29in.  Also caught a nice brown at 26in and several dink perch. People were out all across the lake .

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2013, 12:38 AM »
any info on ice thickness?
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline jayy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:32 AM »
I was going to check yesterday but ran out of time.   I did drive by and saw one lonely set of tracks mid lake.  It looks like someone fished it yesterday.   Parts of the lake looked slushy.  There was a good 4-5 inches of snow on the ground.   It was cold last night so I think it is worth a try as long as you are safe about it.   

Offline BigBeast86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2017, 02:47 PM »
Going to Quaker today. Will post more info on the ice situation once I get there.

Offline BigBeast86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2017, 08:56 AM »
Going to Quaker today. Will post more info on the ice situation once I get there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.