The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wisconsin regs  (Read 8868 times)

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Wisconsin regs
« Reply #30 on: Nov 09, 2006, 09:06 PM »
One lure, can have three hooks! Single hooks or trebles! Some could, have  up to four hooks, like the old ( Flatfish Lures )  Big Magazine, found a glitch in WI. law, took advantage of it! BIG MAGAZINE, is published in MI. It all started, with a simple quick strike rig!  :-\

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 11, 2006, 01:39 AM »
I've never heard of Big Magazine, post a link so we can all see what you're rambling about.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 11, 2006, 07:38 PM »
I,m 100%, wrong! Sorry!  :-[  No, issue here in WI. with me, Anymore! The name isn't a BIG MAGAZINE!

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 12, 2006, 12:51 AM »
I was just curious what that magazine was saying and how they found a glitch in Wisconsin law. If you find the link or the name of the mag I'd like to read it.  :)

P.S. I hope I didn't offend you or spur any hard feelings.  If I did, I appologize.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Nov 12, 2006, 06:38 PM »
Had a  subscription, for years and still do. Will buy another one, just can't remember what the name is, something to do with I.F.  ::) Inner Flatfish! Maybe?  ???

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Nov 13, 2006, 01:24 AM »
As long as you're on the subject of I.F.  What happened, if anything between Doug Stange and Al Linder.  Al now has his own show, and Doug pretty much runs I.F.
I have a couple Musky Hunting videos from In- Fisherman, with Doug and Al together on them, and there seems to be some tension between them.  I have no basis on this, just a hunch..but I think (my opinion here), is that Doug Stange came in to In- Fisherman and he railroaded Al Linder out.  Once again, just a hunch with no facts other than the videos I mentioned earlier.
Anyone else notice this or know the whole story?  ???
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 13, 2006, 08:54 PM »
Never mention names, the next morning, even if you remember them!  :-X  ::)

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 14, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Never mention names, the next morning, even if you remember them!  :-X  ::)
I checked my book on Wisconsin Regs, and I didn't see that one in there.  Maybe at the next DNR meeting in your area you should mention that one.  8)
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #38 on: Nov 14, 2006, 08:18 AM »
As long as you're on the subject of I.F.  What happened, if anything between Doug Stange and Al Linder.  Al now has his own show, and Doug pretty much runs I.F.
I have a couple Musky Hunting videos from In- Fisherman, with Doug and Al together on them, and there seems to be some tension between them.  I have no basis on this, just a hunch..but I think (my opinion here), is that Doug Stange came in to In- Fisherman and he railroaded Al Linder out.  Once again, just a hunch with no facts other than the videos I mentioned earlier.
Anyone else notice this or know the whole story?  ???

The story is that the Lindner's sold the In Fisherman network to start their own "family" fishing show.  If you look at the credits from the new show, it looks like the entire Lindner family is involved with the business.  The show that I watched about it went into great detail about the Lindners religious beliefs and the fact that they wanted to start fresh.

Hope this helps,

Wiener

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Nov 14, 2006, 09:05 AM »
I'm not sure if this is correct.  If you check the regs, it says the definition of an artificial "lure" is :

Artificial lure means a spoon, spinner, plug, or other fish bait made of hair, feathers, cork, wood, rubber, metal,
plastic, or other synthetic materials, or combinations of these materials. An artificial lure may
not include natural or organic food stuffs like corn, marshmallows, dough, cheese, meat,
living or dead organisms or parts thereof, except hair, feathers, cork, wood, and rubber.

I think that if you tip a lure with bait, or any part or piece of bait it then falls under the definition of using bait, and cannot be defined as and artificial lure.

Wiener

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 14, 2006, 09:35 PM »
To heck, with Inner Flatfish!  ;) Sorry, Muskie Nut! Flash, back to college, on that one. Wiener! How do get the information, outside of the FLYER, (the regs.) available at ALL PURCHASING POINTS!!  ::) If their not out of them!  ;)

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 15, 2006, 02:01 AM »
Thanks Wiener  :)
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Nov 15, 2006, 06:19 AM »
To heck, with Inner Flatfish!  ;) Sorry, Muskie Nut! Flash, back to college, on that one. Wiener! How do get the information, outside of the FLYER, (the regs.) available at ALL PURCHASING POINTS!!  ::) If their not out of them!  ;)

I found the DNR definition of an artificial lure on page 10 of the 2005 - 2006 regs.  You can also find it at the Wisconsin DNR website.

Wiener

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Nov 15, 2006, 08:33 PM »
Thanks, Wiener! Your, helping me understand! I'm not trying to argue! Just,see the light! So, if I put three maggot's, worm's, or minnow's, on one treble hook, that's the the limit for three bait's and/or line's! RIGHT!  ???

Offline tipnup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Nov 15, 2006, 09:30 PM »
Hey guys, I heard you can use 3 lines ice fishing?  Is this true?  Also, what's your bag on craps?  The wife and I got into a nice mess, and hopefully we didn't keep over our limit.  We kept 23, and I thought your limit was 25 per person, but a buddy said it's only 10, like here in MN.

Offline tipnup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Nov 15, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Hey guys, I heard you can use 3 lines ice fishing?  Is this true?  Also, what's your bag on craps?  The wife and I got into a nice mess, and hopefully we didn't keep over our limit.  We kept 23, and I thought your limit was 25 per person, but a buddy said it's only 10, like here in MN.
New just checking out the site

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Nov 16, 2006, 06:25 AM »
Welcome Tipnup.  This is a great site you're going to get addicted ;D

Offline Fish-A-Holic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Winnebago and Lovin it
« Reply #47 on: Nov 16, 2006, 07:23 AM »
Putting bait on an artificial lure is legal in wisconsin and counts as one bait, even if the lure has more than one treble hook.

You are allowed three lines or baits in the water. The only thing that would change this is a crappie rig where you have two seperate hooks attached to one line. This would count as two baits or lines in the water.

Three lines=2 tipups and a jig stick

Thre lines= 3 jig sticks even if they all have treble hooks on them
The Fish-A-Holic

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Nov 16, 2006, 08:38 AM »
You are allowed three lines, or baits.  Fish a holic is right.

I think the argument that people were trying to make is that if you put beads and a spinner blade on a quick strike rig, it was then an "artificial" lure.

Wiener

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.