The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: north pond access  (Read 595 times)

Offline allextremesfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
north pond access
« on: Mar 26, 2011, 04:15 PM »
can anyone give me an idea on where to access north pond in smithfield/belgrade? not looking for no hunny holes just looking for a spot to get on and give it a whirl!
FLAG!!!!!!!!! 's are all down

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
Re: north pond access
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Boat landing- can walk up the stream if its safe..id suggest checking before hand.
Pine tree camps
Both can be found on a map.

Snomobile crossing near the Smithfield store. About 1/2 mile past the store heading towards the boat landing. Right next to the road. On the left, can park on the road.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2011, 06:01 PM »
The few times I've accessed North in winter, we've gone on where the snowmobile trail gets on/off on the Western shore.

With all due respect for camp owners, I look for shade areas such as the north side of a point, or the south of a cove, or some nice majestic Pine trees..  @)
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Offline bigsky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2011, 08:28 AM »
Stay away from the boat landing, not safe at all. We fished yesterday for most of the day. Some flags but no Pike, ist time no fish in the last 3 weeks. You can get on by the snowmobile trail. Stop at the village store and they can tell you where you can get on

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.