The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Missisquoi  (Read 2717 times)

Offline jthurs

• IceShanty Rookie
Missisquoi
« on: Feb 16, 2023, 07:16 PM »
Can anyone give me recent missisquoi conditions for walk on fishing? I am planning to be there for the weekend and am hoping there is some safe ice to be had. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Tacoma Marty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy
Re: Missisquoi
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2023, 07:55 AM »
I fished just off the Sandy Point access yesterday for a few hours; only caught 3 small pike but there was 10"-12" of white ice.  Went to Tabor Point in the afternoon and caught a bunch of dinker perch.  8" of ice (about 6" of it black) in 15 FOW.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2023, 07:18 AM »
Going to check out the bay in a few.  Lovely passport office here in Alberg.  Life saver and I get to fish.

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2023, 07:32 AM »
Going to check out the bay in a few.  Lovely passport office here in Alberg.  Life saver and I get to fish.

Alburg , sure is a dead beat town. LOL!
My parents live on the lake there . I haven’t fished in front of the pump house in years. The canadians fish out in front of their house for pan fish.
Good luck John!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2023, 10:13 AM »
Thanks Wayne.  Got the passport and a few perch and a pike.  Worse ice ive ever seen up there for this time of year.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2023, 10:14 AM »
Thanks Wayne.  Got the passport and a few perch and a pike.  Worse ice ive ever seen up there for this time of year.
Just got back from up there. Fished out front of Lake View Lodge and Dillenbeck. Ok ice at both places we were able to get the ATVs on. Did'nt gpo to the access at the 78 Bridge as the news showed a lot of open water there. Did'nt want to drive up to the point with the ATVs on that.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2023, 11:00 AM »
How'd you make out?  I fished south of 78 and the ice was junk.  The perch were biting but the pike were not (usually dont do as well there but had limited time)

Offline Tacoma Marty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2023, 06:18 PM »
I hit up Dillenbeck and Tabor Point today. Plenty of ice but no action other than a few small perch.

Fished off the 78 access 3 times in the past week and it’s been very slow. Big crowds on the weekend but pretty quiet during the week.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2023, 07:10 AM »
I hit up Dillenbeck and Tabor Point today. Plenty of ice but no action other than a few small perch.

Fished off the 78 access 3 times in the past week and it’s been very slow. Big crowds on the weekend but pretty quiet during the week.

Can you get on at the ramp and go north with an ATV? News showed what looked like a lot of open water there so we didn't go to that access.
Dillenbeck was slow for pike but all the dink perch you could catch.

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2023, 07:13 AM »
How'd you make out?  I fished south of 78 and the ice was junk.  The perch were biting but the pike were not (usually dont do as well there but had limited time)

Dillenbeck was very slow for Pike. Out front of Lake View we did better. Ice and weather certainly dictated where we fished this year. Would like to go back up again before its over if I get the chance.

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline Tacoma Marty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2023, 10:28 AM »
Can you get on at the ramp and go north with an ATV? News showed what looked like a lot of open water there so we didn't go to that access.
Dillenbeck was slow for pike but all the dink perch you could catch.

At the 78 access you can get on at the ramp.  There were a couple of ATVs that headed north but I didn't see how far up they were going.  The open water was all at the bridge and didn't extend too far north.  That being said, I would stay well clear of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.