Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 232171 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1380 on: Feb 11, 2023, 06:36 PM »
Been dealing with a bug for a week now.

Best wishes beating the bug Dave! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1381 on: Feb 11, 2023, 09:53 PM »
Good evening , today was the eight year anniversary of my mother's passing so made the drive to Paramus (NJ>) and decorated my parents and other relatives graves. A burial service was finishing when i arrived otherwise not many people there thought it might be busy being weekend before Valentine's Day .  There was an annual fire dept. contest in neighboring Sullivan county today reports i found before contest said 7.5 to 8 inches of ice on lake where contest is held so getting some of my gear together and hopefully fish at this lake on Monday morning for a few hours.
Ice Wander may the trip to and from NH. have been problem free today for you and your wife.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the info. on school stabbing/death . glad you and your wife were able to change her brother's behavior for the better.
Eddie good to hear things went well at the doctor's and you both had a laugh over your odds on getting a handshake .
IFF may the fever be over and you feeling better sorry you had a bad reaction to the covid booster shot. May you feel like fishing tomorrow .hunts2long thank you for the info. on GSL the more I learn surprised they allow ice fishing since it is a reservoir and subject to changing water levels. The NYC water supply reservoirs in the Catskills are closed to ice fishing as their water levels change when water is released into the aqueducts to travel to the reservoirs on east side of Hudson river and Closer to NYC .
Old Goat may all be good with you and the family.
Drifter sorry to hear you are dealing with another bug may you loose it this week and be able to get out to the cabin the weekend of Feb,18-19 . Glad you got some good news and your new truck is on it's way to the dealership.  :thumbsup:
Fish/hunt4ever nice that you and the wife could do a fishing trip without your children may there have been a flurry of biting fish before you called it a day.
Wallyworld may you and Mr.WW be doing better today .

May everyone have a good Sunday. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1382 on: Feb 12, 2023, 04:23 AM »
Good Super Bowl morning  will be cranking up the coffee pot shortly and waiting for the daughter to arrive for what maybe the last ice outing  plan is to only fish until 1:00 get home to make whatever she is planning to have come game time

Going to be a bright sunny day on the ice, should hit 45 today hope the fish are hungry will have to wait until home to post any pictures if I have any worthy of sharing

Best to all
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1383 on: Feb 12, 2023, 04:47 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                         It's 1* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Bud.........I hope your feeling better so you have a good outing on the ice today. :thumbsup: Enjoy the Super Bowl. :flex:
                         Eddie.......Thank you for the continued thoughts to my wife's family, it sure was a saddened occasion. :( I hope you were able to get out on the ice
             land a few. :unsure: Are you having the clan over for this evening game? ???
                         Wally........I'm sorry to read about you and Mr. WW's illnesses, hopefully you both can beat it son. :flex:
                         Dave........The same goes to you, hopsfully you will be able to move things around to get the trailer out so you can make the trip to your cabin. :unsure:
                         Marv........ That must have been a tough school to attend. :cookoo: I wouldn't have lasted very long there. :roflmao:
                         Fish..........I'm glad that you and your wife got to spend some ice time together. :clap:
                         Steve........I remember when you posted about your mother's passing, my continued condolences goes out to you and your sister. :( Good luck going
             out tomorrow on your first ice trip. :clap:
                         H2l...........I've been out on the ice with an inch of water on top pf the ice, it's not what I call a fun time. :whistle: I hope your wife sinuses  become
             unstuffed. :flex:
                         Not much going on today just going to realax and watch all the super bowl stuff.
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy. I hope who ever you are rooting for wins.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1384 on: Feb 12, 2023, 05:02 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 23* to start the day off, warming up to mid 40’s today.

Bud…glad you’re feeling better and up to drilling some holes today! Best of luck to you and your daughter, keeping the fingers crossed for a banner day out there together!  :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:
  Steve…glad you were able to make the trip to Paramus and decorate the gravesite’s for your Moms 8th Anniversary. My condolences to you and the family. Hard to believe it’s been 8 years since her passing already.  :bow:  Best of luck with your trip tomorrow, hope the bite is on..enjoy!!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…envious, my wife would never come out on the ice with me even on nice days, lol. Hope the bite picked up before you did yesterday!  :thumbsup:  How much ice did you have?
  Dave…sending best wishes to you also on battling that bug, hope it’s about run its course.  :thumbsup:  Wish we could get a week’s worth of that weather here..going to be up in the 50’s again this week with some rain, Doh! Excellent news on the truck, hope to see some pictures of that soon!  :clap:
  OG…I’ll have to check that movie out, saw the trailer on YouTube…based on a true story I believe? Good luck with your Super Bowl squares tonight and hope all is going well with your Mom.  :thumbsup:
  H2..this weather forecast for the upcoming week will probably put the finishing touches on many of the lakes and reservoirs I imagine. Good luck on the lanes this evening!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..hope you and Mr.WW are feeling some relief today, best wishes to you both!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff/Marv…hope you fellas have a good day today with whatever is on the planner!   :thumbsup:

Two of my sons were on the ice yesterday morning sending me updates. Mike was fishing basically in the same spot I was on Thursday and went 0-4 on the trout. Steve was in a small tournament of about 25 entrants and missed first place in the perch category by 1/2”..close but no cigar, lol. They had fun regardless of the outcome and braved the weather conditions…might have been both of their last trips out here locally.
  Good luck to everyone with SuperBowl squares tonight and enjoy the game!  Cawfee’s on Bud this morning!  ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Jeff, I spent the day just taking it easy yesterday. Thinking maybe tomorrow for another trip out locally before the shorelines and ice take a beating. Enjoy the game!  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1385 on: Feb 12, 2023, 06:33 AM »
19* clear and calm.

We don't bowl tonight, SUPER BOWL!!!

IW, I am not a fan of all that pre-game stuff. They have talked about it for 2 weeks and now have a 5 hour pre-game show. I will start watching at about 6:15. There used to be some bowling on before SB.

A sure bet on the SB. I would bet all the money in the world that my brother doesn't know who is playing in it. He may not even know it is today.

Eddie, I bet the lake is one big skating rink this morning.

Hope evevyone has a good day and enjoy the game....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1386 on: Feb 12, 2023, 08:13 AM »
We have about 2 to 3 feet of ice on the lake, the auger head would just about touch the pile of ice shavings before breaking through. There was about 4 to 6 inches of snow on the lake as well so a shovel was nice to move the snow. Only had one more flag as we picked up right at sundown, the wife was getting cold as the temp was dropping fast. Another vortex and winter conditions for this next week. Hopefully good travels for the wife on Wednesday for her doctor's appointment. Well supposed to go and make a set of chains for the truck with my buddy this morning at some point. Then get some goodies for the super bowl. Usually do not watch to much football or sports but usually watch the super bowl. I have not even seen who is in it so hunts you would win money on me as well for not knowing who is in it. Well better get back to the next bite on YouTube since there is not alot on regular TV and see when my buddy wants me over and when the wife wakes up for breakfast and coffee. Have a great day today.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1387 on: Feb 12, 2023, 08:21 AM »
All I can say is you’re all addicted  ;D
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1388 on: Feb 12, 2023, 09:45 AM »

Good morning ER's  thoughts and prayers to those who have lost a family member or friend recently; and those who are having health issues now. Will be doing car stuff for daughter today while she watches Gama. Weather here has turned the heat on us again. The snow melt should help some though. Hope to get out again sometime this year. Mason you are right the movie is based on true story.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1389 on: Feb 12, 2023, 09:35 PM »
Good evening, a quick look at local news found a sad article this past Friday two teenagers broke through the ice on a lake in Taconic state park in Dutchess county. They were only 20 to 30 feet from shore when they broke through the ice one was able to self rescue and call 911 drivers found the other teen who was taken to a hospital in CT. where here latter died. Also saw there was a shooting at club in Buffalo, NY. prayers for all killed or injured.
Ice Wanderer may the team you are rooting for be winning or have won the Super Bowl .
Eddie congratulations to Steve on his second place perch at the contest. Nice that both he and mike were able to get out on Saturday .
Hunts2long your brother sounds like my departed father never got into sports I'm not a big football fan but around enough other people to know teams playing in the game.
Fish/hunt4ever may need to purchase an extension for your auger. Best wished for your wife on Wednesday may the weather allow her to make the appointment .
Old Goat may you have completed the work on your daughter's car.
Wallyworld may all be good with the two of you.

To all who are watching or watched the Super bowl may it be/have been an exciting game. keep safe,stay healthy. best to all fishing this week.
  Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1390 on: Feb 12, 2023, 09:59 PM »
Oh and forgot to mention it was not a good weekend for gear. Broke one of me engle coolers then broke the air filter assembly and handle off my auger one on the way to the lake the other on the way home.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1391 on: Feb 12, 2023, 10:53 PM »
Good evening Steve

FH4.  Ouch

Yippee my team won

BTW put a pile of giils on the ice
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1392 on: Feb 13, 2023, 04:29 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 23* and clear here on my hill, ::)
                          Congratulations to the KC Cheif's on their win. :clap: :clap:
                          Eddie........Congratul ations to Steve for the second place win. :flex: I hope you can get on the ice today. :unsure:
                          H2l...........There are some people that could care less about any sport competition, but I from a young age always watched any sport I could. :whistle:
              But now only watch Football, some NASCAR and Golf.  :blink: Did you bowl last night and if you did how did you do? ???
                          Wally.........I hope yoiu and Mr. WW are feeling better. :thumbsup:
                          Narv..........I guess you and the girls were happy that the Cheif's won. :flex: I hope your Pizza and beer was good. :clap:
                          Steve........That's sad about the teen loosing his life oh the ice, were they ice fishing or just out on it. :(
                          Fish.......... Sorry for the damage to your auger and bait cooler. I have the smaller Engle and love it. :whistle:
                          OG............I hope you were able to fix your daughter's car? ??? :flex:
                          Not much going on today, Jon volunteers at a food pantry on Mondays so maybe we will try to go out tomorrow.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1393 on: Feb 13, 2023, 04:34 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 25*, bluebird skies and sunshine forecasted for today, high of 46.

Heading out to meet my son on the ice for breakfast and a sunrise… hopefully a few hungry trout!  ;D 
  Catch up with you a little later…Cawfee’s on!  :thumbsup:  :tipup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1394 on: Feb 13, 2023, 06:18 AM »
23* and clear.

IW, I also have always been into sports. Just about all sports, except NBA, there is always something to watch. I even paused the start of the SB so I could watch the end of a college basketball game that went to double OT. No bowling last night, had it off because of the SB. SB was a very good game and I am sure there are some un-happy people out there when KC opted for the field goal at the end, I thought it was a great call by the coach.

Eddie, should be a nice day on the ice, good luck.

Fish, I believe we all have had days like that. 

WW, hope you both are feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1395 on: Feb 13, 2023, 06:43 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

26 degrees, heading to the upper 30's by mid afternoon.

Congratulations to any Chief fans. Seems it always comes down to the Refs.

IW...I'm guessing you ended up with a few left over from your 30 pack ;D Enjoy the day, hope you can hit the ice tomorrow :thumbsup:

Eddie...Best of luck to you and your son today. I hope the trout are chomping :icefish:

WW...Hope you have turned the corner and at least feeling a little better :thumbsup:

Bud...Congrats on putting some gills on top the ice :thumbsup:

With any luck I am going to hit the range today. It sounds like some heavy rain is in the forecast along with some nasty winds. Today will be the best day of the week.

Hope everyone has a good Monday :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy. Best luck to anyone finding ice :icefish:

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1396 on: Feb 13, 2023, 07:18 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....great way to start the day  :thumbsup:

IFF....congrats on the gills  :clap:

WS.....have a good time at the range   :flex:

IW.....hope you find good ice tomorrow  :tipup:

H2L....nice the league gives you a pass on SB Sunday  :clap:

MrC...thoughts and prayers to the young man that lost his life  :'(

FH4......sorry to see the ouchies  :pinch:

Thanks for all the well wishes, much appreciated  :bow:  Been a tough week or so, hopefully the meds kick in soon  :-\  not much happening other than staying home and resting.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1397 on: Feb 13, 2023, 08:20 PM »
Red winged black birds showed up at the feeders today !!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1398 on: Feb 13, 2023, 09:09 PM »
Good evening, reached the lows fifties for a high temperature here today. think after i get some bills paid and have some maintenance done on my SUV will look into getting thermostat for my apartment replaced have it set at 64 and still reaching 70 or higher.
Ice Wanderer please give Jon my thanks for volunteering at the food pantry . best wished for the two of you on tomorrow's trip. I believe the teens were just walking on the ice, News story I saw was from the ABC affiliate in Albany (News10) .
Eddie hope the trout provided you and your son with lots of action today.
Hunts2longseems some people have an interest in all team and competitive sports others just hunting and fishing/outdoors .
Whopper Stopper did you make it to the gun range today if so were you happy with the performance of the reloads .
Wallyworld guess Spring is making it's way to new York the mild weather likely is playing a role in wildlife movement and activity . May both of you start to see some benefit from the meds you are taking for the RSV .

Have a good night stay safe and keep healthy. best to all fishing this week.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1399 on: Feb 13, 2023, 09:18 PM »
Whopper Stopper did you make it to the gun range today if so were you happy with the performance of the reloads .

Unfortunately I never made it. The guessers are calling for rain and wind tomorrow , so hard to say when I will be able to go over there

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1400 on: Feb 13, 2023, 09:20 PM »
Whopper Stopper thank you for the reply , the rain out by you is forecast to arrive here on Thursday when i last looked at the extended forecast.  have a pleasant evening.
   Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1401 on: Feb 14, 2023, 04:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 34*, NW winds blowing 15-25mph, high of 43.

Jeff…best of luck to you and Jon today, hope you find the fish hungry!   :icefish:
  Steve…we had some early morning action and then they just turned right off like a light, lol. Mike went 2 for 5 with the Brown Trout, the old man went 0-2 jigging and caught the skunk again, lol.  ;D
  Wally…nice sign of Spring coming at the feeder to brighten up your day!  :clap:  Hope the meds have kicked into gear and you both are feeling some relief today…best wishes continued!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…dang weather, hopefully it moves out quickly so you can try out that new 44 soon! Maybe take advantage of the weather today to do some wrist exercises for the recoil??  ;D  :thumbsup:
  H2…weather was absolutely beautiful yesterday for us, almost like it was designed that way!  :thumbsup:
  Bud..congrats on the bluegill fest, hope you get another chance at them today!    :clap: :thumbsup:

Heading back out again this morning with my son to have breakfast on the ice and hopefully have a little better luck today.  Weather doesn’t look promising for too many more outings..so we’ll enjoy this day no matter what the outcome.
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1402 on: Feb 14, 2023, 05:11 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 30* and very windy here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie ........I hope you have a good day on the ice today. :thumbsup: :flex:
                          Marv..........Sorry you couldn't get to the range, hopefully the weather cooperates so you can get to it soon. :unsure: Yeah...I have some
               left over, but back in the day I could probably drink all of them. lol :roflmao:
                          Wally.........I'm sorry that you and Mr. WW are still under the weather, hopefully the meds kick in and make the symptoms go away. :flex:
                          H2l............I thought that there wasn't bowling Sunday because of the SB but wasn't sure. :blink: Yeah I never really cared for the NBA
               either, I did like high school basketball tho. :whistle:
                          Bud...........I bet those Bluegills tasted yummy. :flex:
                          Steve.........Thank you for the clarification on the teens going on the ice. :clap: If you have hot water heat in the complex, it might not be the
               thermostat, it could be a bad backflow valve letting the water circulate and making your place too warm. And wouldn't it be up to maintenance to take
               care of that. ???
                          Jon and I are not going today, he has a break job appointment today, tomorrow the wind is supposed to blow so it looks like Thursday morning.
                          Yesterday I went out a scored some firewood on the side of the road, the power line clearing crews are out in full force. I might do the same today.
                          I hope everyone has a goo Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1403 on: Feb 14, 2023, 05:29 AM »
34* and some clouds.

Eddie, good luck today. All the ice shanties that were out from the campsite (5 or 6) were gone yesterday PM. Someone must believe the weatherman.

Mr. C, too bad about the kid going thru the ice.

IW, back when there were more bowlers in the league we also got the Sunday of the Daytona off, now not as "many" rednecks lol.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1404 on: Feb 14, 2023, 05:52 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

38 degrees with rain throughout the day and most of tonight expected. The guessers are claiming an inch or better by the time it moves out.

Eddie...Best of luck to you and Mike today :icefish: I will keep the wrist exercises in mind  ;D

IW...Good score getting some free wood :thumbsup:

WW...Hope the day dawns with you feeling at least somewhat better :thumbsup:

Just indoor puttering with all the rain.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Best of luck to everyone :icefish:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1405 on: Feb 14, 2023, 06:10 AM »
Good morning. Well with it as warm as it is at this hour and water already on the ice cap and warm rain on it’s way, my bet is it will honey comb it and make it too dangerous for this fat old man.  The prospects of traveling back to Tennessee and arriving in thunderstorms and high winds not very appealing. So for now the plan is to keep a vet appointment for Jake to get his rabies and distemper shots tomorrow. With hitting the road on Friday morning. At least it was an enjoyable couple days father/daughter outing on ice

Will check back in after a short nap
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1406 on: Feb 14, 2023, 07:24 AM »
Looks like we will have more ice making for a few more weeks. Cannot believe we have only 2 full weeks of February and then March is knocking on the door. Then it will be about a month to get the new boat. Well we will see if the weatherman is right here and we get snow today through tomorrow. The wife is supposed to go to a doctor's appointment on Wednesday but if we get the snow and wind towards casper I bet they close the road again, just have to see. Well have a great Tuesday everyone, better get my sorry butt to work and check in and see how my coworker and my Agilent technician are doing to hopefully get my Agilent technician on the road before the storm hits. Here is our long term forcast.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1407 on: Feb 14, 2023, 09:15 AM »
FH4 how much ice have you had on your go to lakes. 
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1408 on: Feb 14, 2023, 12:33 PM »
We have about 2 to 3 feet of ice on the lakes around me. Some of the lakes around the state have around a foot or so.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1409 on: Feb 14, 2023, 03:01 PM »
Afternoon all,

FH4.....you're making all of NY'ers envious with that ice report  :blink:

Eddie...another beautiful spring day to hit the ice  :icefish:

IW......free firewood is always good  :thumbsup:

WS......fingers crossed the rain on the snow doesn't cause any problems at the house  :pinch:

H2L.....definitely not a good year to leave ice houses out till the last minute  :nono:

MrC.....see 3 ice fishermen lost their lives on Lake Champlain in Vermont in 2 separate incidents  :'( :'(  so sad :'(

IFF.....you've seen more ice time than some of us this year  :clap:  good idea to wait out the storm before heading south  ;)

What a beautiful spring day, nothing but blue skies and sunshine, even seen a few bikes on the road  @)  altho I must say 49* is a bit too chilly for riding IMHO  :roflmao:

Have a Happy Valentine's Day !!! Stay safe, stay healthy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.