The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Dog sledding  (Read 1089 times)

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dog sledding
« on: Mar 02, 2023, 04:13 PM »
Ok, it's not fishing, bit haven't been able to get my dog up to camp.  She wanted to go for a run.  Does this count as dog sledding🤔  FYI,  half of those are for her🤣

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Dog sledding
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2023, 08:57 PM »
I'll give the pic a 9 out of 10.
If there was PBRs I would have given a 10.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2023, 05:44 AM »
She looks like a good girl. A good dog is such a great companion. I love taking mine icefishing, like a little kid chasing flags.

Offline MarkNFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2023, 07:13 AM »
Cool photo.

It's been a very long time since I've had a dog, but there was always one problem when I took her ice-fishing.  She was a hound, with the instinct to chase; and she wasn't fussy about what she chased - snowmobiles, ATV's, kids, other dogs, a leaf blowing by.  By day's end I had met everybody else on the lake and she was tied to the Jiffy ;D

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2023, 07:57 AM »
By day's end I had met everybody else on the lake and she was tied to the Jiffy ;D

She was your social director.

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2023, 09:16 AM »
Cool photo.

It's been a very long time since I've had a dog, but there was always one problem when I took her ice-fishing.  She was a hound, with the instinct to chase; and she wasn't fussy about what she chased - snowmobiles, ATV's, kids, other dogs, a leaf blowing by.  By day's end I had met everybody else on the lake and she was tied to the Jiffy ;D

My Dad had a crapzu that was a pain.  Ran to the flag of another group, pissed on it, and tripped the flag.  I went to apologize and he said "One of the greatest things I've ever seen"  Taking mine ice fishing for the first time next weekend.  She's a purebred, but came from a rescue in Alabama......loves the snow

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2023, 11:27 AM »
We're on our 3rd Golden Retriever. Problem with them is their paws get jammed up with snow between their toes. Boots don't stay on.
And if it's wet snow it sticks everywhere. Hiking one time he had at least 10 lbs of ice balls hanging off his butt hairs. lol

Regarding the photo...the wife carries poop bags.
I asked, "You gonna go pick that up?" lol
(you might need to zoom in)

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2023, 04:36 PM »
Try Mushers on their paws before and after.  Really seems to help

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.