The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Pistol bit on strikemaster 24v  (Read 2496 times)

Offline joesp

• IceShanty Rookie
Pistol bit on strikemaster 24v
« on: Oct 23, 2022, 05:22 PM »
Has anyone tried putting a pistol bit on strikemaster ice auger. I see eskimo has a adapter now to put pistol bit on their brand of power auger. Wonder if it is same dimension as strikemaster.

Reason for asking is I can get a deal on pistol bit with centering bit and was looking at upgrading my 24v to 8" bit.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Pistol bit on strikemaster 24v
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2022, 09:18 AM »
The Eskimo adaper should work ...I believe its a 22mm reduced to 18mm
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2022, 06:59 AM »
It would be like attaching an Ion bit to a Strikemaster powerhead. I don't think the adapter will accomplish that.

The adapter I am refering to adapts from a Eskimo power head to the Pistol Bit .. I am assumiing that the Eskimo power head is a "stanadrd" 22mm ..but I admit I am not familar with Eskimo power heads.

https://geteskimo.com/products/pistol-bit-adapter
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline joesp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2022, 01:08 PM »
Thanks for info. I have that adapter on the way in the mail from Amazon to try. If it does work then will post and update.

Offline joesp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2022, 05:24 PM »
Adapter came in a fits perfectly. Even has 2 sets of bolt hoses one for eskimo powerhead and one size smaller that is a fit for strikemaster augers. So now will get my 8" pistol bit.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2022, 11:14 AM »
Adapter came in a fits perfectly. Even has 2 sets of bolt hoses one for eskimo powerhead and one size smaller that is a fit for strikemaster augers. So now will get my 8" pistol bit.

Thanks for the confirmation and update.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2022, 07:16 AM »
Most power heads(gas/propane) have 22mm outputs ..StrikeMaster electric powerheads also have a 22mm output. The Clam Plate has a 18mm out put . The Clam Plate to K-Drill adapter goes onto the plate 18mm and then to 22mm which will accomadate the K-drill auger units and the Strikemaster Lite flight auger units. Most hand and composite auger drill units have a 18mm input . I may be wrong but I believe the first generation of ION auger had a 22mm output shaft ...but now have a 18mm output shaft.

Offline joesp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2022, 10:45 AM »
Yeah found same shaft dimension but smaller bolt dimension. The adapter eskimo makes for fitting on powered had 2 bolt sizes which was nice. Only reason I am looking at this is I can get a good deal on a 8" pistol bit with centering point and the pistol bit has the Mora blades that are easier to sharpen yourself than the laser curved blades.

Offline joesp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2022, 06:29 AM »
Here are photos of everything put together. Fits together nicely. Now just need to wait for ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.