Author Topic: Mounting livescope in boat  (Read 787 times)

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
Mounting livescope in boat
« on: Mar 02, 2023, 08:35 AM »
I know this is ice fishing forum but didn’t know where else to ask. Looking at getting a new crestliner fish hawk boat this spring. Got open water on my kind now ice fishing is pretty much done in Iowa. I don’t want the livescope on trolling motor or on transom. Was looking at putting it off the side of console somehow. Arclab had so much on their website and couldn’t find anything there. I have a summit pole for ice fishing so not against going with them either but don’t know what boat mount to get.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Mounting livescope in boat
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2023, 08:39 AM »
Have mounted via summit pole.  Dislike that a lot.  On spot lock you are forced to constantly move the summit pole to keep the jig in view, also need to lift the pole every time you move spots.  Switching to thru hull ducer but they dont give it away.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2023, 09:39 AM »
Have mounted via summit pole.  Dislike that a lot.  On spot lock you are forced to constantly move the summit pole to keep the jig in view, also need to lift the pole every time you move spots.  Switching to thru hull ducer but they dont give it away.

That's a bummer.  I was looking at the summit pole. Is it more of a PIA in down or forward mode?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2023, 10:53 AM »
I purchased a fishing specialties last summer and am very happy with it. I have a Lund on 42 degree slide. This winter I purchased a shuttle system and will be able to move the pole to where I'm fishing in the boat. Last fall it was only mounted to the front of the boat. I have a Summit ice fishing pole and its pretty good but lots of plastic it works as advertised. The ability to collapse the pole is a big plus for moving around.

https://www.fishingspecialties.com/shop/?olsPage=products%2F3d-livescope-bowducer-assembly&gclid=CjwKCAiAr4GgBhBFEiwAgwORrTx7xzs1hjcurD6XHJdh4bV2aiB3zye-YhLqjc0msWmBJ-i_2kVfLBoCF5oQAvD_BwE
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2023, 02:36 PM »
That's a bummer.  I was looking at the summit pole. Is it more of a PIA in down or forward mode?

I jig lakers primarily and am always in down mode.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2023, 02:43 PM »
I jig lakers primarily and am always in down mode.

Gotcha. Looking forward to trying out perspective mode next month at the brook :)

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2023, 04:15 PM »
I know this is ice fishing forum but didn’t know where else to ask. Looking at getting a new crestliner fish hawk boat this spring. Got open water on my kind now ice fishing is pretty much done in Iowa. I don’t want the livescope on trolling motor or on transom. Was looking at putting it off the side of console somehow. Arclab had so much on their website and couldn’t find anything there. I have a summit pole for ice fishing so not against going with them either but don’t know what boat mount to get.
I would suggest you call ArcLab and talk to them, they should be able to tell you exactly what you will need for your boat, they were very helpful to me when I switched over from the Summit I was using.  There is no comparison between those two systems, the Arc is much more robust than Summit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.