Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219167 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3090 on: Sep 13, 2023, 09:54 AM »
63* this morning early, raining now.

The wife's appointment went well, no problems. We were on our way home before 8:30.

WS, those bucks are still hanging around.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3091 on: Sep 13, 2023, 03:38 PM »
Afternoon all,

IW…..best wishes with your surgery tomorrow

WS…..love the upside down coon !! Good luck in the stand

H2L….glad the appointment went well

Drifter….good news on the cabin

IFF…..fingers crossed on the inspection

Whipped up A little something for my granddaughter at college

Have a good evening. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3092 on: Sep 13, 2023, 07:18 PM »
Good Evening Everyone,

Ice Wanderer, Good luck tomorrow with your surgery. Will keep you in my prayers.

Hunts2long, I’m glad your wife’s appointment went well.

WallyWorld, Those cookies look delicious.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3093 on: Sep 13, 2023, 08:42 PM »
 Good evening , high of 76 today with sunshine weather guessers calling for a repeat tomorrow . sad news from the city of Newburgh late Tuesday night city police found a man who had been stabbed outside of the local hospital. they started first aid and assisted the man into the hospital. He died from his injury/injuries. (city of Newburgh police were already at the hospital dealing with some other incident when they found this gentlemen )

Ice Wanderer prayer said and best wishes sent for a successful surgery tomorrow. May your neighbor not have to come home early from Old Orchard Beach.
IFF may your home pass the inspections tomorrow. Good of you not to fish after receiving permission to walk across neighbor's property to access the river like you said do not need others still thinking they can use the former railroad right of way.
Whopper Stopper may you have seen some activity while on the stand today.
Icefisher-45 prayer said the two of you and extended family/friends all get through this weekend with no major problems. given all the recent rain in your area ground will not absorb any rain fall from hurricane Lee. Also the ground is now soft so easier for trees to be blown over in high winds.
Hunts2long glad your wife had a good doctor's appointment .
Drifter happy for you and your neighbor that both your "Cabin" properties were not harmed by the wildfires. DO the fire crews have majority of the fires contained at this time .
Wallyworld believe you will be hitting the highways to visit your grand daughter in Michigan safe travels wished for you. like everything you bake the cookies look great I'm sure your granddaughter will appreciate them .

Stay safe, try to keep healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3094 on: Sep 14, 2023, 04:54 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

40 degrees in the bog. Guessers are saying 78 for a high today.

IW....best of luck today  :thumbsup:

WW... the cookies look fantastic

Yesterday started out kind of HS. This year the hound hunters got to start 1 week before the bait hunters. Of course yesterday was the first day I could start hunting. About 7:30am 4 trucks went by and turned their dogs loose about 1/4 mile from me. It didn't take long for the hounds to cut a track and the race was on.

The hound hunters and bait sitters co-exist but thats about it. The hound hunters are fast to point out their dogs can't read and as a result there is nothing they can do to prevent the dogs from entering private land ???. The Sherriff's dept. Has no time for trespass calls so basically you have no recourse.

It was just a matter of time before the dogs hit my woods and combed through it. From the sounds of the dogs they carved a line through my baits and out the other end. It's hard to say if any bears got harvested but I'm sure any in our area got scattered as they ran for safety :%$#!:

I spent the from noon until end of shooting in my stand, but other than a few deer all was quiet on the bear front.

I am going to freshen up the baits this morning and then put in another afternoon/evening in the stand. The girls are coming up today to go fishing and spend the weekend so that will be fun.

Hope you all have a good Thursday  :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3095 on: Sep 14, 2023, 05:14 AM »
52* and it feels great.

IW, good luck with the surgery today.

WW, cookies look great, I am sure she will like them.

WS, had to be nice to get back into the woods.

The wife got some rest yesterday after we got home from the hospital. She is going shopping later today for a few things. Lindsay's birthday is next week and she is coming here on saturday for dinner.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

Eddie, think of you every day. Hope all is well.
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3096 on: Sep 14, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 57* May take Mr Dickens and wet a line after we go to the transfer station this morning. My wife is still at her friends. Figured it was better to save gas. Will be home Sunday night.

Hunts2long, Glad your wife is feeling better and getting out.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully they didn’t scare to many yogis away. We could send you ours. Sounds like you’re going to have a great weekend.

Eddie, you’re in our prayers. Hope to hear from you soon.

I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one whether they are on the water or in the woods.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3097 on: Sep 14, 2023, 09:23 AM »
Steve
At this point they are being contained.
Fort Smith and Hay River essential employees were allowed to return this week with the rest of the public to follow.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3098 on: Sep 14, 2023, 10:07 AM »
Well the week just keeps being busy, but it makes it go by faster.  All the cookies look great, makes me want to bake some up now. Looks like we are getting some rain today with some cooler temps in the forecast for the next couple of weeks, making me look forward to October and some hunting and the mountains.  Well better keep this one short and head back out for another task, have a great Thursday everyone, hope the surgery went well today IW.  Drifter glad most the fires are contained, sounds like snow is coming your way, that might help some up there.  Have a great end of the week everyone.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3099 on: Sep 14, 2023, 01:19 PM »
Afternoon all,

MrC….no trip just yet, just a little care package for her

IW….hope all went well today and you’ll be on your way home tomorrow

WS….MrWW has trouble with dogs running deer at hunting camp, people don’t pay any attention to leash laws 🤬

Got this in the mail today

Have a good rest of the day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3100 on: Sep 14, 2023, 01:52 PM »
Afternoon all,

Got this in the mail today

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3101 on: Sep 14, 2023, 07:27 PM »
 Good evening, weather guessers got it right and today was a repeat of Wednesday with a high of 76 . Ten to 2twenty mile per hour winds forecast for tomorrow otherwise sunny skies. I see the state of Maine has declared a state of emergency believes this speeds up to the process of getting any needed federal relief money .

Ice Wanderer may you be resting comfortably and all have gone well with today's surgery. Hopefully your neighbor if still in Maine has no problems when time comes to return home.
Eddie ditto other's words may you be doing well and all be good with the family.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear you will have to deal with hunting dogs as the two bears seasons overlap hopefully the dogs do not keep bears off of your property and also chase off the bucks we have seen on your game camera videos. may the "Girls" have a safe trip and good fishing. All of you enjoy the weekend at the shack .
Hunts2long may your wife have found any items needed for Lindsay's birthday dinner. Before I forget happy birthday wishes sent for Lindsay.
Icefisher-45 may it have been a good day at the lake for you and Mr.Dickens. may you not see to much of hurricane Lee's force as it heads towards the Canadian Martines this weekend.
drifter thank you for the reply happy to hear the fire crews are making progress in trying to extinguish all of the fires. nice to read folks will be returning soon to Fort Smith and Hay River. May most of them find their homes still standing and inhabitable .
Fish/hunt4ever time does seem to move quicker when you are busy. May the forecast cooler weather get game animals moving prior to start of hunting seasons. best wished for you and the family next month.
Wallyworld thank you for the reply to my question . If your granddaughter shares the cookies with others besides her roommate there will likely be request for more and larger care packages. The Michigan sticker looks good on your vehicle display it proudly .

To all who follow this thread who are in path of hurricane lee may all of you see no to minimal damage for the hurricane.

Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3102 on: Sep 15, 2023, 05:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Friday!  48* with a taste of Fall in the air this am, high of 68 forecasted.

Jeff…hope everything went smoothly with your procedure yesterday, keeping you in thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.  :bow:
  Marv…Thank you for sharing all the videos, hope today the dogs stay away and the bears move in…we’ll be pulling for you, best of luck!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…I’m trying to figure out who got the better deal out of the trade…your granddaughter getting the scrumptious cookies for a care package or Grandma getting the sticker to proudly display??  Way to go Grandma , thanks for sharing!! :bow:
  Dave…so glad to read the cabin is still safe and those fires are contained!! Hope you had a great time in Alaska!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2…glad the local hospital visits have been going well for your wife, best of luck with the bowling team this season…we’ll be rooting for ya!   :thumbsup:

I have so much catching up to do….wow!  Wanting to Thank everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers and best wishes supporting me in my recovery…they’ve helped me through some very difficult times and I sincerely appreciate it, Thank You!   :bow:
  Reached a short term goal of becoming nurse and physical therapy free yesterday, so if you have room for a broken down trowel to join back in here, I’d be happy to get the Cawfee back on and give the Old Sailor a break for awhile!  ;D
  God Bless you all…..Have a great day, be safe, best of luck to those fishing! 

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3103 on: Sep 15, 2023, 05:38 AM »
Glad to hear from you Ed..  Sure missed you..
 Dom✌️✌️✌️✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3104 on: Sep 15, 2023, 05:43 AM »
Good morning Eddie.....welcome back  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3105 on: Sep 15, 2023, 05:47 AM »
Eddie the 9:45 hasn’t been the same without you. Welcome back. Continuing prayers for you.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3106 on: Sep 15, 2023, 06:10 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, good to see you back.

A cool 48* and sunny.

I talked to Iceman and his "cuz" at the boat launch yesterday, may be their last trip of the year, the lake is going down fast. Iceman reports in over on the MFF.

I believe the wife got everything she needed yesterday, Lindsay always seems to want something a little different.

Drifter, glad the fire are somewhat under control.

WW, nice sticker.

IW, you are in our thoughts, hope all is going well.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3107 on: Sep 15, 2023, 09:18 AM »
Eddie welcome back!!  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: The coffee is always on here!! Old sailors run on coffee, just ask Jeff!!! Jeff, I hope you're doing well with your recovery!! We're dog sitting for one of my daughters while she goes camping. Gandalf is not a happy cat!!! :%$#!: :whistle: Everyone take care, be safe, and keep well !!! :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3108 on: Sep 15, 2023, 11:21 AM »
Eddie....great to see you on the 9:45 this morning  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3109 on: Sep 15, 2023, 01:41 PM »
Welcome back Eddie, glad all is going good for your recovery.

IW hope all went well with the surgery and you are starting to recover already.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3110 on: Sep 15, 2023, 08:33 PM »
Good evening, cool start to the day 56 degrees at 9 AM it warmed up to 67 by late afternoon. Winds did increase as the day went on and the morning's blue sky filled with clouds assume from Hurrican Lee. I need to check NYC news reports to see if the Eastern end of Long Island suffered any damage from the Hurricane's passing . Coastal flooding, beach erosion and probable power outages in the New England states over night and tomorrow as the hurricane makes it way to a landfall in Western Nova Scotia and then will cross the Bay of Fundy and make another landfall in New Brunswick. Depending on timing things could get interesting as the hurricane moves across the Bay of Fundy. This bay has some very high tides  40 foot difference between peak of low and high tides under normal conditions.

Eddie welcome back ,congratulations on meeting the goal of becoming nurse visits and physical therapy free. may you meet and pass the next goal on your road to recovery .
Ice wanderer may you be released from hospital and resting at home. may all have gone well with the surgery  best wished for you with the rehab. and recovery .
Raquettedacker may all be good with you and the family. Best to you with this year's deer hunting .
Wallyworld may it have been a nice day in central NY.
Hunts2long nice you got to meet up with another Ice Shanty member. is it normal for GSL's water level to be so low in mid. September. glad your wife found items needed to prepare Lindsay's birthday dinner.
OldSailor may you not have to break up any fights between Gandalf and your daughter's dog. I can imagine Gandalf being upset that his home space has been invaded.  may you daughter have a safe and good camping trip.
Whopper Stopper may you have seen signs of bear activity today. best wished for you tomorrow pursuing the bears or deer if you decide to break out your bow for the start of archery season.
Fish/hunt4ever may it have been a good end to your work week.
Icefisher-45 may you get through Hurricane lee with no problems .

Have a good and safe weekend.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3111 on: Sep 16, 2023, 04:12 AM »

Good morning ER's,             
                            IT's 51 on, my hill ::)
                            I just want thank everyone for the well the well wishes on my surgery. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: I had. I had all intentions of doing a full ,         
                 post, but  i'm making too many mistakes. Welcome back Eddie.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3112 on: Sep 16, 2023, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....good to see you posting this morning  :clap:

Eddie....have the boys been fishing Pulaski  ???

WS.....fingers crossed things are going well in the woods and water  ;)2

H2L......happy birthday to Linsday  :)

IFF......heading back to the farm soon  ???

MrC/IF45.....fingers crossed no hurricane damage  :-\

We have a benefit ride today for a coworker that was killed in the line of duty 12 years ago.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3113 on: Sep 16, 2023, 06:08 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Fair skies and 53*, calling for a high of 68 again today.

Jeff…Thank you and will be looking forward to catching up with you soon…best wishes are with you Sir!  :thumbsup: :flex:
  Wally…hope you have a great turnout with todays ride!  :thumbsup:  The boys have made two trips up to Pulaski so far and have tangled with a few salmon. Believe they are heading back up again next weekend.
  Steve…Thank you, the insurance company only allowed for a limited number of at home visit’s so that goal came quicker than expected, lol. Next on the list will be getting off this walker soon and using a cane.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…will be looking forward to your post, best of luck to you Sir!   :thumbsup:

Thanks again for all the support and warm welcome back everybody, such a wonderful group of people here and I am truly grateful.   :bow:
  Will check back in later to see how everyone is doing…Cawfee’s on!  ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3114 on: Sep 16, 2023, 06:58 AM »
52* and some clouds.

IW, good to see you, don't overdo.

Mr. C. it is not so much the water level as it is the dock at the launch. They have done a terrible job of keeping it pushed out this year. This week it is 2 to 3 feet above the water. It is great for larger boats by small fishing boat it is a pain. 1st small boats are lower than the deck of the ramp so your boat hits the metal under the dock, 2nd it makes it a real pain to get into or out of your boat. The second one is the "killer" for us "old timers".

Saw my brother yesterday, he has been seeing some does and fawns around. My nephew is still having real bad back pain but has gone back to work.

Not much planned for today, except Lindsay's dinner later today.

Have a good day and be well.....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3115 on: Sep 16, 2023, 09:34 AM »
Awesome, the Cawfee's on!   :thumbsup:
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3116 on: Sep 16, 2023, 01:34 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 70* and sunny. Did a couple of classes at our church this morning. Finally sitting down at home. We didn’t get any of Hurricane Lee here.

WallyWorld, Hope you had a great turnout for today’s ride.

Whopper Stopper, Hope the Hounds didn’t scare all the bears away. Saw a Yogi this morning when I put out Bird food. Fortunately he ran off.

Ice Wanderer, Take it easy today. I see you’re posting Jokes. They always make me laugh.

Hunts2long, Happy Birthday to Lindsay. Have a good dinner.

MasonEddie, Keeping you in my prayers. Hopefully soon you’ll be using a cane instead of a Walker.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day. Tight lines to those fishing and be safe in the woods.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3117 on: Sep 16, 2023, 01:46 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

65 degrees, back into the 40's tonight.

No signal for posting this morning, I will see if I can get a short one in now.

Last night about 6:30pm a very nice bear walked by my bait. He didn't have much interest and stayed outside my comfortable revolver range. I only saw him for 5 minutes or so and he was gone.

Checked camera's today and the 12 point visited my bow stand just before dark last night. About 10 minutes past shooting a good sized bear walked through. Today I opted for my bow stand with bow in hand. It will be interesting to see what shows tonight. Today and tomorrow are light N NW winds. After Sunday the wind will be wrong for this stand.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3118 on: Sep 16, 2023, 04:24 PM »
Good afternoon all,  made my way back to pick up my tractor, poor lady doesn’t even know if she has a right to stay on the property. She didn’t realize that once Mr. Passed her powers of attorney died with him. As far as she knows even though her name is on the deed it was not done with rights of survivorship. That Mr. Had created a willl leaving everything to their daughters. So she is in bad need of an attorney.  Not being on a bank loan as well the bank refused to take the next payment.  She was told she was not on it.  Sound like the banker wants to take the property and it only has a balance of $9,400  Sad state of Afairs she has.

Will be on my way to Tennessee tomorrow

Marv hope you have better luck tomorrow
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3119 on: Sep 16, 2023, 04:31 PM »
Thanks bud!

Just sat through a good downpour  :%$#!: hope it helps.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.