The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cadillac update?  (Read 5431 times)

Offline thefishfeeder

• IceShanty Rookie
Cadillac update?
« on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:23 AM »
What's current conditions at Cadillac? Most important ,how's the ice. I seen there was a storm just passed through. How much snow is there on the lake, roads. Thanks.

Offline jschragg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cadillac update?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2020, 04:39 PM »
Pilgrims village just posted on facebook that Cadillac is a little rough by shore but 30ft out is 5 to 7 inches. Storm wasnt as bad as they predicted.

I have a question for guys, is there an access site on the south side of Cadillac? Or are they all on the North side?  :tipup:
Keep your stick on the ice

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2020, 05:13 PM »
Pilgrims village just posted on facebook that Cadillac is a little rough by shore but 30ft out is 5 to 7 inches. Storm wasnt as bad as they predicted.

I have a question for guys, is there an access site on the south side of Cadillac? Or are they all on the North side?  :tipup:
There is a park on the  east end of it in town plus the DNR access site

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2020, 08:00 AM »
Was just there yesterday. Went to Mitchell. Snow was 5-6 inch drifts. With some spots .5-1 inch. Machines been cruising around.  Not sure how much snow. We check lake Cadillac at kenwood, we decided not to go with really soft shore lol
East end by launch, like scout2 said. They call it the slabs, old houses or wood got pushed in long ago. It's hit miss there, but there is always fish there somewhere! Have to get on the edges.

Offline swidnica

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2020, 12:37 AM »
It's unfortunate that these lakes in Cadillac have good ice now for two months while lakes that have fish in them are not safe yet . 

Offline Dinosaur1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2020, 08:49 PM »
Fished Mitchell over the weekend. There was a lot of open water on Cadillac on the 15th so didn't go there. Fished behind the bait shop. Schools of 4" perch. Everyone I talked to had the same luck. Went off of the scout camp and marked fish but not even a nibble. Saturday high wind and heavy snow kept us home. Sunday sunny and high wind but the snow was deep and had created a layer of slush uder the snow in a lot of places especially near shore. Walking was difficult. One small gill was our day. Marked fish but no takers. Tried everything we had. Talked to others out on the ice and it was the same story. Hope the bite picks up soon.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2020, 06:27 AM »
Pilgrims Village said that Mitchell has begun to freeze over at the launch as of Sunday 12/6. Someone else said Big Bay is froze over as well. If weather holds true, this skinny fella might make a trip later next week. Fingers crossed.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2020, 06:49 AM »
Good Luck!! Go get em.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2020, 03:41 AM »
Pilgrims Village said that Mitchell has begun to freeze over at the launch as of Sunday 12/6. Someone else said Big Bay is froze over as well. If weather holds true, this skinny fella might make a trip later next week. Fingers crossed.
I think the wind may have taken  care of the ice on the larger lakes. unless they were frozen all the way across. I can check Cadillac tomorrow morning while I am in town and let you know. Some of the lakes have 3 to 4 inches of clear ice on them so I am told. I saw a report HL had 3 inches or so near shore and was ice as far as the eye could see. It is 18 here at my place so it is makn ice. If we make it thru today I think they may be on a lot of lakes next week

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2020, 03:59 AM »
I think the wind may have taken  care of the ice on the larger lakes. unless they were frozen all the way across. I can check Cadillac tomorrow morning while I am in town and let you know. Some of the lakes have 3 to 4 inches of clear ice on them so I am told. I saw a report HL had 3 inches or so near shore and was ice as far as the eye could see. It is 18 here at my place so it is makn ice. If we make it thru today I think they may be on a lot of lakes next week

Thanks Scout 2...'preciate it. Would be interested in knowing which of those small lakes have the 3-4" on them.  ;). I for one have given up on Houghton. 3 times in the last 3 years and a 3 hour drive has produced nothing for me. I call it a strike out.  ;D

Offline ICEOHIO22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2020, 10:58 AM »
Iceassin are there any decent spots to get out on Houghton by foot or do you need a sled? Might try Houghton or Lake St. Claire this year for a change if we get any fishable ice.

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2020, 04:51 PM »
Iceassin are there any decent spots to get out on Houghton by foot or do you need a sled? Might try Houghton or Lake St. Claire this year for a change if we get any fishable ice.
I am not him but you can walk out from the south DNR launce site. There is a big weed bed straight out and just slightly to the left that they fish on. You can also walk to the front of the Elks where there is another weed bed

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2020, 05:21 PM »
If your after pike, Houghton is your friend lol

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:28 PM »
If your after pike, Houghton is your friend lol
Ever see some of gills that come out of there. Grandsons have a ball when I take them in the summer. One of them, caught on almsot  inches long last summer. I heard of one that was  / but I did not see it

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:30 PM »
Ever see some of gills that come out of there. Grandsons have a ball when I take them in the summer. One of them, caught on almsot  inches long last summer. I heard of one that was  / but I did not see it

I've caught Perch up to & inches.

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:35 PM »
Well, to be fair..I don’t live close enough to truly figure houghton out enough to be productive. Lots fish there and they are in only 10% of the lake lmao
 Even if I did, that’s big body of water, which now seems small after researching lake of the woods (that just F huge)

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2020, 07:06 PM »
Well, to be fair..I don’t live close enough to truly figure houghton out enough to be productive. Lots fish there and they are in only 10% of the lake lmao
 Even if I did, that’s big body of water, which now seems small after researching lake of the woods (that just F huge)
I don't ice   fish there or Cadillac or Mitchel. Better lakes in the area to fish and no crowds. I do fish HL in the summer quite a few times

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2020, 08:49 PM »
I didn’t know you went out? You still in the lake city? I don’t any lakes there, beside the main one and the other little west

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2020, 10:55 AM »
Speaking of Lake City, what is the ice like on Missaukee?  Any help is appreciated
Froze all the  way across yesterday but looks like the center ois open this morning when I went by. Same for Cadillac shore ice but enter looks open. 5 inches of snow forecast for tomorrows the ice will be gone with the winds they are calling for. Smaller lakes have a good 4 inches of ice with many places having snow ice from when we got snow a couple weeks ago. I walked out to my buddy fishing  on a private lake and stood on a good 4 inches of clear ice. You could see bottom like watcvhing a TV

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 2020, 03:40 PM »
Bump...Been following Pilgrims Village but his drone went down on the ice and he hasn't been able to retrieve it yet.  ;D Anyway, the report as of Sunday was Mitchell was about 3/4 froze over. He also said the snow they got didn't stay on the ice so that's good news. So I'm thinking with temps in the teens at night and not much above freezing during the day for the next 3 or 4,  might make for some fishable ice by the end of the week. If anybody is doing a drive by in the next couple of days (I'm 2 hours away or I would), a report would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline BK105

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2020, 11:48 AM »
Just went home & grabbed some lunch, there's 3 or 4 people out on the west side of Mitchell quite a ways out from little cove..

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2020, 12:35 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for update.
We wait few more days to make little more ice for us. Lol

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2020, 02:26 PM »
Just went home & grabbed some lunch, there's 3 or 4 people out on the west side of Mitchell quite a ways out from little cove..

That was us. Ice was pretty solid. 3-4" in most spots on both coves. Further out was sketchy but we avoided that area. Nothing but dink perch which were hugging the bottom. Didn't mark ANYTHING! One guy had 3 flags out but none of them tripped while we were there. Good day to be out...but bad day of fishing.

Offline BK105

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2020, 03:12 PM »
Glad you safely made it out & back, it looked good seeing people out there again from the window.

Offline BK105

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 18, 2020, 11:47 AM »
It's standing room only to park today, lots of people out there today in a number of areas.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Dec 18, 2020, 12:09 PM »
It's standing room only to park today, lots of people out there today in a number of areas.

Wait until tomorrow!  ::)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 18, 2020, 05:53 PM »
Buddy of mine just got back. And again...another strike out. Not sure what's going on this year. Can't even mark them. ???

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 18, 2020, 05:59 PM »
Mitchell? We might make trip up tomorrow and stop pilgrims see any lures we like. Not fishing though.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Dec 18, 2020, 06:13 PM »
Mitchell? We might make trip up tomorrow and stop pilgrims see any lures we like. Not fishing though.

Yeah...Mitchell. 🙄

Offline bradh86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 18, 2020, 10:52 PM »
Speaking of Lake City, what is the ice like on Missaukee?  Any help is appreciated
We tried at the boat ramp this afternoon. Got a couple crappie but was slow. Didn't see anyone on the main lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.