The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Enjoy this weekend  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Enjoy this weekend
« on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:33 PM »
'Cause things ain't looking good for next week :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline panfishpounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Enjoy this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Things aren't looking too good for the next 15 days according to Accuweather. :( :( :(  Starting to think Holman may be out of the question this year.  Boy I hope they are just pulling our legs. 

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I'm only seeing 2-3 days in the next 10 where its not going below freezing at night and 1 of em the low is 33...as long as it drops below freezing at night the slop on top will refreeze and the ice will still be good...

I'm worried cuz I know this weekend might be my last shot of the season on the river but I'm not worried about the lakes
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline panfishpounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:16 AM »
I just checked the 15 day again.  It looks better than it did at last evening.  Tonight when I check it I will be depressed again.  When I said it was not looking good, I seen two days of 50 degrees and rain.  No where in sight now.  At least as of 0515.  It will change though.  I put to much in to these long rangers.  I want a month of ice on Holman like last year.  It was not quite a month for the whole lake but it was mighty close.  Guess we will wait and see.

Offline holeinhide

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • have ice will fish!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:29 AM »
Things aren't looking too good for the next 15 days according to Accuweather. :( :( :(  Starting to think Holman may be out of the question this year.  Boy I hope they are just pulling our legs. 

If you take the Accu out of Accuweather that sums up the quality of their 15 day weather guess.

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:16 AM »
In all honesty I put very little faith in the cold weather predictions of Accuweather!

I wouldn't get too worried just yet.  As others have mentioned above we now have a solid covering on many of the lakes we like to fish.  As long as night time temps stay at or below freezing we will be in good shape.  Warmer days = melt off of the snow on top...followed by freezing nights = additional ice added to the top of the main pack.  I'm not going to comment on day time temps going too high as I don't care to jinx the re-beginning of our already shortened ice season...

Get out and catch fish as best as possible...for as long as possible...and enjoy what ice we have already been given  ;)

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.