New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1094046 times)

Offline catskills

• IceShanty Rookie
ill be up on yankee tomorrow afternoon and all day saturday.  sunday looks like a bit of a disaster maybe ill make it out in the am.  i'll be the guy with the red eskimo shelter trying to stop my kids from releasing all the bait, and trying to convince my wife she doesnt need to wear a pfd, stop by for a beer or 3!

I was on yankee yesterday.  8-10" of ice, had the ATV out yesterday.  See ya out there!

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Does anyone know the conditions of the ice on Swinging Bridge Reservoir?

4 gills last night, and one gill & 3 largemouth this morning at Chodikee.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
29” channel cat not what you exspect to come thru a hole fishing for perch with a pinhead on a tip-up

Boy you had a good day before that fish. Congrats! ;D

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Some good eating right there

Offline perch assasin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig em' up
anyone know how the ice is on Lake Huntington I'm thinking about giving it a shot in the morning

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone know how the ice is on Lake Huntington I'm thinking about giving it a shot in the morning

Ice will be just fine but bring your Ice Anchors. Should have steady winds between 20-30 MPH and gusts as high as 60.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline perch assasin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig em' up
thanks for the heads up, the wind isnt supposed to pick up till the afternoon so hopefully i'll be long gone before then

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Filled a bucket with  15 crappy between 12-16”, 10 perch 1 was over 14” and 60 plus bluegills with 1 other guy great day and weather on the ice today

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Went to Swinging Bridge, only one flag all day. Didn't catch a thing. My friend got 7 dink yellows jigging. Ice 8-12.5", just down from the launch towards the dam is all open water. Pretty slow for everyone else. Apparently, the walleye fishing has been terrible for the last 4 years according to some regulars there.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
No pictures of the 16 inch crappie

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Got out for a bit with my father this evening. Jigging was dead, two small largemouth on tip ups (released.)

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Does anyone know the condition at Sylvan Lake?

Offline Hey Ice Hole!

• IceShanty Rookie
Drove by Sylvan Lake yesterday open water from the Dec car park all the way to the camps on the left.

Offline Canoejon

• IceShanty Rookie
How’s the ice holding out on Upton? Anyone been up there this lat weekend?

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Does anyone know the condition at Sylvan Lake?

Sylvan is done.  Mostly open water, and what ice there is, is shot.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline catskills

• IceShanty Rookie
made it out saturday on Yankee.  Same 8-10" of ice.  Not a flag all afternoon and just a few dink perch. And when I say "dink" I mean they were the size of medium shiners.   Great time but slowww

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Got out over the weekend with the wife to one of my favorite haunts. We hit the perch pretty good. 

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Went to Chodikee this evening. Also got two largemouth jigging. Two run & drops and broke off a nice fish on tip ups. 10.5" ice.

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro

Two gills and a nice largemouth this morning.

Offline perch assasin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig em' up
i tried posting on the reports and conditions page and got no replies, i was looking for ice conditions for the east of the hudson reserviors boyds, west branch, east branch,diverting, etc any info is greatly appreciated lookin to go out in the next few days

Offline Canoejon

• IceShanty Rookie
I was last on Boyd’s last Wednesday. There was at least 6” of good ice under an inch of crud. My guess is that the ice held through this last warm spell, but the edges probably got so a plank might be needed. I’m hoping by Thursday it should be good again. I’m talking about around the DEP ramp, up to 30 FOW. I couldn’t tell you about deeper water closer to the dam.
As far as Sodom, and West Branch, there were a few spots that were safe last week, but they weren’t where I wanted to be on those lakes, so I didn’t go there and can’t tell you what they were like last week or what they’re like now.

Hopefully someone who lives nearby will post something tomorrow.

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
6 largemouth (released) and one bluegill this morning.

Does anyone know the conditions on Sturgeon Pool??

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
given the flux in temps and water flow, I would stay off Sturgeon pool.I live on the Shawangunk kill nad it was roaring the other day, now a skim coat of ice, again.  Plus, what would you fish for that you would eat? yuck the Wallkill! unless you are strictly catch and release.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Plus, what would you fish for that you would eat? yuck the Wallkill! unless you are strictly catch and release.

Can't be any worse than the Hudson  :roflmao: :roflmao:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
I've contacted DEC about eating fish from the Wallkill and they said it was fine. The advisories give it a blue rating which is the highest you can get. Sure doesn't look too clean though lol.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
That's not what the report last summer said it said not to even touch the water

Offline catskills

• IceShanty Rookie
the wallkill scares me due to the amount of development it goes thru.  Including that golf course in middletown.  That cannot be good.  Although I do tend to trust the dec so..

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline phil o

• IceShanty Rookie
better late then never for a report i guess.  fished yankee last weekend.  half day friday and all day saturday.  caught 2 pickerel so it was nice we didnt get skunked, but only 2 fish?  damn, so disappointing but the kids had fun.  will be back next year, hopefully more mobile.  couldnt believe how thick the ice was, you guys have it great compared to us southerners in nj.

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Drove by Sturgeon Pool last night, open near the inlet next to the coffee shop but people were fishing on the far backside of that cove still. Went to Rondout Creek , a foot of ice. Got a white sucker, yellow perch and bluegill. Went down to Diamond Lake, three yellows and my friend got one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.