The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Livescope+  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
Livescope+
« on: Mar 15, 2023, 12:19 PM »
Does Livescope ever go on sale? I want one so bad but can’t stomach spending $3000+ for it.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Livescope+
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2023, 02:52 PM »
My Vexilar 28 works so good id never spend money on a Livescope, I can see fish comming and at what depth and how far away the fish are ,I have more fun watching the Flasher then reeling them in!

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2023, 02:58 PM »
My brother picked up the gen1 Livescope which is on sale.  https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/garmin-panoptix-livescope-transducer-system

Offline Genxer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2023, 03:55 PM »
If you are looking for a cheaper option I would suggest the Garmin 106SV (10” 999.99 at BPS) combined with a Garmin LVS12 transducer ($500 on Ebay).   It would be around $1,500 total.  With this combo there is no need for the black box.  Not quite as good as the LVS32 or 34, but gets the job done.  Would be great for Ice Fishing.

Offline Boglake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2023, 04:30 PM »
No comparison between livescope and the other units mentioned here, not in the same ballpark. 

You can piece it together, but no matter your approach it’s expensive, and worth every penny.

Offline Genxer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2023, 05:15 PM »
I definitely agree with that.  I have two LVS34’s with 106SV’s on my Ranger.  Both Forward & Perspective modes simultaneously.  But that was some major Peso.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2023, 08:45 PM »
I have the first gen panoptix ice pack, I got it a just before the livescope came out. It doesn’t even have the touchscreen 😅. I almost wish I held out, but I’m still more than satisfied with the older “lo-res” version compared to any standard sonar. But knowing there’s a “HD” version out there makes me envious still lol.
Wish I could post a video without putting it on YouTube. Even in shallow water, just having the live feed makes it’s entertaining to see the interaction and movement on the screen. Where standard sonars and flashers are kinda useless with fish dashing in and out at the same level as your jig (trout in particular) you get to see the fish zip around and even chase each other off to the sides.

Offline Boglake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2023, 06:02 PM »
The chasing happens so much more than I ever expected!!!

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2023, 06:04 PM »
It makes not catching fish so much more fun!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2023, 09:58 PM »
It makes not catching fish so much more fun!

That! Never realized how many more fish came over to check the offering but never showed up in the traditional transducers field of view. Or like a week ago, used the forward view to find an active area, only to sit at that one hole to see what’s practically a fish highway, but nothing wanted to bite, most never even came off bottom much to check out the jig. They just kept moving through.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2023, 08:20 AM »
You dont know how to use right Bait

Offline sleddog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2023, 08:34 AM »
I found this group of fish while hole hopping & searching. I set up over them & tried everything I had to catch one! Live bait, pieces of live bait, various sizes of jigs & colors. Aggressive & finesse. Nothing worked & after four hours I gave up.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2023, 09:48 AM »
Jigs were not right size and color,  Joe or I could probaly help you if time to get together was right!!!!

Offline Boglake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 17, 2023, 04:41 PM »
You dont know how to use right Bait
You don’t have any idea of what’s happening down there, ditch the vexlar and find out!

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2023, 06:26 PM »
I go home with all we can eat all the time do you?

Offline FishingPhil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2023, 06:40 PM »
Does Livescope ever go on sale? I want one so bad but can’t stomach spending $3000+ for it.

Love my lvs62. Use it ice and open water (kayak) . I can sharp shoot fish 100-150’ out and watch them hit. I can see further, but can’t cast much further! Really fun laker fishing. I got a good deal on mine, so had to jump on it. Sold my lvs32 for a pretty penny before they went on sale.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2023, 06:59 AM »
you guys spend a lot more money! and go home with fewer fish.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Mar 18, 2023, 07:25 AM »
I have both units og panoptics and livescope.  Worthy investments and I catch plenty.  My flx 28 is a paper weight now.

Offline sleddog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2023, 07:57 AM »
Jigs were not right size and color,  Joe or I could probaly help you if time to get together was right!!!!

Awesome! When I grow up I want to be a chip off the old block!

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2023, 12:55 PM »
 lowaccord66
                      If you want to get rid of your Vexilar ill take it and share it with a friend.

Offline Boglake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2023, 04:16 PM »
I go home with all we can eat all the time do you?

Oh yeah, well I catch bigger fish!   ;D

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2023, 06:21 PM »
We need a lot of fishermen like you, I fish to eat ,and fillet which helps to rid flesh of Mercury ,The bigger the fish the higher the mercury content.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2023, 06:22 PM »
you guys spend a lot more money! and go home with fewer fish.

I mostly catch and release anyway, I don’t really like to eat fish, ones I do keep usually go to family. The whole details and display of what’s going on beneath you is a lot more  fun to watch than a flasher or sonar graph. Plus it makes for more efficient run and gun fishing.

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2023, 02:13 AM »
It’s ok Woodchip, you don’t have to be afraid, this “livescope” is different than the one you get typically after the age of 50.

Offline Boglake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 19, 2023, 06:40 AM »
We need a lot of fishermen like you, I fish to eat ,and fillet which helps to rid flesh of Mercury ,The bigger the fish the higher the mercury content.
Mercury is my favorite flavor!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Mar 20, 2023, 06:33 AM »
lowaccord66
                      If you want to get rid of your Vexilar ill take it and share it with a friend.

I wouldnt mind selling it to another member at all.  Flx28 could use a battery but is operational now.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 20, 2023, 11:36 AM »
Let me know what you want  Ill be interested in it for a friend that dosent  have much

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.