Author Topic: Attention fellow knuckle heads  (Read 5379 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Attention fellow knuckle heads
« on: Mar 11, 2023, 12:34 PM »
I'll, be contacting yuze. Guys (and gal)about getting together for presentation of the Pink flamingo trap, I'll have a prize or two for  guys on the PUP list.and "gave it their all".this will be rain/snow or shine, ice no ice, the hot dog grill will be employed no.matter what.if we cant fish, we'll have a few of my home brews, cook a few dogs and talk about the season that could have been..I've got a spot picked out that has good access, the walk shouldn't be too brutal  , the fishing
 Wont be premium, but the company will be..

On a side note, today's mission got scrubbed because of an emergency at work, 4 hours of driving gone kaput, but I took a mental health day this week and went back to my rainbow roots.

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Attention fellow knuckle heads
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2023, 01:20 PM »
Sucks when work gets in the way... you should expense the mileage/fuel...

Way to make the most of the time though... nice Bow

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2023, 02:01 PM »
Sucks when work gets in the way... you should expense the mileage/fuel...

Way to make the most of the time though... nice Bow

My boss knows how I feel about this, hes paying me 4 hours travel time, my 4 hour minimum ( it too 2 minutes  to fix the problem);which is all time and a half, in addition, hes giving  me an additional paid day off of my choosing, as   bonus, I got a mud lizzard(smallie) as I was picking  up, that is now going to.be fish tacos.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2023, 02:45 PM »
Im in Joe. 

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2023, 03:14 PM »
My boss knows how I feel about this, hes paying me 4 hours travel time, my 4 hour minimum ( it too 2 minutes  to fix the problem);which is all time and a half, in addition, hes giving  me an additional paid day off of my choosing, as   bonus, I got a mud lizzard(smallie) as I was picking  up, that is now going to.be fish tacos.

All that an dinner too... sounds like it worked out well... 

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2023, 04:04 PM »
Too bad about the bust and all the driving but I guess when duty calls.....sounds like the boss made it up to you.
Nice bow too.
See you knuckleheads soon  :thumbsup:
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2023, 09:39 AM »
All I need is time and location Joe....
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2023, 11:03 AM »
All I need is time and location Joe....
PM sent

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2023, 03:43 PM »
Not sure if I count as a knucklehead, but definitely interested! Weekends are getting booked up with coaching, but if I can make it I’ll be there!
Tight Lines!

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2023, 04:06 PM »
   To all you knuckleheads   Thank you for your humor and fun stories and fishing tips, you are a Great group of guys, I enjoy your posts and miss the AA, I always enjoyed his posts and am sorry he got booted, I wish you all a good outing. Whether  you fish or tell stories about  this season and past years, or just enjoy a brew and some dogs, and good company  ENJOY           
  I never learned how to post pictures and therefore  only respond if I feel I can help someone,  Hope you have a safe and  healthy end of the season and Great year  ahead                   
         Tight lines and clean quick kills   
                   Gunvault

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2023, 05:14 PM »
Dconice,, Guinea, Pool guy check your PMs.

Offline crashed87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2023, 05:28 PM »
If a random guy who fishes a lot and posts sparingly is allowed to attend, I’d love to meet a few of you people.
Todays dink perch picture for attention. And yes, tried something different with some worms today 🤷‍♂️

Clear ice, tight lines, can’t lose

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2023, 09:44 AM »
Nice Bow Joe way to get out! Haven't been able to get out since the derby between vacation and kid commitments trying to get out with Frank but the ice has been tough. Hopefully can get out next weekend or 1 more after before i put the gear away. good luck!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2023, 10:15 AM »
Nice Bow Joe way to get out! Haven't been able to get out since the derby between vacation and kid commitments trying to get out with Frank but the ice has been tough. Hopefully can get out next weekend or 1 more after before i put the gear away. good luck!!
PM sent

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2023, 08:50 PM »
Well done Joe. Way to get out there and score a nice bow. Sorry you got called in that is a drag I can imagine the frustration.  I am attempting one more trip this sat then I pack it in . Headed to California next Fri. I'll be there in spirit. Post pics. Or send some. Enjoy your hot dogs
Salmonemia

Offline Steve01987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2023, 12:04 PM »
Nice Bow Joe!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2023, 07:30 PM »
I've been offline for too long! AA got booted? Say it isn't so! lol

You guys will have to fill me in. I haven't tangled any line this year. I've been waiting to see him when I do.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2023, 08:21 AM »
I've been offline for too long! AA got booted? Say it isn't so! lol

You guys will have to fill me in. I haven't tangled any line this year. I've been waiting to see him when I do.

Yup... he even "moved" to Michigan....   Even if the thread was still available it wouldn't make any sense since the person that "snitched" had his entire presence wiped from the forum.   AA has done his time and hopefully will be freed soon... but I am sure he's reading and looking forward to untangling some tip up lines.

Enjoy folks,

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2023, 03:00 AM »
We ARE iceshanty. Free the flamingo.
Just add water.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2023, 07:23 AM »
Moved my schedule around to make this one.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2023, 02:00 PM »
It's with great regret , I feel the best thing to do is postpone this until first safe ice next season,  I really  thought the snow would save us, but the south  facing  shore is already open. With no solid cold weather  in sight, I don't want to be responsible  for people driving for hours and we cant fish, hanging  out in  parking lot grilling  and drinking  would surely draw the ire of the local PD and every Karen and Nervous Norman  that sees us..
I promise as soon as conditions  permit next season  I'll get us together for a fun event to kick off the season ..

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2023, 02:42 PM »
 :'(
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2023, 03:08 PM »
[/quotbreaks my heart but it's the right thing to do, by next weekend  we would. Need a 50 foot plank
.you know the area,, its but ugly with.open shore line as of today.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2023, 05:10 PM »
[/quotbreaks my heart but it's the right thing to do, by next weekend  we would. Need a 50 foot plank
.you know the area,, its but ugly with.open shore line as of today.
Yea it does always seem to open up first. I've planked 10' to get on over there but I'm all set these days.
Too bad we didn't have an alternate location

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 19, 2023, 08:01 PM »
Aw, bummer!

I was really looking forward to fishing with you guys.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 20, 2023, 06:01 AM »
Aw, bummer!

I was really looking forward to fishing with you guys.

It is, this winter has been a series of ups a d downs, I'll ring the opening  bell next season  as soon as I know we can safely gather.. I never thought  it would disappear do quickly

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Mar 20, 2023, 06:32 AM »
If uses guys are willing to drive a bit I have a spot where the laker jigging is very good, the access is fun and the drinking and grilling can occur.  However its a ride.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2023, 08:24 AM »
Definitely a bummer but not too surprising.. This last storm put so much water logged snow on the ice... I know not as much fell on lake X but it killed all the ice in my neighborhood...
38" at my place by the time the sun came out Wednesday, had no power for 2 days and pulled every muscle I had cleaning up but still ate well in the dark lol
Poterhouse from a Hereford my buddy raised in cast iron on the wood stove, potatoes get foil wrapped and into the coals near the door.

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 20, 2023, 08:30 AM »
If uses guys are willing to drive a bit I have a spot where the laker jigging is very good, the access is fun and the drinking and grilling can occur.  However its a ride.

Im not ready to buy another states license and drive all day to jig for lakers, that IMHO is a kin to a root canal. nice gesture though..

I've invited the Flamingo to fly south to the flatland to receive his reward, weve both seen how fast the conditions have deteriorated, and we have a week of warmn weater in front of us.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #29 on: Mar 20, 2023, 08:50 AM »
Definitely a bummer but better be safe than sorry was hoping to meet up with you guys.
I was able to get out Saturday to a little mud puddle just to wet some lines, it was sketchy as hell but if i fell in it was only 4ft deep and I haven't shaved in a while so I had that going for me, got 4 slime darts and put back a few double IPA's by the time I left I had to walk through water where I came on. The edge went out 2 feet from the time I was out there. Time to put a fork in her!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.