Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219166 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3330 on: Oct 12, 2023, 07:36 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3331 on: Oct 13, 2023, 03:59 AM »

Goode morning ER's,
                        It's 35* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                        Marv..........It's to keep up with the leaves, they get to thick and they get hard to move especially wen they get wet. :blink:
                        Wally.........Nice job out on the lake, and the pictures were amazing. :clap:
                        Fish..........Thanks for sharing the picture, looks like nice open hunting. :thumbsup:
                        H2l...........Is your garage door a power door or manual, the tracks sometimes get tweaked.  :whistle: I'm glad to read that your nephew
                is feeling better. :thumbsup:
                        I-45..........I hope you're feeling better. :unsure:
                        Bud...........Are you back on the farm? ???
                        Steve.........Where are you? :roflmao:
                        Eddie.........Continue d prayers are always going your way. :thumbsup:
                        Yesterdays therapy appointment went well, my therapist did most of the work, she moved my arm, while it was relaxed to stretch out the muscle.
               But the last exercise I was lying down on my back and holding a dowle, I had to push it up. The first 5 went ok but the second 5 I struggled.
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3332 on: Oct 13, 2023, 04:52 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello, heading out for another round on the water  :thumbsup:

Have a good Friday the 13th  :woot:

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3333 on: Oct 13, 2023, 06:22 AM »
37* right now but I do see some frost on the CRV.

IW, it is a power door, I am pretty sure it needs to be replaced, finding someone to even look at it is a pain. May just call Lowe's, it is 25 years old.

WW, good luck today, looks like  it is going to be nice, FOR this time of year and fishing. Nice pictures.

F/H4, that is a great sunrise, thanks for sharing.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3334 on: Oct 13, 2023, 06:44 AM »
Well got my dad one, now down to 2 tags to fill. Then  my dad has a cow tag that starts on Sunday.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3335 on: Oct 13, 2023, 07:32 AM »
Congratulations to Dad :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3336 on: Oct 13, 2023, 11:44 AM »
Where's the rest of it??? Did it run off? :woot: :woot: :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :clap: :clap: ;)2 ;)2 :whistle::flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3337 on: Oct 13, 2023, 11:58 AM »

A limit of fish this morning, heading out for a bike ride now!! Got to love nice fall days like this 👍🏻👍🏻

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3338 on: Oct 13, 2023, 12:19 PM »
 Good day, temperature in the low sixties with 5-10 mph wind  blue sky with a few clouds. I see Republicans have picked current majority leader Steve Scalise as their choice to be the next speaker of the House. he won out over Judiciary Committee chairman Jim Jordan by a mere 14 votes. Hopefully now congress can get to work on things and move forward.

Ice wanderer I got pressed for time last night. While I have only seen a few episodes in reruns on TV-Land got your "Car 54" reference. I also thought all ice creams contained eggs we maybe correct and the problem is someone with an egg allergy may purchase the product thinking it is safe for them to consume and then have a severe reaction.  Out of curiosity looked up Pouloun's website it appears they no longer off a gasoline powered backpack blower only and electric model currently. that is why the shop you brought the blower to may not be able to get the parts needed to repair your model.
Wallyworld congratulations on yesterday's fishing trip. May you have a repeat today.
Whopper Stopper may you have no problems from the rain and winds. Hopefully things go well when you do get around to installing the two snowblower units on their respective lawn tractors .Hunts2long good to read your nephew is feeling better. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time finding someone to come and look at your garage door and may have to go the replacement route.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations to your dad.  :clap: :clap: Guessing the photo was taken after you had started processing the elk i had similar thoughts as OldSailor where is the body of animal . Best wished to all of you in filling remaining tags.
OldSailor may all be good with you and the family.
Icefisher-45 may you be gaining ground on the cold and feeling better.
Eddie hope you are doing well and getting more range of motion from your leg with each passing day .
Wallyworld see you posted a report and photo from today's while I was typing congratulations once again ,enjoy the bike ride. there should be more color change in your area of NY. then by me ,

Have a nice weekend. Best to all fishing and hunting.
   Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3339 on: Oct 13, 2023, 06:26 PM »
Some more amazing skies today

125 miles on the bike this afternoon, not much in the way of color left in the trees.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3340 on: Oct 13, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Good evening, update from my afternoon post  Steve Scalise has removed himself from the candidates to be next Speaker of the House. Now down to Jim Jordan and a congressman from Georgia who has mostly kept a low profile during his 12 years in congress. may the Republicans unite on a person they pass the vote bull full membership of House of Representatives . Thee stop gap measure to prevent a government shutdown only lasts until Nov.17 Th. Also congress must approve of any aide to Israel and continued aid to Ukraine . So now I'm confused after posting a day or two back about the first plane load of armaments being on it's way to Israel is the plane loaded and awaiting congressional approval to head to the country ?

Also there was a gas line explosion earlier today in Midleton,Idaho .(approx. 33miles west of Boise ) a worker ruptured a 22 inch line while using an excavator. Over 10 thousand people in a 4 square mile radius of the gas line order to evacuate their homes for a brief period of time. Once gas supply to the line was shut-off residents were told to shelter in place.

Wallyworld thank you for the photos. did you find any still open ice cream places on today's bike ride .

We will see what new and exciting things happen in our world tomorrow. Stay safe, try to keep healthy.
    Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3341 on: Oct 14, 2023, 04:51 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It's 37* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                     Fish.............Congr atulations to you father. :flex: :bow:.
                     Wally............Nice catch, I don't how or what you're doing but it seems to be working. :thumbsup:
                     Steve...........I think it was the worst that the republicans could do was to remove McCarthy as speaker. The republicans will be a divided congress. :cookoo::%$#!:
                     H2l..............Did you try The Overhead Door Company? ???
                     Eddie...........Hopefu lly all is going well for you. :unsure:
                     Marv............I hope you're caught up on your to do list so you can get back to "The Shack" ???
                     OS .............I hope all is going well with you? ???
                     Today is opening day of muzzle loader for the northern zone, good luck to all that are out.
                     I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3342 on: Oct 14, 2023, 05:21 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone: bow:

41 degrees with a high of 55 expected. The rain from yesterday has moved on with just a chance of a pop-up shower for today.

IW... I hope you aren't too sore from therapy. I am pretty well caught up with my "To Do List". I am waiting to hear if my brother is still planning a trip to the shack Monday or if he is going to hold off until Halloween. The main reason I was planning on going back up next week was because of him. I normally don't start looking for bucks until around the 25th when the deer games start kicking in.

WW...Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing :clap: Congratulations on another banner fish outing :thumbsup:

Eddie...Continued prayers sent your way.

This morning I have to look at a bigger tree job. The only reason I am going is because I have worked for the guy over the last 30 years or so. I'm already thinking I am most likely going to pass on the job, but I figure I owed it to him to at least see what he has in mind. He has 6-8 big oaks that he is looking to deadwood, then a bunch of smaller ones to remove. I talked to a couple of guys that have climbed for me in the past and neither one wants to commit, as their schedules are filled with their own work. My other option would be to rent a 70' lift and do it myself, an approach that I'm not real eager to undertake, especially this time of year.

I hope you all have a good Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3343 on: Oct 14, 2023, 06:43 AM »
42* and cloudy.

WW, you have them "dialed" in pretty good. Glad you had a good bike ride, we don't get many Falls like this one. The wife went and picked my sister up yesterday, they went to lunch, shopping at an Amish store down near Sharon Springs. She said that there isn't much color in the trees this year. Across the river from the house very few have even changed yet.

IW, I spoke to Overhead the other day, they couldn't come until mid-November.

Today is the first day of MZ season, going to let the deer get pushed around a little (maybe getting old). The leaves are terrible in the woods, nothing has even begun to turn, where I set you couldn't see more than 15/20 feet. Talked to my brother last night he is not hunting, nephew is working a double and my brothers son in law had one of his knees replaced yesterday. The deer will be there!

Eddie, you are in our thoughts.

Have a good day and be well.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3344 on: Oct 14, 2023, 07:01 AM »

My nephew with a load of logs for his portable saw mill. I think the shots are helping his back!
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3345 on: Oct 14, 2023, 07:18 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....yes there are still a couple ice cream stands open  ;)2

H2L.....That's a nice looking load of logs  :flex:  makes my back ache just seeing it  :pinch:

WS.....sounds like a job for a whole crew not 1 guy alone  :unsure: 

IW.....sorry you're missing MZ season this year  :(

FH4.....congrats on all the good shots so far this year  :thumbsup: :bow:

Eddie......hope all is going ok in your neck of the woods  ???

Not much planned today just puttering around the house  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3346 on: Oct 14, 2023, 02:52 PM »
Howd all! A cold front came through last night and dropped some rain and the temperature!! I'm still picking tomatoes and peppers!! I'm waiting on the first killing frost! IW I'm hanging in there!! I've had an URI that seems to like me because it keeps hanging around. I have an appointment with the VA dentist to get my uppers pulled and get a plate!! Now that I have my 100% disability, I have less problems getting to get appointments for things. the only thing is the long wait times. Take it easy on that shoulder!!!

WW... way to go on the fish!!

FH4...Good hunting so far!

Eddie...Take care and continue therapy and healing!!

H2L... Are you just observing and supervising that log operation???

Everyone stay healthy and be safe!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3347 on: Oct 14, 2023, 10:13 PM »
 good evening raining all day finally coming to an end.  looks like we will have to wait until Monday and see if any candidate can get enough votes to be the next Speaker of the House of Representatives .
Ice Wanderer hopefully things get resolved soon in congress and they can get back to work . best to any of you son's who maybe hunting during the big-game muzzle loader season .
Whopper Stopper good to read you have majority of the to-do list completed best to you and your brother whenever both of you return to the shack to pursue the deer.  may your long time customer understand that his tree job is behind you limited manpower and equipment .
Hunts2long may your wife and S-I-L 's lunch and shopping trip have been a good time for the ladies. Best to you and your brother and nephew with the deer hunting. You all set the goal high last year with your respective deer.
Wallyworld guess some of the ice cream stands may operate year round. i hope you got a few things done while puttering today.
OldSailor may you be able to loose the URI . Also best wished for you with the dental work,
Eddie may things be going well for you.
Icefisher-45 hope it has been a good week for you and the wife.

Have a safe and pleasant Sunday. best to all fishing and hunting.
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3348 on: Oct 15, 2023, 04:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 37* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                       H2l............With all the rain we have had, you'd think that the leaf colors would be mo vibrant. :blink: Your nephew seems to be doing good with
             a load like that. :flex:
                       Wally.........The weather for the next week is your typical fall weather. :whistle:
                       Marv..........That sounds like a big job, maybe you should pass it on to your old boss and get a finders fee. :flex: Good luck to you and your brother
             if you return to "The Shack". :unsure:
                       Steve.........Congress needs to get a leader soon, the November deadline is looming. :cookoo:
                       OS.............Good luck with the teeth extraction, :thumbsup: I thought you got dental because you were a lifer. :unsure:
                       Eddie.........Coffee is on and spaghetti eggs is for breakfast this morning if you want to take a ride up. :whistle:
                       Bud...........Are you back to the farm yet? ???
                       I-45..........I hope you are over your cold? ???
                       Not much going on here, looks like it's football Sunday.
                       I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3349 on: Oct 15, 2023, 05:25 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning, everyone: bow:

42 and mostly cloudy, looks like we have a shot at 60 degrees today.

I am finishing off some packing this morning then heading to the shack to meet up with my brother tomorrow. He is hoping to find a buck or doe and I will be concentrating on getting a few trees off one of the trails. I may sit a couple nights trying to get a doe for my sister but, for the most part my weapon of choice will be my chainsaw.

I did escape some of the work at the bid yesterday. The guy asked if I would be willing to do the work if he dialed back the job some. I finally agreed and will try to do the job when I return from the shack in a week. I am hoping I can hammer it out in 2.5 days. If I can't, I will have to finish the job in mid-November after hunting.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3350 on: Oct 15, 2023, 06:32 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....enjoy the games  :thumbsup:

WS.....safe travels, good luck to you and your brother  ;)

H2L.....hope the lanes are good to you tonight  :whistle:

MrC....it's time the politicians started acting like adults and learned to look at the big picture  :%$#!:

Eddie.....keeping you in our prayers  ;)

Another cloudy dreary damp chilly day on tap  ::)  might be a football day here too  @)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3351 on: Oct 15, 2023, 06:48 AM »
Good Morning, 41* and cloudy.

OS, I do go up and watch him saw some lumber, but usually stay out of the way. I was amazed at how many boards he can get out of one log.

WS, good luck to you and your brother this week.

IW, my nephew takes some trees down and most don't want them so he takes them. Most are white pine but he knows his limits and stays away from the "big" ones.

Took a ride up to see how many hunters were out yesterday mid-morning, there were not many. I did see a pretty nice buck cross the road about 40 yards from where I park when I go in.

Lindsay and Rocky stopped for a visit yesterday afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3352 on: Oct 15, 2023, 07:09 AM »
Well the daughter did not want to go out last night but got her to climb into the side by side to drive around and see if we could find some elk. Went to a spot she shot high on one and we trailed it for awhile and I found it in the thick timber at about 20 feet. It jumped up and left and we could not find any other blood or anything from there on. But it was cool to call another one in, but had to run back and grab everyone at when I seen it step out into the meadow, luckily it stayed for a bit. But anyways no elk there and went to check another spot and seen a meadow that it does not look like many people look at so I parked and went to look when I see something move, elk feeding. Run back and grab the daughter and wife and we go down, the cow sees us and we move a bit closer but where we set up it is 460 yards. Turn the turret and daughter settles in and boom whack and she spins a but and down she goes. The other 2 cows and a calf come back look at her and them move off. Go and grab her and then quarter her up and head to the camper.

This also makes it her 6th elk in a row. Proud dad moment

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3353 on: Oct 15, 2023, 08:29 AM »
Good morning. Jeff yes back at the farm, got in Friday morning

49 out on the porch this morning decided to light up the fireplace to take the chill off

Plan on a trip to Sam’s Club for some meats and groceries,  Colorado family, daughter and grandsons will stop for a short visit Tuesday afternoon, (4 hours) is there schedule, so will have something on the grill for their supper.  And they will be on there way for the balance of their “road” trip

Lots to do on my list, so best get at it

WTG FH4    Good day and best to all
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3354 on: Oct 16, 2023, 04:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 40* and raining here on my hill. ::)
                       Fish..........Congratu lations to your daughter on her Elk. :thumbsup:
                       Bud..........I hope your daughter and grandson arrive safely. :clap:
                       Marv.........Well that's god the land owner dialed back the job, it seemed too much work. :blink: Good luck to you and your brother. :thumbsup:
                       Wally.........Yesterda y was a good fall football day. :whistle:
                       H2l...........Isn't it always the way, you see a nice deer when you're not hunting. :wacko: I hope your team had a good night on the lanes. :unsure:.
                       Steve........I  agree with Wally's statement. :blink:,
                       Eddie........I  hope you had a relaxing Sunday, have the boys been out? ???
                       With the rain today not much is going on here.
                       I  hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3355 on: Oct 16, 2023, 04:21 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......glad to hear you made it home, safe travels to the Colorado family  ;)

WS.....best of luck in the woods with whatever "weapon" you choose :flex:

IW.....hope you enjoyed all the games yesterday  @)

H2L.....the weather hasn't really been "hunting weather" yet  ::)

Heading to the lake in a bit, will check back in later  :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3356 on: Oct 16, 2023, 04:48 AM »
Good morning, everyone: bow:

37 and cloudy on the woodshed thermometer.

Looks like a nice morning on tap.

Hope you all have a good Monday!  :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3357 on: Oct 16, 2023, 06:19 AM »
47* and clear. They were saying some rain today.

WW, hope you have another good day on the lake.

FH4, congratulations to your daughter, freezer must be getting full.

IW, it makes it nice hunting when you know there are a few around.

We had a good night on the lanes, took all 4 from the 1st place team. We all bowled well.

IFF, must be nice to be back home.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3358 on: Oct 16, 2023, 08:08 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Well it’s time to give thoughts of winterizing to water pipes and weatherstripping where needed on the mobile home and RV. 41 on the deck finds me wearing a hooded hunting coat with hood as I enjoy my morning ☕️

Next choir’s is to fire up the smoker and a batch of ribs and a trip to the dump.

H2l yes it is and more like wood splitting weather.  One more trip around the yard with the riding mower should do it for this year.

Best to those with hunting or out fishing. Stay safe and enjoy your day
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3359 on: Oct 16, 2023, 07:28 PM »
Well made it home yesterday and got things unloaded from the camper and hung the few quarters we had to bring down from the mountain. We keep 2 elk a year if we can and then gift the others to people who need/want them. We had a couple families in mind and when the first declined asked the next one and they had just got a couple given to them, then asked a coworker if he and his new bride wanted some and he declined. But did find another who said that he would take it. Got home from work today and moved the splitter out to the wood pile and got the trash moved down to the bin. The wife said the biscuits and gravy I made last night did not sit well and it kept her awake most the night. So she is at home and the kids and I are at swimming. 4 more days and I can head back towards the mountain to chase my elk and my father's other tag. Swim meet the last weekend of the month will bring me off the mountain early so we will see how it goes. Glad all are doing good and hope everyone had a great day. Here are some pictures I took while out and about. Will have to go back and see if there are any others I missed so I do not just repost the same ol ones

Here is a nice deer that I let a young gentleman shoot my gun so we could just turn the turret to the yardage and shoot and a bull elk that we grabbed and pulled out for a couple as their boy got it. Saved them some frame pack trips.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.