Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219190 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3780 on: Dec 10, 2023, 05:22 PM »
Today’s puttering

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3781 on: Dec 10, 2023, 05:30 PM »
Part 2 of that video. :)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3782 on: Dec 10, 2023, 06:29 PM »
Report from the lake, only about 5 to 6 inches of ice but clear hard ice. Had one flag and missed that fish and missed one jigging as well. Has been a fun first time out just me and the boy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3783 on: Dec 10, 2023, 09:01 PM »
 Good evening , reached the middle fifties for a high today rain has been falling since this afternoon need to check on totals received so far. Relaxation day for me things quite here at my condo complex.
Ice Wanderer may you not have a lot of snow on the ground. Thank you for the reply to my personal message for your knowledge you need to go through your messages and delete some as your In-Box is currently full . May whatever teams you were supporting today have won their football games.
Wallyworld looks like a productive day in your kitchen thank you for sharing the photos. May you also not be dealing with several inches of snow fall on the ground . I agree there are some talented people who create amazing decorated cakes and other baked goods .
Hunts2long I forgot your wife's transplanted lung was donated by the family of a West point cadet. Took a brief look at one story one this year's Army-navy game see it was close contest with navy having a chance to win late in the game. may it have been a better night for you and your teammates this week at the bowling alley.
Drifter thank you for the link to part two of the video will have to watch it when i have the time.
Fish/hunt4everglad you and your son were able to have some fun ice fishing earlier today. Good to read all went well with the plow blade installation and the wife/M-I-l had good sales at the expo .

A good week wished for everyone. best to all fishing and hunting.
   steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3784 on: Dec 11, 2023, 04:31 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 29* and snowing here on my hill, with about 4" on the deck. ::)
                          Dave...........Thanks for the video. :thumbsup:
                          Wally...........I like the looks of your puttering. :clap:
                          Fish............The plow looks good on the SxS. :flex: Sorry the fishing wasn't that good. :blink:
                          Steve..........I'll go through and delete my inbox messages. :whistle:
                          H2l.............Hopefu lly the snow blower runs good today. :thumbsup: I hope your team did well last night. :unsure:
                          I dog sat for my neighbors from Saturday until last night. They went to a Christmas party Saturday night then to the Jet game yesterday. The dog
               and the weather cat don't see eye to eye. So I had to ply musical rooms.
                          Today I'm supposed to go to the cabin and hang the two remaining doors. but first some snow blowing.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3785 on: Dec 11, 2023, 05:16 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Wet snow falling and 32*, looks like about 3” so far, high of 37. Another 1-3” possible before the temperatures rise today.

Jeff…just getting ready to head out for the first hit myself. Hope the door project goes well today!   :thumbsup:

Will try to catch up a little on…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3786 on: Dec 11, 2023, 05:44 AM »
Morning all,

IW/Eddie......easy does it on the snow removal  :flex:

H2L....hope the snow blower runs well if you HAVE to use it today  ;)

WS.....seeing reports of some ice on Upper Red Lake, maybe worth a little drive  ???

FH4.....at least you and your son got on the ice, catching is the "icing" on the cake  :icefish:

Looks like maybe an inch of slop on the ground here this morning  ::)  no shoveling or plowing needed, temps in the 40s tomorrow  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3787 on: Dec 11, 2023, 06:59 AM »
32* and about 3 inches of slush. Snowblower fired right up, only did the end of the driveway.

Drifter, thanks for the video, the guy doesn't leave anything at home, nice set-up.

I bowled pretty good last night, we took 3 of 4 from the 1st place team.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #3788 on: Dec 11, 2023, 07:07 AM »
Rain finally turned to snow here in SENY.  Temp is just at freezing.   I hope we have a decent ice season this year. 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3789 on: Dec 11, 2023, 12:27 PM »
Brother’s coming for supper tonight apple cider donut cake for dessert

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3790 on: Dec 11, 2023, 03:01 PM »
That cake looks delicious.

Well made the trip over to casper for the daughter's wisdom teeth extraction and now waiting for the pharmacy to open again. But good 4 hour trip for 20 minute procedure.

Offline Drillcatchrepeat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3791 on: Dec 11, 2023, 08:12 PM »
Surely there has to be more ice than this thread leads me to believe

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3792 on: Dec 11, 2023, 09:31 PM »
 Good evening ,currently in the mid-thirties outside . I only received rain from this last storm to pass through the north Eastern U.S. .Prayers for those effected by the tornados in Tennessee. I found a couple of product recalls will put the information at end of this post.
Drifter thank you again for posting the link to part 2 of the video.
Ice Wanderer thank you for cleaning out your personal message In-Box. May it have been a problems free day with the doors. nice of you to dog sit for your neighbors.
Eddie hopefully there were not many rounds of snow blowing for you today.
Wallyworld good looking cake I'm sure it was enjoyed by all at tonight's dinner. Good to read you can let the snow you received melt and not have to bring out the tractor with snowblower attachment.
hunts2long good to hear you and your teammates had good night at the bowling alley. Glad your snow blower is running fine after the gas change and sea Foam treatment. Your daughter Amber has to get to work many town/village and private snow plowing company's depending on her for their coffee breaks and breakfast. Got to have that coffee and a donut .
KB welcome to the thread guessing you live in a higher elevation area of Dutchess county if you had some snow from this storm . IT stayed rain here in New Windsor/Orange county. A good Holiday and ice fishing season wished for you.
Fish/hunt4ever soor you had to drive to Casper for your daughter's dental work. Glad you had good weather for the trip.
Whooper Stopper there was an article on tipping in my local newspaper today and how many businesses where you can pay with credit card include tip in pricing or have the option to leave a tip.
Drillcathrepeat welcome to the 9:45 thread. Many of the regular poster to this thread are still waiting for ice formation so little talk about that in our posts currently. If you have enjoyed what has been posted lately feel free to become a frequent poster to this thread.

Info. on the product recalls

LED mini-lights sold as Everyday,Christmas and Halloween packages from DM Merchandising potential burn and fire hazard if light strand are plugged directly into an electric outlet . Lights can also be powered by plugging strand into a battery box or USB port .
If you have any of the following lights contact DM Merchandising 800-548-6784    Email- [email protected]

recalled lights   Everyday( sku:BHSTL24 ) Christmas (sku:XSTL24) Halloween (sku:HSTL24)

The following beverages found in these three Southern states so if you have friends or family in one of these places pass this info. om to them
 Diet Coke 12oz. can sold as a 12 pack Lot no. JAN2924MBD3  ,UPC 4900002891  best by  1/29/24
  Fanta Orange 12 oz.can sold as 12 pack Lot no. JUL2924MBD3 , UPC 49000030730  best buy 7/29/24
 Sprite 12oz. can sold as 12 pack lot no.JUL2924MBD3 , Upc $9000028928 best buy 7/29/24

If you have any of these cans return to place of purchase for a refund.

Take care stay safe and healthy. best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3793 on: Dec 12, 2023, 05:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 28*, high of 40 here today. We ended up with 6-7” of the heavy wet snow here yesterday…the kind that likes to plugs up the snowblowers. What a PITA….

Steve…I ended up hitting the driveway twice but probably could have gotten away with it once after the temperature started rising. Thanks for sharing the recalls… :thumbsup:
  FH4…awesome pictures of your first ice trip, glad you enjoyed the first trip out with your son! Better luck with the catching next time out… :clap:
  Wally…some fine looking treats, I’m sure that apple cider doughnut cake was a big hit!!  :bow:  Any good news from the deer camp? 
  KB/Drillcatchrepeat…welcome to the 9:45! 
  H2…congrats to the team taking most of the points Sunday night, nice!  :clap:  Glad your snowblower fired right up for you, how much snow up your way? 
  Jeff…will be looking forward to your report, hope the snow removal and cabin work went well yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…have you been out scouting ice??  :tipup:
  Dave…thanks for sharing Part 2, I watched that on the big screen TV… :clap: 

One of my granddaughters spent the night with us Sunday and we were going to take her to school yesterday.  Started off with a 2 hour delay until someone was smart enough to cancel it for the day. Of course by that time, my IPad had a new user and a mostly drained battery…it’s all good.   ;D
  Not seeing much for ice making weather in the 10 day forecast here, hopefully that will change soon…Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3794 on: Dec 12, 2023, 05:27 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 21* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            Drill..........If you got to the state you want to fish and you will see a thread that says Ice conditions and reports. in that thread there
                  you can look for the particular lake and the report should be posted. :whistle:
                            Wally........Nice looking Apple cider donut cake.  :thumbsup: My mouth is watering. ;D
                            H2l..........Congratul ations on tasking the points from the first place team. :clap: I'm glad your snow blower started right up. :thumbsup:
                  That unleaded ethanol gas sucks for carbureted engines. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                            Eddie........Hopefully the snow removal went well for you. :thumbsup:
                            KB............Welcome to the morning addiction thread. :clap:
                            Fish..........That's crazy you had to go that far to get a tooth extracted. :%$#!: My father would have done it with a pair of pliers. :roflmao:
                            We had to cut 3/8 of an inch off the sliding doors with the new hardware, so he put a coat of urethane on the bottom and will install them
                  either this afternoon or tomorrow. The bifold doors are going to need more frame work.
                            I have therapy this morning and he has an appointment to see about getting Stem Cell injections in his hip.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3795 on: Dec 12, 2023, 06:56 AM »
Good morning, everyone :bow:

23 degrees with a 20mph wind giving off a slight wind chill of 10. A couple cooler days, then we spring back into the 40's with another 50 in the guess-cast.

WW...Any cake left ??? No trips to Red Lake Lol  The outfitters seem to close their accesses about every other day due to cracks and ridges, they are allowing the masses of people out on a day-by-day basis.

IW...My Dad did the same with his pliers. He had pulled all his by the time he was 80.

Eddie...No ice checking lately, I have been spending my time cutting some wood up.

Not a lot going on with this weather. As I told Eddie I have been working on some wood. When I was hunting, a guy I used to work with, convinced my old boss to let him drop some wood at my house. I know there is at least 10-12 cords of white ash that he dumped. Anyway, he also burns wood but he lives 45 miles north of me so the old boss wouldn't let him haul a load home. I figured the least I could do was cut and split him a couple cord for his effort in getting me the wood.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3796 on: Dec 12, 2023, 07:11 AM »
28* some clouds and a breeze.

Eddie, we only got about 3", only made a couple passes out to road, the rest has gone. Sun and the wind took care of it. The rivers are running pretty good.

WW, cake looks very good, but you will need a "big" coffee cup.

The wife has been cleaning some of the cupboards out. Getting rid of a lot of her baking pans that she "has" way too many of. I don't say anything because she always comes back with "why do you have so many fishing poles, etc.".

The Giants looked pretty good last night.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3797 on: Dec 12, 2023, 07:54 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....guess you were in the bullseye of the snow  :pinch:

IW.....hope therapy goes well today  :)

H2L.....I know how MrsH2 feels, my cupboards are overflowing with "stuff"  ::)

WS.....nope no cake here, all leftovers went to my brother's house  ;) 

A couple appointments today, not much else  @)

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #3798 on: Dec 12, 2023, 08:02 AM »
Brother’s coming for supper tonight apple cider donut cake for dessert

Umm apple cider donut frosted cake. I mean are your serious? Might as well have pron on!
Those lakers remind me of steelies through the ice@
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3799 on: Dec 12, 2023, 09:26 AM »
Quick Howdy from Missouri some what of an unpleasant drive, but for now need to find my pillow. Will update when the dust settles, and I find out what gives with the pickup

WW to much cake, too much

Take care all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3800 on: Dec 12, 2023, 12:27 PM »
Had to go over for the extraction as the wisdom teeth were impacted and needed to he cut out. So they figured having her out was better than just numbing, or giving her the gas, and trying to get them out. Sounds like she is doing good today but a little sore. The pain meds are her friend right now. Well back at work today with a shut down and all. All fun coming back to work.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3801 on: Dec 12, 2023, 04:44 PM »
Good evening, made an appointment to have the not running very well pickup for Thursday so may know the outcome Friday. So for now it’s back to deer watching and wood splitting
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3802 on: Dec 12, 2023, 09:48 PM »
 Good evening temperature currently at 32 outside still wet area on the pavement i mentioned yesterday so possible ice patch during overnight and in the early morning hours.
Edd good to read that you did not have to perform to many rounds of snow blowing. Guess you still loose use of your I-pad whenever some of your grandchildren are visiting .
Ice Wanderer may it have been a good therapy session today. Hopefully you are now more knowledgeable on what the stem cell injection is supposed to do with regards to your hip issue .
Whopper Stopper nice way to pay your former coworker back for delivering the wood to your house.
Hunts2long does Lindsay need any baking pans and can some be boxed up and put into storage for Amber to use whenever she might move out of your home. IF there is any type of thrift store near you might be a place for your wife to dispose of some of her baking pan collection.
Wallyworld nice of you to send the remaining cake home with your brother.  Depending on what your D-I-L has in terms of baking pans some of your extra's could be passed onto your grandchildren for future usage.
Buckski welcome to the 9:45 thread.
IFF sorry to hear you had problems with your pick-up driving to Missouri. Once they inspect the truck on Thursday may it be a quick and cheap repair to correct the problem.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for explaining why you had to travel to Casper for your daughter's dental work. may everything heal properly and she have no problems from the surgery . Also may your plant get back on-line quickly .

Best to all fishing and hunting.
   Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3803 on: Dec 13, 2023, 03:01 AM »
Good morning, everyone :bow:

24 degrees may see 40 by the afternoon.

h2l...I entertain the same conundrums here regarding keeping my opinions on some of my wife's overruns self- contained. It seems whenever I make a suggestion for her to downsize something, I in return get her suggestions on what I may want to concentrate my efforts on. You are right, best to not say nothing ;D

WW...What's next on your baking list? I found out my sister baked me a bunch of spritz cookies for Christmas. She only bakes me the "Tree" shaped ones, as they are my favorite ;D

I just came in from puttering in the garage. Among other things, I had 6 saw chains that still had a sharpening or two left in them. I figured I may as well finish them off on the wood I am cutting so I can finally throw them away. I have a couple hours of splitting left to fill my trailer then I am going to haul a load north to my old co-worker's house.

This afternoon two of my Nieces are going to my sisters for a visit. After I dump wood, my wife and I will stop over there and get in a visit with them also. We haven't seen them for a few months so it will be a good time. My sister has a couple things on a list for me to do, so I can take care of that while there also.

Hope everyone has a good "Hump Day" :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3804 on: Dec 13, 2023, 05:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D     Mostly cloudy and 30*, high of 35 today.

Marv….good morning, that’s a fine thing you’re doing in return for your old coworker! Safe travels today and a wonderful visit with the family members.   :clap: :bow:
  Jeff…hope your therapy session went well yesterday and the sliding doors worked out for you!   Good luck with todays adventure!  :thumbsup:
  H2…I try not to cross the line concerning my wife’s possessions either, been there and done that before, not good!  ;D
  Wally…the fresh snow looks nice, sure wish I could have taken advantage of it deer hunting….maybe next season!  Is the bakery going to be firing up the oven today?  :thumbsup:
  Bud…best wishes with the truck, glad you made it to your destination ok.   :thumbsup: 

Not too much on the planner here today yet, might blow the dust off some of the ice gear. Batteries could use another topping off…Cawfee’s on….

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3805 on: Dec 13, 2023, 06:02 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                            It's 25* and cloudy. ::)
                            Marv............That's a good way to go giving your ex coworker a couple of cords. :thumbsup: Have a safe trip north and to your sister's house. :flex:
                            Steve...........It's not my hip, it's my friend that I'm helping at his cabin. :whistle: His appointment didn't go so well, the receptionist told him when
               he called for an appointment that most insurance companies cover the procedure, when he got there he had to pay $95 up front. when all said and done they
               don't take insurance. :%$#!: And the procedure cost $4000 for the first injection. And it's not guaranteed to work. :blink:
                            Wally............Thera py went well yesterday, but I'm still not where I want to be. :whistle:
                            H2l...............You're a smart man not saying a word. :thumbsup:
                            Eddie............I hope you have your I-pad back and it's charged up. :flex:
                            Bud..............What's going on with your truck? ???
                            Buck.............Welco me to the morning addiction. :thumbsup:
                            Back to hanging doors today. we should get the finished.
                            I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3806 on: Dec 13, 2023, 06:30 AM »
32* and a few clouds.

Mr. C, Lindsay is of the "new" generation, she wants everything NEW. Amber on the other hand will never leave home so she is all set.

WW, many years ago the wife did "home" baking for couple local businesses so had "way" too many pans. Three boxes of stuff were taken to Salvation Army yesterday.

F/H4, good to hear that the daughter is doing better.

IFF, good luck with the pick-up.

Eddie, not even any shore ice yet which is not normal for this time of year.

Have a good day and be well...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3807 on: Dec 13, 2023, 08:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 31* here but supposed to be in the 40s. Me and Mr Dickens have been looking at ponds for ice. My wife is home today. Not much on the planner today.

Ice Wanderer, Thats to bad your friend has to pay all that money. Hopefully it works. Do you have many doors to hang?

Hunts2long, Hopefully you get ice soon.

IFF, Hopefully the fix on the truck is an easy fix.

MasonEddie, Hopefully you get to take out your ice fishing equipment soon.

Whopper Stopper, That is very nice of you to deliver wood to your old co worker. Have a good time visiting with your nieces and sister.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3808 on: Dec 13, 2023, 09:50 AM »
Morning all,

WS......kudos for all the work involved in giving the wood a new home  :bow: :bow:  safe travels and enjoy your visit  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....did your boys have any luck  ???  might venture into the kitchen in a bit  :whistle:

IW.....glad the therapy is going well, be patient, rehab takes time  ;)2

H2L.....when I have things to donate I look to the Veteran's Outreach program, there are blue collection boxes around for donations   ;)

IFF.....fingers crossed the truck is fixable w/o breaking the bank  :unsure:

FH4......hope your daughter is feeling better  :)

MrC.....my granddaughters are part of the same generation as Lindsay, NEW NEW NEW  ::)

IF45.....good luck trying to find ice, probably better off looking in the freezer  :woot:

Weatherman has sounded the alarm again, storm was supposed to start at 1:00 this morning, so far nothing more than a few flakes now and then  ::)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3809 on: Dec 13, 2023, 04:16 PM »
About an inch of snow

Some puttering results
Peanut Butter balls

Chocolate chip cookie dough balls

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.