New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Piseco lake area perch and pickerel  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Clivepeppers

• IceShanty Rookie
Piseco lake area perch and pickerel
« on: Feb 28, 2023, 10:22 AM »
Hello!

I am bringing out a few new people on the ice this week and want to take them somewhere we can chase flags. I was thinking of either Stoner Lake for some perch and pickerel action wondering if anyone has any information on how the fishing is there? Or if there are any other close by spots that would be good for perch and pickerel- thank you in advance for any information I appreciate it !

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Piseco lake area perch and pickerel
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2023, 03:26 PM »
That would be your best bet in that area. West lake is also good for that type of fishing however there is only one small parking area at the end of that road. I haven't been there in years to say whether that is still available or not. you would have to check on that. good luck

Offline ECobb91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2023, 06:21 PM »
I didn’t even know Stoner had public access I thought all three were private.

Another option would be Oxbow if you want a lot of action. Never had a bad day there

Offline Clivepeppers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2023, 07:37 PM »
I didn’t even know Stoner had public access I thought all three were private.

Another option would be Oxbow if you want a lot of action. Never had a bad day there

Thank you for the information! How do you access Oxbow?

I saw there was a pull off next to the east Stoner lake off of route 10 on the north west edge of the lake I thought that might be an access point.

Offline ECobb91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2023, 09:51 PM »
You can access Oxbow right at the hotel (might have to pay to park im not sure with the new owners). We’ve done good walking directly across to the other shoreline

There’s also a pull off on Oxbow Rd that gets you on the east end of the lake. We seemed to catch more perch on the east side than mid lake where the hotel is. The pickerel are plenty but all tubes, all head and skinny bodies. We’ve caught a few perch over 10” there but most are around 6.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2023, 09:40 AM »
Thank you for the information! How do you access Oxbow?

I saw there was a pull off next to the east Stoner lake off of route 10 on the north west edge of the lake I thought that might be an access point.
That's where I would park. people been using it for years

Offline Clivepeppers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2023, 12:32 PM »
You can access Oxbow right at the hotel (might have to pay to park im not sure with the new owners). We’ve done good walking directly across to the other shoreline

There’s also a pull off on Oxbow Rd that gets you on the east end of the lake. We seemed to catch more perch on the east side than mid lake where the hotel is. The pickerel are plenty but all tubes, all head and skinny bodies. We’ve caught a few perch over 10” there but most are around 6.

Thank you very much for the information! I’ll have to contact the owners of the hotel to see about parking there.

For the east end access are you referring to Park Lake road off of Oxbow Road? It looks like a spur that comes off the road and goes to the lake. Thank you again!

Offline Clivepeppers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2023, 12:32 PM »
That's where I would park. people been using it for years

Thank you very much I appreciate the information! That looks like a good access point.

Offline ECobb91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2023, 01:41 PM »
Thank you very much for the information! I’ll have to contact the owners of the hotel to see about parking there.

For the east end access are you referring to Park Lake road off of Oxbow Road? It looks like a spur that comes off the road and goes to the lake. Thank you again!

Yessir, the park lake road isn’t really a road, more like an unpaved field access to the lake but it’s state/town owned so it’s public access

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.