The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pac Shack  (Read 1601 times)

Offline stanleykk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Pac Shack
« on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Wondering if anyone had used the pac shack yet. Bought one last year but didn't use it. Hoping to use it at aurther tomorrow with the wind at 10 to 20 mph. Anyone know of any problems in these kind of winds. I'll probably have to tie it down if I get up.

Offline fishin fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • give 'em a shake
Re: Pac Shack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:48 AM »
I have one and I have used 3 or 4 times.  I don't think it has the structural integrity of the other protable shacks, but it works for me.  If you have any wind, YES, tie it down.  It will take off on you.  I used mine this past Sunday.  There was very steady wind, I'd guess at least 15mph, with gusts that were at least 30mph maybe more.  I was very pleased with how well it worked with the tie down.
t'pup!

chimo

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2008, 03:32 PM »
If you can keep the back to the wind it will work.  If the wind starts hitting the front it will get blown in by the better gusts.  Having some way to anchor it is also a very good idea, it is nothing but a big kite once you stand up.  Not a bad piece of equipment for the price, especially if you get it on clearance at the end of the year.  good fishin

chimo

Offline stanleykk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Finally got to use my pac shack at Aurther today. Pretty cool keep my back to the wind as someone said. The wind was blowing pretty good today but I couldn't tell in the pac. Seem a little tight but difinitly better than being without a shelter. It seemed like you couldn't really sit all the way back in the seat and jig at the same time. But there plenty of room to jig in the shack I guess I'll give it another try at woodcock tomorrow. I would say that moving from spot to spot was alot easier than I thought it would be. The only thing that was tough was putting it back in the bag with frozen fingers at the end of the day. But all in all a light weight shelter that really works.

Offline salmonmania

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:29 PM »
I put a boat cushion on the seat because it does seem to sag to the back a little.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:40 PM »
I took some cheapy HT anchors and screwed them right through the front 2 legs on mine to make some holes. When out on ice, I screw them back through the holes I made, works good. I think the HT anchors were like $3 for a pair

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.