Author Topic: Call it Good Karma  (Read 2287 times)

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Call it Good Karma
« on: Mar 15, 2023, 05:30 PM »
Well this 15 inch wet snow storm probably finished my season.. since these past two days spent cleaning up were probably my last two free days to fish... but I'll still consider myself lucky.... storm could have been a lot worse had this tree fallen a few feet to the left.

Good luck to those of you out there finishing the season strong.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Call it Good Karma
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2023, 08:44 PM »
Bummer to hear about the end of your season. Hopefully you were able to get out and catch some fish! I’d give up 2 days of ice fishing over a tree smashing my boat any day. Glad you got lucky
Tight Lines!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2023, 05:33 AM »
Wow, You are a lucky man!

Offline Deepwaters

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2023, 07:54 AM »
This has been a rough year for NH residents’ property. I work in the restoration industry. The wind storm over Christmas, then the deep freeze in Feb. followed by this past March Nor’easter. We’ve had more jobs in the past two months than all of last year COMBINED!  Lots of trees coming down on houses and not so lucky homeowners. If you’ve had it happen, I feel for you.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2023, 08:35 AM »
Close call, glad it didn’t end up on your boat!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2023, 05:33 PM »
Thanks guys, have to agree...

I am glad it didn't hit the boat, but those that are suffering from damaged houses due to storm damage this winter are way worse off.
We lost a lot of limbs and small trees, and have a decorative tree that has taken a beaten twice this winter... but nothing to complain about. 

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2023, 08:05 AM »
Well this 15 inch wet snow storm probably finished my season.. since these past two days spent cleaning up were probably my last two free days to fish... but I'll still consider myself lucky.... storm could have been a lot worse had this tree fallen a few feet to the left.

Good luck to those of you out there finishing the season strong.

Close calls only count in horse shoes and matters concerning your boat., every storm has me holding my breath, as mine winters under a massive pine. let's fish this summer .
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2023, 12:39 PM »
Close calls only count in horse shoes and matters concerning your boat., every storm has me holding my breath, as mine winters under a massive pine. let's fish this summer .

Agreed Joe.... the smaller boat is parked out back where the trees are larger - which is part of the reason this ones is where it is...
Fishing this summer sounds good... let's make it happen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.