The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Worthley Pond  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Worthley Pond
« on: Mar 17, 2023, 04:11 PM »
Looking to fish Worthley pond this weekend and never fished it before. Looking to see if there is parking so we can bring our trailers and if its plowed out if there is. Thanks

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
Re: Worthley Pond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2023, 05:05 PM »
Poland or Peru?

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2023, 05:50 PM »
Peru

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2023, 06:22 PM »
FYI... there is some parking if anyone goes there

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2023, 09:30 PM »
FYI... there is some parking if anyone goes there

Thanks for info coach. Any decent ones?

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2023, 04:10 AM »
Drove up yesterday to check it out, heading there now to go fish it, so I am hoping. But its something new to try

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2023, 05:31 AM »
Drove up yesterday to check it out, heading there now to go fish it, so I am hoping. But its something new to try

Chance at a nice brown or rainbow there coach,  enjoy  :tipup:

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2023, 06:45 PM »
We caught 2 nice Browns and had a little excitement. 

I had one trap that kept going off and after my 5th or 6th trip to the flag, the back of my sled broke thru the ice on my way to the trap and then #1Bassfisher stepped in an old ice hole and went up to his knee, but nobody got hurt and it was a Good day out on the ice for our 1st time fishing it. We did cut 16" of ice

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2023, 06:40 AM »
Crazy that you can be on 16” of ice then break through right next to it. I was able to spud through about 6-8” of ice in one hit the other day…..I wrapped up the season after that.

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2023, 08:00 AM »
Crazy that you can be on 16” of ice then break through right next to it. I was able to spud through about 6-8” of ice in one hit the other day…..I wrapped up the season after that.

YEA... and the weather this week does not look good to help the ice either

I should of added we ran into a Darn Blizzard on our way there that lasted about an 45 mins

Offline Jack978

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2023, 12:26 PM »

Our last outing was on about 19 inches of ice.  It wasn't bad but the season is getting to an end.  The edges were ok but you could see where vehicles had stressed things a bit.  I make a point of going on foot since that minimizes the chances of taking a dip.

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2023, 01:30 PM »
Our last outing was on about 19 inches of ice.  It wasn't bad but the season is getting to an end.  The edges were ok but you could see where vehicles had stressed things a bit.  I make a point of going on foot since that minimizes the chances of taking a dip.

YEA if we go again it will be on foot and near shore

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2023, 06:24 PM »
close call glad you all are ok
in god we trust

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2023, 08:16 PM »
Today i went by Farm ponds in Falmouth and Cumberland completely free of ice with Geese near by finding green grass. Im sure the NE edges of lakes where sun hits it the most will be open water, Ice fishing over in Cumberland cty, for safety reasons!!!

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2023, 01:47 PM »
Today i went by Farm ponds in Falmouth and Cumberland completely free of ice with Geese near by finding green grass. Im sure the NE edges of lakes where sun hits it the most will be open water, Ice fishing over in Cumberland cty, for safety reasons!!!

Drove by Middle Range on Friday and it looked real punky.  Lots of water by the causeway.  Strangely, when I got farther north to Locke Mills, there was that shack still on the ice on North Pond.  Ice did not look safe and frankly I don't know how they're gonna fetch that off the ice now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.