The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Success  (Read 1857 times)

Offline sunnyslope

• Team IceShanty Regular
Success
« on: Jan 12, 2015, 08:04 PM »
What is everyone's most successful trips out on the ice? I was talking to a couple guys that said they had 300# weekend of pike. So that got me thinking what the possibilities are? I personally know I have hit that 300 mark on perch and I am sure some of you done way better.

strgon84

Re: Success
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2015, 08:06 PM »
i could use a few of your tips for pishkun then! :)

Offline sunnyslope

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2015, 08:08 PM »
i could use a few of your tips for pishkun then! :)
time and a little luck!

strgon84

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2015, 08:12 PM »
gonna hopefully have alot of both. ive got my sights on pish. wont quit anytime soon. tight lines. thanks

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2015, 03:26 PM »
I think it's got to be last year's Murph Classic at Nelson last year. I caught the biggest Walleye and won $1600. That was cool. Probably never happen again, but it did once. I'm gonna try like hell this year again too though. We had a pretty good trip that weekend all around besides.

Offline sunnyslope

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:34 PM »
I think it's got to be last year's Murph Classic at Nelson last year. I caught the biggest Walleye and won $1600. That was cool. Probably never happen again, but it did once. I'm gonna try like hell this year again too though. We had a pretty good trip that weekend all around besides.
that is awesome! I like hearing those stories

Offline spear1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:48 PM »
Sra61 we filled early this year for Murphs , hope you got signed up! Been full for 2 weeks

Offline pike_fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:48 PM »
My most successful day involved a beautiful February day at Cooney and my three oldest kids using the North Shore boat ramp as an ice and snow crusted sledding hill when the fishing was slow.  It still makes me laugh to watch the video they had me take on my phone so their mother could see the fun that they were having!

Fish-wise, probably was when my son was 4 and he caught his first walleye on a tip-up.  3.5 pounds and the smile was worth the cold 4 days at Nelson!
Fishing, the best stress management seminar for the money!

Offline walleymcjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:11 AM »
Any day out on the ice not at work...sounds successful to me.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:06 AM »
Sra61 we filled early this year for Murphs , hope you got signed up! Been full for 2 weeks
Yeah we got signed up a while back. So we're good to go. Haven't even been fishing once since last ice last March! That's pretty bad. Got a little burned out chasing moose last fall. Getting ready to hit the Blackfeet lakes soon though, and looking forward to Murph's.

Offline spear1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:44 AM »
Looking forward to seeing Ya at the tourny, I'll be the guy in the grey frabill suit standing at the table with the girls,, come say hi I'll buy Ya a beer... how did the moose chasing turn out?

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:54 AM »
Man I hunted for 37 days before I finally saw the first bull! Not straight through. I broke it up a bit. I killed a 42" bull on Nov. 24th. The cool thing was that in my wanderings, I found a 7x6 bull elk on the general opener and a 10x11 Muley on Veteran's Day too! 2014 was quite a year for me! The hunting season was pretty rough though. I did everything by myself. I started off in the summer by losing 50 lbs. and exercising though. That saved my bacon. I have horses too, so that made the packing possible, but I about busted a gut hefting those elk hind quarters onto that horse! Luckily my brother came to help pack out the moose. It took two round trips with the horses to get him out, and I would have never been able to lift those hinds by myself. That meat is so awesome! I was blessed last year for sure! ;)

Offline spear1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2015, 12:10 PM »
Awesome man!! Sounds like you truly had the dream season! Congrats!! Definitely come find me at the tourny I'll buy Ya a couple beers for sure,, would love to see pics!

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2015, 05:48 PM »
Awesome man!! Sounds like you truly had the dream season! Congrats!! Definitely come find me at the tourny I'll buy Ya a couple beers for sure,, would love to see pics!
Will do. I always come over with RD.

Offline MTblackice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2015, 07:54 PM »
If possible I think we would all love to see those pics.

Congrats to an awesome once in a lifetime hunting season.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:46 PM »
If possible I think we would all love to see those pics.

Congrats to an awesome once in a lifetime hunting season.
Ok, I don't want to hijack the thread but here's a few pics.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:17 PM »
Wow that's a awsome year. Great mule deer. Looks like a hefty taxidermy bill.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:18 PM »
Wow that's a awsome year. Great mule deer. Looks like a hefty taxidermy bill.
There's always a down side! ;)

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:27 PM »
I'll be the guy in the grey frabill suit

Frabill only made one of those so you should be easy to spot! Sorry couldn't help myself. : )
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline spear1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:15 PM »
Very nice sra61! All 3 animals very impressive but that mule deer is a toad! Congrats on an epic season,, see Ya at the tourny, remember "frabill suit" at sign up an weigh table.. I'll be there Friday night till 10pm an Saturday after final weigh in till we lock it up..

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #20 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:17 PM »
Awesome season! Congrats on the weight loss, that's the most miserable job known to mankind:)

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:32 PM »
Awesome season! Congrats on the weight loss, that's the most miserable job known to mankind:)
Thanks. The weight loss was the best thing I could have done. Now none of my clothes fit. I had to sell my Frabill Ice suit and got one of those Striker floating suits to replace it. I still can't believe it though, I went from XXL to a L and it was only like 3 1/2 months. To anyone out there with a few extra pounds it can be done!

Offline COULEE KID

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 15, 2015, 01:50 PM »
That looks like a great hunting season.  Glad all of you hard work paid off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.