The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Good Ice Fishing Stores?  (Read 3409 times)

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good Ice Fishing Stores?
« on: Nov 30, 2005, 10:16 AM »
Just a quick question for all you people down there. I'm up in Calgary (Alberta Canada) and I'm looking for a flip over shelter. We really don't have much up here, but I would like to check things out in Montana next time through. Does anyone know of some good stores that carry a good selection of flip overs? Maybe if they have a website that you know of that I could check out first for directions, prices etc? I would like to look at: Clam, Frabill, Otter?

Thanks in advance,

Offline hook'm n cook'm

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Good Ice Fishing Stores?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Scheels or Big Bear in Great Falls ususally have a good selection of shelters.  Scheels is on the east side of the mall and Big Bear is on the NW bypass.  Hope that this helps.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2005, 02:04 PM »
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Next trip: Great Falls

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2005, 03:12 PM »
Hey Van. If you are driving from Vancouver and you are on I-90, you can stop at Sportsmans Warehouse in Missoula. I think they also have one in Spokane. I picked up an Eskimo Quick Flip Pro there for about 240 bucks (US.)  I don't like Scheels, because their prices are too high. Big Bear may be a little more reasonable, but I think Sportsmans is the cheapest and has the best selection.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2005, 03:14 PM »
I just saw you are from Calgary. You are only about 5 hrs from Missoula.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Yes, but I think Great Falls is quicker? Don't have to do that nasty highway to get to Spokane.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2005, 04:01 PM »
Yeah, GF is quicker. You would either have to go through GF or Kalispell to get to Missoula.  I was at Sportsmans Warehouse in Missoula last weekend and they had a lot of shanties. I would call Scheels and Big Bear in GF before you go. They may not have much.

Offline hook'm n cook'm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2005, 02:58 PM »
I know that Scheels isn't the cheepest, but they have a pretty good selection.  I see that they have at least 4 display models out front of the store.  I think with $2.00 gas, you will end up spending more than what you save if you travel all the way to Missoula.  Its an extra 360 miles round trip.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:48 PM »
Scheels, in billings,  :tipup:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline hook'm n cook'm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2005, 01:57 PM »
scheels in great falls

Offline Earl_Gray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2006, 10:02 PM »
If your still in the market for a shelter the fold up kind mounted on a plastic sled like the otter or clam. Check with Milk River Co-op in Havre. I looked at the two they had on display, he offered to deal but I'm just not able to spend much at this point for a shelter. (My fishin partner has a fold up canvas shack) I don't work for them or nothing but see you were in the market and thought I might pass on the info. Maybe save you a trip to Great Falls.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.