The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Night fishing at Arthur  (Read 1273 times)

Offline grozquads

• IceShanty Rookie
Night fishing at Arthur
« on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:46 AM »
Does the part close at Lake Arthur or are you allowed to fish all night long if you choose?  Is fishing at night (tonight) worth the effort or should I just wait for next weekend?  Time is limited but I gotta go!!!  Thanks for any info.

Groz

Offline mluther

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Night fishing at Arthur
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:22 AM »
I've fished there quite a few times well into the night. I  never had any memorable nights though, usually seems to me that the fish shut off after dark...I tend to usually fish the same area though so maybe I'm just in the wrong place, I'd love to know if anyone does any better at night and where?!?

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:00 PM »
lanterns and brush piles are the way to go find the piles in the day fish them at night be carefulllllllllll    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:45 PM »
1.  Yes you can fish the lake at night some area have gates and get locked up but the majorty are open.

2.  It can be productive at times, but it would not make my list of top places to night fish through the ice.  But I will be there tonight or Wilhelm,  I'm not sure which.

Snapper

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2008, 01:50 PM »
So I shouldn't give you a call tonight then?   ;)  ...as you will be otherwise occupied

I'd be interested in a potential night bite at Wilhelm if you can give me any pointers.  I've never fished the lake and although I know names of general places that are productive I have no clue as to how to access them.  Tonight is out, but I haven't set my plans for Sunday night yet...let me know.

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Offline Creektroll3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Last season there was a decent crappie bite around 9pm. But I have generally done better just before daylight to just after. Wilhelm  has a better nite bite in my opionon. The stumps area by the island is a good area. GOODLUCK!!!!!

2009 Iceshanty Tourney Leader for Crappie

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We Need Another Ice Age !
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2008, 03:45 PM »
I have ice fished lake Aurthor many nights on the ice and cannot ever recall any action Always seems the best action is first light and last light. Be carefull at night lots of underwater springs espeecially in the dutch hollow area back of McDanials launch. Good luck :tipup:
May the LORD BLESS and keep each of you safe on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.