Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219321 times)

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3360 on: Oct 16, 2023, 08:12 PM »
Some more amazing skies today

125 miles on the bike this afternoon, not much in the way of color left in the trees.

You rode that far in the afternoon ? I must be out of shape  :-\  That would take me all day Lance .  ;)
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3361 on: Oct 16, 2023, 08:39 PM »
Warrior….that would be on a motorcycle lol

Catch and release today, 2 legal eyes 1 short, 4 crappie, 3 small mouth, 1 northern pike.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3362 on: Oct 16, 2023, 09:15 PM »
 Good evening, in the low fifties outside currently forecast to get down to the mid-forties overnight. There is a vote scheduled for tomorrow so shall see if we get a new Speaker of the House or another round of voting. Also of concern around 2 thousand U.S. service members told to get ready for deployment to countries around Israel as it looks more likely that a ground movement will be launched against Hamas. Hopefully we can keep our service personal out of the war. Good chance we already have some advisors working with the Israeli military.

Ice Wanderer politics in my humble opinion has evolved into a "Strategy game" each side tries to out maneuver the other i believe there will be another stop-gap budget passed in November before shut down deadline provided some items the republican party wants are included in the bill. If it is not passed and they can then blame democrats for any shut down .
Whopper Stopper best to you and your brother with the deer hunting. Good to hear your long time customer will let you space out the tree work .
Hunts2long congratulations to your bowling team and you on a good night.  I agree with ice Wanderer about seeing a nice buck by the road on way to and from hunting many times after a slow day of fishing I've watched the fish get active just as I 'm packing up for the day.
IFF may your daughter and grandson's arrive safely tomorrow.
 Wallyworld congratulations on keeping your fish catching streak going.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations to your daughter on her elk and also to your dad.  Nice of you to help others with the meat from hunts beyond what your family will consume in a year. Also nice of you to help the other hunters.
Warrior-On-Ice welcome to the thread.

May everyone have a good night. Best to all fishing and hunting.
    Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3363 on: Oct 17, 2023, 03:39 AM »
Morning all,

Back to the bigger lake (Oneida) this morning. Yesterday was the smaller lake (Delta) due to the wind forecast.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3364 on: Oct 17, 2023, 04:35 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                       It's 40* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                       Wally...........Good luck out on the water today. :thumbsup:
                       H2l..............Congr atulations to your team for taking all four  points. :clap: :flex:
                       Fish.............That's really nice of you to offer meat to other families. :bow:
                       Marv............I wish you and your brother good luck this week. :thumbsup: I  hope you carry a gun with you when clearing trails. You never know. :whistle:
                       Bud.............It's never too early to winterize. :blink:
                       Steve..........I agree that politics has sure taken a turn, just look at the congressman from Pennsylvania the way he dresses, shorts and a hoodie. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                       Yesterday afternoon the weather cleared so I went out and mowed my leaves since my neighbor is away in Switzerland. Then my neighbor/boss stopped
               on his way home from work and blew the leaves from my driveway.
                       I  have therapy today at 11:20.
                       I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3365 on: Oct 17, 2023, 07:48 AM »
41* this morning. Had blood work done this morning.

WW, good luck fishing today.

F/h4, good going on the elk. A GREAT owl picture.

Took a ride up to where I hunt just before dark. Saw MY buck right next to the road about 100 yds from where I park. A very nice 8 pt. He must be hanging in the area, he was with 2 does and fawn.

My brother said the ticks are real bad so stopped at Runnings and picked up a can of Sawyer's.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3366 on: Oct 17, 2023, 11:59 AM »
H2L that sawyers good for fleas also ???

Just hanging out waiting for family to arrive some time between 2 and 4 is my guess as they are having lunch with son-in-laws family near Nashville at 11:00

This will be their first visit to the farm, see some face book pictures daughter posted, grandsons sure are growing up fast 😱.

WW still out fishing today???
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3367 on: Oct 17, 2023, 03:41 PM »
WW still out fishing today???

plus 20 short ones  :wacko:  took a friend that wanted to learn how to use inline planer boards, he did good  :whistle: :flex: :thumbsup:  he now has some fish in his freezer too   :clap:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3368 on: Oct 17, 2023, 09:12 PM »
 good evening, high in the lower sixties today. Rain in fore cast for part of Friday and this Saturday. In news from my area the spent fuel rods at now closed Indian Point Nuclear plant have been moved to dry storage casks. This was requested by Ny. State government supposedly safer storage method. I do not remember how long it will take for the plant to be fully closed. Also have to see how they handle the water in storage ponds.

Ice Wanderer I have heard about the Pennsylvania congressman's issue with the expected suit and tie clothing on Capital Hill. May your neighbor have a great trip to Switzerland. Nice of your neighbor/boss to clear leaves from your driveway. may today's therapy session have gone well for you.
Hunts2long may the blood work find you with no problems. Hopefully that buck is still around when you get out to hunt.
IFF may the visit with "Colorado family" have been a good time for all of you.
Wallyworld congratulations to your friend and the two of you.  great outing at Oneida Lake .
Eddie may all be good with you. How is the deer hunting going for your son's this season .

I see President Biden's plans to meet with a few Arab country leaders in Jordan has been canceled. May he get to and from Israel safely for tomorrow's visit with the prime minister.

Stay safe and keep healthy .     Best to all hunting and fishing .
    Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3369 on: Oct 18, 2023, 04:04 AM »
Morning all,

Back at it this morning, taking my brother along today  ;)

Surises have been beautiful

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3370 on: Oct 18, 2023, 04:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 41* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                        Wally.........Wow! you and Mr. WW sure have the fish dialed in no matter where you fish. :flex: :bow:
                        H2l............Seeing that buck must be a sign for you to get out and hunt. :whistle:
                        Bud...........I  thought you had Jake de-flead in Wisconsin? ??? If he still has them, you should get some bug bombs and do you home, also
               get something for your truck. :blink:
                        Steve........My therapist put me through the ringer yesterday, I really felt it last night. :whistle: I heard that our governor was also going to
               Israel with the president. :o What is she bucking for? ??? :blink:
                        Eddie........I hope all is well with you and you are gaining ground everyday. :flex:
                        Marv.........I hope all is well at "The Shack". ???
                        Not much going on today, just doing my at home therapy exercises.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3371 on: Oct 18, 2023, 04:46 AM »
45* and dark.

WW, it is going to be hard to put the boat away this year. Congrats!!

IW, I am heading out in a little while. Going to try to get a couple morning sits in this week. I think the afternoon hunts are too warm, we will see.

The Overhead Door guy is coming Thursday morning to take care of the issue. Went and got a FLU shot and my booster yesterday. My arms are a little sore this morning.

Have a good day and be well...h2l

Eddie, you are in my thoughts!
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3372 on: Oct 18, 2023, 03:39 PM »
Another great day on the water

3 1/2 hours, truly amazing!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3373 on: Oct 18, 2023, 04:53 PM »
Congats!!! You guys are on a roll!!! :woot: :woot: :clap: :flex: ;)2 ;)2 :bow: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3374 on: Oct 18, 2023, 07:21 PM »
Nice catches team WW.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3375 on: Oct 18, 2023, 08:34 PM »
 Good evening, if the weather guessers are correct looking like another weekend which will have wet weather for me as a storm system moving across the country will reach and then move up the East coast forming a new storm system. Once again looks like Maine and parts of Canadian Maritimes will see majority of the rain fall/possible snow in places . Locally a large outlet mall/shopping location in the southern part of my county has filed with the town of Monroe-Woodbury to expanded the proposal if approved would create a 155 thousand square feet of combined retail and restaurant space plus a 200 room hotel and a second parking deck. Currently this complex has 250 businesses between restaurants and retail. It is located by the intersection of three states roads one being the NYS thruway so is popular with residents of and tourists visiting NYC. In the past five or so years changes have been made to the junction of State routes 32 and 17 to help improve traffic flow in this area.

Ice Wanderer may any soreness from yesterday's therapy session be over for you. To use one word for why Governor Hochul went with President Biden to Israel Votes. The greater NYC area has the largest population of Jewish people outside of Israel . Many of these people are Orthodox sometimes called Hasidic Jews religion plays a large roll in their lives if their Head "Grand Rabbi" says you must vote for a certain person they follow his words. So the Governor is not wanting to loose that 'Block" vote when is next up for reelection.
Hunts2long may you not have any problems from receiving the Covid booster and flu shots at the same time . best wished for you with any hunting this week. may it bee a cheap repair for your garage door.
Wallyworld guess you have consumed a lot of walleye this year and will continue to do so as your fishing success continues i assume you also give some of the fish to friends and family. Congratulations once again on a good day of fishing. may your 'Hot Streak" continue into ice fishing season.
OldSailor are you getting closer to pulling the remaining plants in your garden. I hope you have made progress on ridding your body of the URI .
Fish/hunt4ever may it a good work week so far for you. Best wished for in in filling the remaining elk tags  this weekend.
IFF I hope you had a goo visit with the "Colorado: side of your family. Ditto Ice Wanderer's words maybe time to bring in a professional to hopefully get rid of the fleas at your farm and make things better for jake and your kitty.
Eddie may things be going well hope you can enjoy some Fall activities with your family .
Whopper Stopper looking forward to a report once you return from the shack guessing getting and keeping an internet connection is bad this week .

May everyone have a good night. Best to all fishing and hunting.
      Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3376 on: Oct 19, 2023, 06:01 AM »
45* and some fog.

WW, another good day on the water. You are going to be spoiled. Are you seeing many other boats out or you got the lake to yourselves?

Mr. C, the guy said he had picked up a new opener for the garage so we will see what it ends up costing. It is something that has to get fixed.

The trip into the woods went well, felt good to be back in there. The underbrush is very bad, couldn't see more that 20 yards in spots. No deer but a ton of birds, they were everywhere. My brother was saying the other day that not many birds coming to his feeders and that they must have a lot of food in the woods.

Today is the wifes birthday, not sure what we are doing, I know Amber is making a cake and the girls are taking her out to lunch on Friday.
I have to get some things moved out of the garage so have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3377 on: Oct 19, 2023, 06:21 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 41* and cloudy here on my hll. ::)
                          Wally...........Damn you two are nailing them. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                          H2l..............I'm glad you finally got someone to come out to look at the door. :thumbsup: Good luck sitting today. :flex:
                          Steve...........I  get why the governor went, but did she hitch a ride with the president or on a separate plane. ??? If it's a campaign move shouldn't
                it c0ome out of her campaign fund. :%$#!
                          Marv............Can we get a report. ???
                          Eddie...........I  hope you are doing well. :flex:
                          Bud.............Steve has a good idea to call an exterminator. :blink:
                          Not much going on today. I should mow leaves again but I don't feel like it.
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3378 on: Oct 19, 2023, 07:02 AM »
Morning all,

IW......the leaves will be there when you feel more like tackling them, take it easy  ;)

H2L.....happy birthday to MrsH2  :thumbsup:  still a few other boats on the lake   :)

WS.....hope all is going well at the shack  :whistle:

Did the mowing/leave chopping here yesterday afternoon  :flex:  think the bike will get some miles today  @)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3379 on: Oct 19, 2023, 09:44 PM »
 Good evening, received sad news last night a long time member of my church died this past Tuesday at the age of ninety. Visitation and service this coming Monday. Also received an email from my cousin in Wyoming her nephew has been battling cancer for a year or more new problem discovered and he will need surgery to hopefully correct things. I see mixed reports on if there will be a third vote to name Jim Jordan as next Speaker of the house. I did not watch President Biden's Oval office address tonight some of his plans will need congressional approval so until there is a new speaker or the temporary speaker's authority gets increased things will be delayed.

Hunts2long May your wife day have been a good one Best wishes sent for her. I hope your garage door is now working properly and the bill to repair it was not to costly.
Ice Wanderer good point about Governor Hochul's trip I assume some person or group is watching her actions and will raise a flag if they see a conflict. The only issue i see with leaving the leaves for another day is if it rains they get harder to mow and clean up with your tractor.
Wallyworld not to bad of a day for a bike ride may it have been a safe and enjoyable trip wherever you roamed today. Hopefully we see a report from Whopper stopper by this week's end.

Keep safe,stay healthy. best to all fishing and hunting.
   Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3380 on: Oct 20, 2023, 05:30 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....sorry for your loss  :'(

IW.....hope you had a restful day yesterday ;)

H2L.....fingers crossed the garage door is up & running again  :thumbsup:  been noticing the same thing here with the lack of birds at the feeder  :unsure:

Eddie......keeping you in our prayers  :)

WS.....looking forward to the week's report  :whistle:

IFF.....hope you're getting caught up with things at the farm  @)

110 miles on 3 wheels yesterday, not all ice cream stands are closed up yet  :clap:

Heading to MA for the weekend, hockey & football on the agenda  :flex:

Trail cam caught these fellas in the backyard

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3381 on: Oct 20, 2023, 05:36 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 45* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                        Steve.........I'm sorry to read about your cousin's nephew. :( Also the loss of your church member. :(
                        Wally..........I hope the leaf chopping went well, and you got the ride in. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
                        Marv..........I guess the service at "The Shack" is 't very good. :unsure:
                        H2l............Happy Belated Birthday to your wife. :clap: How did you make out with the garage door. ???
                        Eddie.........I hope you are doing well. :flex:
                        I have a therapy appointment this morning.
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3382 on: Oct 20, 2023, 06:25 AM »
49* and a "very" nice sunrise, it is going to rain.

The wife said thanks for the birthday wishes, she had a good day, I got her Chinese food last night and today the girls are taking her to Trader Joe's and then to Red Lobster for lunch.

WW, safe travels this weekend and "good luck" to the kids. Nice bucks!

The garage door has been repaired. They brought a new opener with them but were able to replace the gear in the old one, adjusted and oiled everything. Very nice guys who "knew" what they were doing, only here about 45 minutes and are mailing be the bill. (DNA Overhead Doors)

Mr. C, sorry to hear about your church friend.

Looks like rain and wind for the opening weekend of rifle, I won't be going out.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3383 on: Oct 20, 2023, 07:30 PM »
Good evening, everyone :bow:

Just a quick Hello before heading to bed. I came home today around 2pm for a few days. My brother shot a nice doe Wednesday afternoon, yesterday we butchered it. I only hunted 2 afternoons as I got caught up on clearing trails and hauling some wood.

The phone reception has been zero for the most part, not making things on the home front good for when I head back midweek solo.

Tomorrow I am going to work on what I hope is my last tree job of the season. With any luck I can knock it off in 4 days then back to the woods. The guessers are talking some snow chances into next week ???

Here is a video from the cards. The big deer was a couple days before I was up there. Hopefully the bucks will be moving next trip.

Hope everyone is doing OK :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3384 on: Oct 20, 2023, 09:54 PM »
Well got camp.set up again. Mam I wish desiel and gas would drop in price only about 300 buck to come back up with 25 gallons desiel and almost 50 gallons of gas, and we even had a discount for fuel at 10 cent off. Gas is 3.77 a gallon and desiel is 4.48 a gallon but other stations I see are from 4.50 to 5.75 a gallon for desiel and up to 3.99 for gas. Well have a good one everyone.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3385 on: Oct 21, 2023, 04:40 AM »
               Good morning ER's,
                          It's 47* and raining, I have .61" so far on my rain gauge. ::)
                          H2l.........I'm glad the garage door was an easy fix. :clap: That's nice of the girls taking your wife out. :thumbsup:
                          Marv.......Thank you for the video, there are a couple nice bucks coming in. :thumbsup: :flex: I hope the tree job goes quick. :thumbsup:
                          Fish........The gas prices sure are high and with what's going on in the middle east, you can see a rise in prices. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                          Eddie......You are always in my thoughts, hoping you are getting better. :flex:
                          Wally.......I hope you were able to stay busy yesterday. :whistle:
                          Yesterday I took Steve's advice and mowed and bagged my leaves.
                          Not much going on today because of the rain.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3386 on: Oct 21, 2023, 05:15 AM »
Morning all,

WS…..congrats to your brother!! Hopefully the tree job goes as planned

IW……nice before and after pic, Hope you aren’t too sore from the workout

H2L…..always good when repairs aren’t as involved as they could be.

FH4…..saw gas here in MA at $3.19, about 60 cents cheaper than my area of NY

Field hockey game was a win yesterday as was the ice hockey game!!!! Another ice hockey game today followed by a football game, hoping for 2 more in the W column.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3387 on: Oct 21, 2023, 06:39 AM »
52* and light rain.

WS, another great production, little bit of everything. Great ending with the bird.

IW, you cut a pretty straight line for a "one armed" paper hanger.

The girls had a good time yesterday. I am making pasta today.

Took a ride up to Benson last night, most of the hunting camps had smoke coming out of their chimneys. Saw 2 young hunters bringing a 6 point out of the woods about 1/2 mile from where I hunt. He had shot it about 5:45, he was pretty happy.

Neighbor took this picture, our house is just off to the right.

Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3388 on: Oct 21, 2023, 09:16 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Well yesterday was a bust, went to crossville to shop, had just got into town and transmission pump decided to crap out, was heading up hill when it came to a stop , was able to let the pickup to roll backwards and half on sidewalk the other half just behind the white line once the traffic cleared behind me.  Called the Chevy dealership, ask for service department,  never got them to answer the phone after being transferred 3 times, timer on phone read 18 minutes, so hung up, looked on smartphone for transmission shop, see there was one 4 blocks away, called them and ask if they could pick me up, the owner was nice enough to arrange a tow truck for me, so 40 minutes later was at his shop, he said he wouldn’t be able to get it in for a look until Monday.  Even paid the driver as he wasn’t able to take my credit card   Then comes how to get the 27 miles home.  Linda is off to visit a sister in Kentucky Thursday for a week , inquired about a rental car, none in that town or even at Enterprise in Cookeville 20 miles away, nor a Uber driver. Again the shop owner stepped up offering to drive me home after he closed his shop at 5:00.  This all started at 2:30 in the afternoon

On the good side I had left Jake at home and didn’t have groceries yet , thank goodness I wasn’t out in the country.  Nice to have spare vehicles at home, so now I will try getting my shopping done today

Woke up to 34* on my porch, and did notice gas prices under $3.00 and diesel at $4.09

Ice video Marv 👍👍👍

Best to all
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3389 on: Oct 21, 2023, 08:46 PM »
 Good evening, thank you for the condolences on the passing of a long time member of the church I attend and well wishes for my cousin. Rain here until late afternoon when the sun made an appearance. I had some visitors today my sister come up from New Jersey and one of my cousin's and her mother came for lunch. Good time catching up with each other. This cousin was the bride in couple whose surprise 50 Th anniversary party my sister and I attended in late August. Her mother is our great aunt whom I have mentioned in other posts to this thread . She will celebrate her 99 TH birthday next month.

Wallywoerd glad you had problem free travel and your grandchildren's teams won Friday's games. may the same have happened today.
Ice Wanderer your body must be adjusting to the therapy session if you felt good enough to mow/clean-up leaves from your yard after yesterday's session. Thank you for the photo the yard looks nice ditto hunts2to long comment about the straight rows.
Hunts2long good to hear your garage door is functioning properly again and they were able to repair the equipment you already had installed. Sounds like you found the proper people for the job. Glad your wife and daughter's had a good day together. Best wished for your brother ,nephew and you during the big-game NY. Northern zone rifle season.
IFF good that you were in town and able to find a transmission shop close by also sounds like you found the right person to do the repair as it appears the Chevy dealership's repair department has some issues.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the report and video. Congratulations to your brother on his harvesting of a doe. You may want to research satellite phones of one of the GPS-locater beacon units that has a feature which allows you to send a text message to your home letting your wife know when you are in the stand and one back at the shack for evening.
Fish/hunte4ever given the events in Israel I'm surprised the gas prices have dropped by me from $3.65 per gallon 87 octane a week or two back to $3.45 currently. I know they can go up quickly depending on what happens in the Middle East.  Best wished to you and others in your hunting party on filling the remaining elk tags.
Eddie may it have been a good week for you enjoy any weekend events with the family. best to your son's with their deer hunting.
icefisher-45 may it also have been a good week for you and your wife.

Have a good Sunday. Keep safe,try to stay healthy. best to all fishing and hunting.
   Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.