Author Topic: Enough for a meal  (Read 1797 times)

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Enough for a meal
« on: Feb 05, 2023, 05:15 PM »
 I thought I was done for the season but had some free time after work Saturday.  Hit a spot that I had overlooked in the past. Nothing big, but enough for a meal. Got the oil heating now. Ice was going fast when I left.

Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
Re: Enough for a meal
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2023, 05:57 PM »
i fished in the am today ,main lake, and a slow bite, ice seemed good, then back about 3. Big difference!!  fished till about 4 and got the heck outta there. had one 50x50 area, mid lake that was free floating. step on it and you could watch it start sinking!! went to a lake more protected from the wind and still had good ice and a good bite.  we did the same as you and brought some for dinner too!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2023, 08:17 PM »
Nice day there  :thumbsup:

I went a few hours Saturday morning... ice was good early but getting real soft by the time we quit midday. Couldn't buy a bite; the fish were there, just dead negative. I ended up catching one gill.

Offline JDH46151

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2023, 12:22 PM »
I thought about going north on Saturday to find some ice but decided to wait until Sunday and head an hour south to a private pond and take a boat out.  The boat was a small plastic jon boat and man did the wind ever blow it around.  But I managed 17 crappie and a dozen bluegill in a few hours.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.