Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219142 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2970 on: Aug 28, 2023, 05:08 PM »

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2971 on: Aug 28, 2023, 06:07 PM »
Way to go WW. Nice fish and you started page 100!!!! :woot: :thumbsup: :roflmao: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :whistle: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2972 on: Aug 28, 2023, 10:00 PM »
Nice fish WallyWorld.  :clap: :clap:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2973 on: Aug 28, 2023, 10:15 PM »
 Good evening, I forgot to mention this in my posts over the past few days. On Wednesday October 4 TH there will be a nation wide test of the emergency Alert System on TV's radios and Cell phones (you will receive a text message)  . After the recent wildfires in Hawaii there is a feeling system should be tested to make sure it is working when needed. The test will take place at 2:20 PM EST adjust for the nation's different time zones. The message is still being worked on Mostly likely you will hear the alarm on TV's-radios followed by This is a test of the Emergency Alert system no action needed by the public . so mark your calendars on phones or if your old school like we the one hanging on a wall .
This is those with an interest in history back in may while work was being done on the base of one of the many statues on the grounds of the U.S. Military Academy at West point, NY  to repairs cracks a sealed box was found inside the base. it is believed to be a time capsule attempts to X-ray the box to see contents were not successful so it is thought the box is made from lead. It is believed to be from 1829 given the date of statue. Robert E. Lee was a cadet at this time. The capsule was opened earlier today. You can see this event on the USMA's You Tube channel type in USMA when doing the search on You Tube. I have yet to watch this took a quick look video from this morning's live stream is slightly over 40 minutes in length.

Icefisher-45 welcome back may you be recovered from all of the medical procedures. Best wished for you and your wife going forward .
Wallyworld thank you for the photo congratulations on today's catch .
Ice Wanderer agree time goes by quickly we get caught up in daily activities and only when we take a look at a phot from an event realize how much time has past . enjoy this coming work free Holiday weekend. may the blood work show all is still good for your surgery date.
Hunts2long  nice to read it was a good night at the bowling alley may you be able to keep things going throughout the upcoming season. safe travels wished for you tomorrow.
OldSailor may the temperature have dropped by you and the rain become less frequent. so you can get outside and do something other the mow with the zero turn .
Eddie I hope your weekend was good.

Stay safe try to keep healthy. best to all with fishing plans.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2974 on: Aug 29, 2023, 05:05 AM »
62* and cloudy, we got some heavy rain last evening.

Ice45, good you see you back..

WW, nice fish.

Off to the big city, be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2975 on: Aug 29, 2023, 05:15 AM »
H2L.....safe travels  ;)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2976 on: Aug 29, 2023, 06:33 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....fingers crossed you're making progress with your recovery  :)

IF45.....best wishes to you as well with your recovery from your various procedures  ;)

H2L.....best of luck with this year's bowling  :flex:  hope MrsH2 gets a good report today  ;)2

IW....hard to believe summer is winding down so quickly and Labor Day is this weekend :blink:

IFF.....hope Jake's feeling less itchy after his bath  @)

WS.....thanks for the latest video  :thumbsup:  hope you have a quiet week planned  ???

Rain, rain and more rain  ::)  hoping September brings some drier weather with it  :whistle:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2977 on: Aug 29, 2023, 07:34 PM »
 Good evening,clody skies for part of daylight hours but no rain . Believe my area saw a high near 80 degrees today . I have yet to watch the You Tube video from West Point or read the article in today's addition of my local newspaper to find out what was inside the time capsule. I will a link to the newspaper's website at the end of this post for those interested.
This is for my fellow NY. residents back in December of 2022 Gov. Hochul signed legislation which requires all auto insurance policies in NY. to now included Spousal Liability charge even if you are single. This additional charge started with August premium bills you do have the option to opt -out of this charge. It is estimated the additional charge will cost between 240 and 84 dollars per year depending on your coverage. The thought behind this legislation is to provide coverage for a person injured/killed in a motor vehicle accident caused by the negligence of a person's spouse while they were operating a jointly owned/used vehicle. So contact your insurance agent to opt-out or get additional information on this new charge .

May everyone be busy and not having computer issues of family emergencies which have kept you from posting these past few days.

prayers for those in the path of the latest Atlantic Hurricanes ,
Hunts2long may your wife have received good reports today from her doctors and travel have been problem free for the two of you .
Wallyworld  only good thing about all of the rain is that water supply reservoirs should be at or near their holding capacity heading into the Fall .

Here is the link for my local newspaper .    https://www.recordonline.com

A pleasant evening wished for everyone. best to all with fishing plans for this week .
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2978 on: Aug 30, 2023, 02:20 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

62 degrees, heading into the mid 70's by the afternoon. Another round of 90's is in the guesscast. We are at double the normal 90 degree days for the year compared to the average :cookoo:

The last couple of days have been pretty busy. I started a bigger tree job on Monday and made good progress so far. The lady had 5 red oaks that she wanted down due to oak wilt. I was able to flop most of them and blow the chips on site. Just when I thought I was done cutting she added a 6th tree last night.

She wants all the wood hauled away which without equipment means I need to cut everything up and load it by hand. I want to keep the big rounds as large as possible, as I don't intend to split it until after the 2023-2024 heating season due to the fact that I am getting over run with wood.

Bear season/ deer season is fast approaching so this will be the last big job of the year. I am hoping to get all the wood home before I head north in a couple of weeks. My wife has from tomorrow through Monday off and has let it be known that working on wood won't be on the agenda. Makes it hard to finish a job when you can't work on it ???.

Hope everyone has a good "Hump Day" stay safe and keep healthy.

Continued prayers for Eddie  :thumbsup:

Here are a couple pictures from yesterday's project.

my 43 year old Husquavarna 2100. It still purrs like a kitten and still weighs 25 pounds lol

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2979 on: Aug 30, 2023, 04:33 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                      It's 60* and raining, what else is new. ::)
                      Marv.........Good job taking down the trees. :flex: You keep a nice neat work site. Do you own a chipper? ??? :thumbsup: If Jo wants you to spend
           time together, have her help load and haul the wood home. :roflmao:
                      H2l............I hope you had a safe trip to the city and back, and your wife had a good report. :thumbsup:
                      Wally.........Good job out on Oneida lake. :clap:
                      Steve.........Thanks for the information on the insurance coverage, I will look at my bill when it comes due. :cookoo:
                      Bud ...........Is Shadow bug free?
                      Not much going on today, looks like rain off and on most of the morning. What else is new, oh I already said that. :%$#!:
                      I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safer and Healthy,

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2980 on: Aug 30, 2023, 05:30 AM »
Marv........ Do you own your own chipper??? :thumbsup: If Jo wants you to spend time together, have her help load and haul the wood home. :roflmao:
                     IW

Yes I do. Its a small one that chips up to 6" stuff.

I will pass along your suggestion to my wife :roflmao:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2981 on: Aug 30, 2023, 05:47 AM »

I will pass along your suggestion to my wife :roflmao:

WS
That's probably not a great idea right there  :nono: :whistle: :roflmao:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2982 on: Aug 30, 2023, 06:33 AM »
62* and rain but this is NEW rain.

The wife's check up went well, everything looks good. The car did start making a "funny" noise, BRAKES so the wife is off this morning to get them taken care of. Brakes and CRV's don't seem to get along.

WS, yes, hunting season will be here before long.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2983 on: Aug 30, 2023, 08:06 AM »
Good morning and welcome to page 100 🤠

Well Jeff not exactly bug free yet in addition to the flee bath and the a dose of chemical to behind his head, next he will get a rub down with coconut oil to smother them,  if he licks up the oil it’s at least good for him

On another note have another full price offer on the “North” camp house so waiting for call from my realtor to fill me in on all the details.

Nice saw Marv. Looks like my new one 😁.  BTW I put my 12 volt winch on front of the car trailer so I can load logs

Now I wait to see how the stars get aligned for next month

Best to all

Bud

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2984 on: Aug 30, 2023, 08:33 AM »
Busy few days here at work, but the Corn festival for the farmers market is tonight, so going to be a busy one again. Cannot believe we have 2 days left of August and September is here, start of Dove season and all, won't be out hunting doves until next week as we are headed to the mountain hopefully and will just chase fish and grouse around while getting the rose hips for the wife picked. Well better get back to it so I can be off on time today, have a great hump day everyone glad to see some fish and everyone getting good check ups, have a good one everyone.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2985 on: Aug 30, 2023, 09:12 AM »
62* and rain but this is NEW rain.

The wife's check up went well, everything looks good. The car did start making a "funny" noise, BRAKES so the wife is off this morning to get them taken care of. Brakes and CRV's don't seem to get along.

WS, yes, hunting season will be here before long.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l

I waited a bit long to do my brakes, finally got to them last weekend. I've had the pads for months, I'm just lazy  :whistle:  :roflmao:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2986 on: Aug 30, 2023, 08:25 PM »
Good evening some rain this morning then it cleared up and was a pleasant day. I look at the newspaper story on the west Point time capsule when they opened the box and reached inside only came out with handfuls of slit. one seem on the box had been compromised over the years. The plan now is to shift through the slit and see if it possible to identify any other materials. There also is a marker's mark on the book from a company  that was in NYC at the time of 1829 . So search to find records from this firm and see if there is any mention of a west  Point time capsule.
In other local news one of my town's police officers was struck by a car this past Sunday while directing traffic at an accident scene. The car took off but was stopped after a mile chase. The officer was at a local hospital in stable condition at time of newspaper story's release to public .
Whopper Stopper may you complete this tree job before the hunting seasons start. Plan to spend some of this Labor Day weekend with your wife to keep the peace at home. Nice job of maintaining the Husquavarna saw over the years .
Hunts2loong glad your wife received a good report from her doctors. May the brake work on the CRV not have been to costly .
IFF may your treatments rid Shadow of the bugs . I thought you had accepted an offer on the WI. property . Smart thinking adding the winch to your trailer to make loading logs an easier job .
Fish/hunt4ever may you not be to tired after work and then the corn festival . Enjoy your time on the mountain this weekend .
Zcm-82 may things have cooled down and dried out by you. May all go well replacing the brakes on your car.

Take care stay safe and healthy. best to all fishing.
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2987 on: Aug 31, 2023, 05:36 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It's 45* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                     Marv..........Good idea not asking jo to help with the wood roundup. :roflmao: Have you ever thought of selling any of the wood? ???
                     Bud............Like Steve I thought you accepted an offer, what happened to that? ???
                     H2l.............If your wife's car sits around too long rust builds up on the rotors and makes noise. :whistle: The guy guy that does my brakes puts
           Neverseize on all the slides so that there isn't any chance of the brakes hanging up and wearing out too quickly. :flex: I don't see other places doing it. :%$#!:
                     Eddie...........I hope you are recovering well, Alway thinking about you my friend. :flex:
                     Zcm............When brakes start to go that's when to change them, it cost to much money to replace everything. :blink:
                     Steve..........That's a shame that the time capsule had leaked. :cookoo:
                     Wally...........I see the weather guessers are calling for some hot weather for this weekend into next week. :clap:
                     After a rainy morning yesterday it cleared up nicely.
                     I hope everyone has a good THursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2988 on: Aug 31, 2023, 05:42 AM »
Morning all,

WS......maybe a couple days of fishing for MrsWS and your s-i-l over the weekend while you tackle things at the shack  ??? 

H2L....glad the NYC trip went well  :thumbsup: sorry to hear about the brakes  :( 

IW.....fingers crossed your blood work doesn't postpone the surgery  :unsure:

Eddie....made a run to Pulaski yesterday to Fat Nancy's, saw a few guys fishing the river  ;)2

Drifter....hope your "vacation" is going well and all is still good at home/the cabin  ;)

Going to the state fair today, like to watch some of the horse shows they have  :)  and of course for the food  :woot:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2989 on: Aug 31, 2023, 06:04 AM »
50* and sunny. Hitting the water on Friday, before the big weekend.

IW, the CRV doesn't sit very much. They ended up putting new rotors and calipers on it.

WW, Amber and Luis went to the Fair yesterday. Have fun and it looks like you are beating the "heat", going to get warm over the weekend into next week.

Got some work to do around the house today, the wife is picking up my sister on Friday to come for a visit.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l

Eddie, thoughts are with you!
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2990 on: Aug 31, 2023, 07:50 AM »
Good morning. Steve, Jeff yes the first accepted offer fell apart now have another 🤠

Still hauling logs to the farm is on tap for today, and a couple errands to run should pretty much round out my day

Take care all coffee is still on 🤠
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2991 on: Aug 31, 2023, 08:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, my wife is home today so we’re going to take Mr Dickens to the Cathedral of the Pines this morning. It’s like taking a kid. Have to get him munchkins for after his walk.

IFF, Hopefully the second offer goes thru.

Hunts2long, Thats good you got the brakes fixed. Glad the trip to the city went well.

WallyWorld, Have a good time at the fair. Horse shows are always fun to watch.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a good day.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2992 on: Aug 31, 2023, 07:22 PM »
Good evening. Got another load to cut up and split

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2993 on: Aug 31, 2023, 09:07 PM »
Good evening, pleasant day with a high near 75 and light breeze throughout the day. Another article on the West Point time capsule in today's newspaper. Upon further examination of the dust and slit in the box a commemorative medal and six coins were found. The medal was from 1826 and marked the completion and opening of the Erie Canal considered a 19 TH century engineering marvel. here is a break down of the coins A liberty dollar dated 1800,50 cent coin dated 1828,25 cent coin dated 1818,10 cent coin dated 1827,5 cent coin dated 1795 and a one cent coin dated 1827 . So nothing they can actually say with certainty that it belonged to Robert E. Lee .
If any of you have family/friends in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas may the be safe and have suffered only minimal damage from the hurricane. I see another Hurricane franklin caused flooding along the coast line of New jersey and the NYC Burrough of Staten Island .
Ice Wanderer may it still be a go for your surgery .
Wallyworld i hope the two of you enjoyed the horse shows and food at the NY. state fair .
Hunts2long best wished for you tomorrow out on the water. may your sister have problem free travel to your home and it be a good visit for all of you .
IFF thank you for the explanation on WI. property .
Icefisher-45 may all of you have enjoy your day at cathedral of the Pines .
Drifter when you get a minute please respond to this topic started by member Mtkeely concerning your cabin build. it is titled What happened to that cabin build he started it on August 30 TH. you will see a reply from me directing him to the 9:45 thread so he could read some of your more recent posts. Ditto Wallyworld's comment may you be doing well and your home and cabin still spared from the wildfires .
Eddie may you be feeling god with each passing day .
Whopper Stopper assume it was a busy day trying to get things done at the tree job .

Stay safe ,keep healthy. best wished for all fishing.
  Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2994 on: Sep 01, 2023, 04:55 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello, off to the lake this morning  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2995 on: Sep 01, 2023, 05:43 AM »
47* and clear, going to be a cool start this morning....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2996 on: Sep 01, 2023, 07:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 53* here and sunny. Mr Dickens enjoyed himself at the Cathedral. For some reason he likes walking around and running around at the Cathedral and the Church.

Hunts2long, It’s nice the weather is starting to cool down.

WallyWorld, Good luck on the lake today.

IFF, You do stay busy

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2997 on: Sep 01, 2023, 07:54 AM »
I-45 yeah only problem is it hasn’t included any fishing 😂

Well lots of tinkering to do this morning, get the logs uploaded, amongst other things, dang list keep growing  :: 

Coffee cups about empty so May as well get on with it while it’s on the cooler side

Enjoy your day
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2998 on: Sep 01, 2023, 09:08 PM »
Good evening another pleasant day with high temperature in the mid. seventies .
Wallyworld i will check tomorrow for any photos and report on today's fishing trip. Assume you went to either Oneida or Delta lakes .

hunts2long morning have also been cooler her lately taking it as a sign fall is approaching .
Icefisher-45 nice to read Mr. Dickens enjoyed the trip to Cathedral of the Pines .
IFF may you have crossed an item or two off of your to do list today .

May everyone have a nice and safe Labor Day weekend. Best to all fishing over the holiday .
   Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2999 on: Sep 02, 2023, 05:19 AM »
Good morning everyone: bow:

73 degrees heading to 93 by midafternoon. The next couple of days we will be close to 100, but it will be a nice dry heat according to the guessers ???

The past few days have been grueling to say the least. Yesterday the girls gave me a hand and I was able to finish my latest tree job. I will be close to be close to two full cords once it is all split and stacked next spring. I was only home for a couple hours when I got a message from the Gun Club saying they have more trees for me to cut. I'm still debating if I want to mess with it next week or just do it in the late fall.

IW...You had asked if "I had ever considered selling any wood?" Years ago, I sold some every year, usually around 80 full cords a season. I decided at that time it was way more work and hassle than it was worth. I know for dry delivered oak I could get $350 a full cord, which sounds appealing, but those days are long gone with my body Lol

45...Nice seeing you posting again.

WW...Hope the day on the water was productive :thumbsup:

Next weekend will be all about getting bear camp set up. Once again, the high heat in the coming days will be shutting things down some. I really hope I am lucky enough to at least see a couple to get a shot at when I take to the stand on the 13th.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.