Author Topic: 1st Gen Clamplate to SM Lite Flite auger connection issue  (Read 1244 times)

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
I bought a 8 inch Strikemaster Lite Flite auger. (Well actually 2, but that's another story for another time) but I cannot find any way to connect drill plate to auger. I purchased a k-drill adapter after seeing someone's post on IS, but it didn't work. I had an old adapter handle for electric drill conversion but that doesn't line up holes either. The only thing I found that would work is a product by Deepfreeze called Auger EZ Auger Connection, but that another $80.  I could probably fab something myself, but my doctor told me that I have a condition called "Laziness" and fabricating something cuts into my fishing time. Are Gen 1 and Gen 2 Clamplate outdrive shafts different? Longer? Different hole placement? What am zit missing here?

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 1st Gen Clamplate to SM Lite Flite auger connection issue
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2023, 05:04 PM »
I'm not sure how the clam plate connects, but SM makes an adapter plate for the lite-flite to drill for like $30. Maybe that connects to the clam plate too?
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2023, 08:55 PM »
I added the Lite Flite to my plate this year...love it!  This is the part I ordered from Tackle Shack (sponsor) when I ordered the auger and it fits damn near perfect.  Hope you can find a solution. Its a nice rig to be sure.

https://www.shoptackleshack.com/clam-auger-adapter-k-drill-strikemaster.html

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2023, 06:43 AM »
I bought a 8 inch Strikemaster Lite Flite auger. (Well actually 2, but that's another story for another time) but I cannot find any way to connect drill plate to auger. I purchased a k-drill adapter after seeing someone's post on IS, but it didn't work. I had an old adapter handle for electric drill conversion but that doesn't line up holes either. The only thing I found that would work is a product by Deepfreeze called Auger EZ Auger Connection, but that another $80.  I could probably fab something myself, but my doctor told me that I have a condition called "Laziness" and fabricating something cuts into my fishing time. Are Gen 1 and Gen 2 Clamplate outdrive shafts different? Longer? Different hole placement? What am zit missing here?

This may be the adapters you need for proper sizing 18mm to 22mm ( Clam Plate out put to SM input ) . I do think the gen one plate has a short out put and/or hole placement is different . There are two adapters and the hole placements differ in distance drilled from the end and the depth.

This the a photo I took of the dimensions of the 2nd Clam Plate adapter that Clam produced.

NOTE this adapter below is the first one to come out from K-Drill at/around the time of the gen one plate .. so this one may be your best bet notice the hole placement closer to the edge as opposed to the other/pictured adapter above.

https://kdrillauger.com/adapter-for-clam-drill-plate.html

This may be the best place to purchase ...shipping fee apply ...but you may be able to return it to Walmart if it dosent work out ...but better check with Walmart first as it is from a 3rd party/marketplace seller.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/837672263

PM sent

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2023, 04:19 PM »
Thank you all for info. I will check them out.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2023, 05:01 PM »
Thank you all for info. I will check them out.

jerryfishing

What adapter did you buy/use that did not work ? Picture ?

I am still digging out from the storm ..I can check tomorrow as to which adapter fits my Gen 1 plate and the SM Lite Flight.

Got this Picture off the web ..looks to be the answer you are looking for your situation

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2023, 08:19 PM »
I bought the Clam K-drill adapter that someone said should work, but it did not. I think the adapter from ebay in post above might just do the trick. Thanks guys!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2023, 06:48 AM »
jerryfishing

I looked at the link for the "Ebay" adapter ...it does not say Gen 1 adaptable ...40 bucks to boot .

This one pictured is on a Gen 1 plate and a K-Drill  ..which has 22mm input same as the SM Lite Flight..I have this adapter and it does fit the SM LF. This one is returnable to your local Walmart..looks like free shipping if you meet walmarts $35 threshold .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/K-Drill-Ice-Auger-Adapter-For-Clam-Auger-Drill-Conversion-Plate/837672263

spacebar and backspace not working

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2023, 12:58 AM »
That adapter looks perfect and its cheaper than the one on ebay.
Thank you Hardwater Diehard! You always share great info. Its greatly appreciated!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2023, 05:34 AM »
That adapter looks perfect and its cheaper than the one on ebay.
Thank you Hardwater Diehard! You always share great info. Its greatly appreciated!

When I bought mine last season I went through Walmart via Acme Tools . I see the link I posted is from a different 3rd party seller ...but there are other sellers available in that link ...Acme I believe is one of them they ship fast. There may be cheaper places to purchase but I could not locate them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.