Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219147 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2610 on: Jul 14, 2023, 06:28 AM »
64* and some fog.

WW, good luck today. That was what it was like here early Tuesday, no wind at all early, about 10 or so a breeze picked up but then in did get very HOT, very FAST. Yesterday afternoon there were some real good 2 to 3 footers rolling at the bridge. Would not have wanted to be out there in my boat.

Thanks for the well wishes for the wife, today she has her MRI done.

IW, we didn't get hit over here but did hear a lot of thunder, so someone did. Lights went off and on a few times.

Drifter, sorry to hear you had to redo some of your work.

Eddie, hope you found some bass.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2611 on: Jul 14, 2023, 08:35 AM »
Well depending on how the wife and kiddos feel might hit the lake a couple days this weekend, might take the wife out for the anniversary dinner as we have been married for a few years this weekend, I think we are going on like 22 years being together from the first date back in 2001 or something like that and got married in 2005, oh how the years fly by.  The hot air balloons are up for their flight around here as well since the rendezvous weekend always falls on our anniversary.  have a good one everyone stay safe in all the heat around.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2612 on: Jul 14, 2023, 06:09 PM »
A great day on the water today!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2613 on: Jul 14, 2023, 06:55 PM »
A great day on the water today!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: ;)2 :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2614 on: Jul 14, 2023, 08:40 PM »
Good evening, some rumbles of thunder and flashes of lighting in the distance. rain falling once again after having thunderstorms over night and period of steady rain this morning. I believe tomorrow or sunday we receive a break from the rain then back to several days with chance of rain showers and T-storms.
I saw a news report this morning after the commander of core of cadets and the bases garrison commander conducted a tour including by air their conclusion this not 'to bad " at West Point. Some buildings damaged from water entering them ,parts of athletic fields close to Hudson River damaged. currently only one area road open leading to the base. They ask you not to head to West Point unless you have official business. Also do not take any side roads GPS or other device tells you to take the open road goes past where incoming class of cadets are training currently part of their training involves "live-fire' exercises . So don't want anyone driving into a fire fight. The neighboring towns/villages of Highland Falls and Fort Montgomery starting cleanup like West point hard for residents as limited open roads. Currently route 9W south bound is closed after Highland Falls exit. The Bear Mountain traffic circle and I assume bridge still closed to traffic. This plus other road closures creating problems for employees of West Point now having to travel additional distances to get to work. It is hoped by the end of coming week all roads with the exception of route 9W south of Highland Falls will be open to traffic. I was correct in posting that passenger rail lines on east side of Hudson river used by metro-north and Amtrack are now back in service.
Ice Wanderer good to hear the firewood processing is finished for now and cutting/splitting area has been cleaned. congrats on getting out to do some fishing at Great Sacandaga. Once you were able to inspect your property today may there have been no damage from the overnight storms. The same also wished for your sons and their families.
Hunts2long good to read all went well with your wife's MRI . Guess you got lucky in having to reschedule the one appointment so missed all the activity and people in Saratoga for opening day of the horse racing track.
IFF to bad your former employer does not work on generators any more and did not have parts. Bummer to read the inverter you have did not work with the coffee pot. may all of you not be to drained after today's memorial service. Best to you with remainder of the journey to Washington.
Wallyworld congratulations to both of you on some good days of fishing. Always nice when both members of the fishing party are able to catch the daily limit on a species of fish.  :clap: :thumbsup:
OldSailor I agree with your comment depending on one's stage of life we look forward or back and say I wish as I was older or younger. Glad to hear you have a visiting nurse and the visits are helping you shake the pneumonia. Ditto I.W.'s words my dad had pneumonia back in the Summer of 2022 took him until late October to get recovered and even then still struggled on some days.
Eddie sorry to hear your garden took another hit from the Sunday storms. If your extended forecast is similar to mine coming week will not help if the weather guessers are correct. It will be a few years before Mr. Mongelli gets up to the LA. Dodger team or the "Big Leagues" . Believe he is reporting to one of the Dodgers class A teams in Arizona . Did you catch any bass and get your lawn mowed yesterday .
Whopper Stopper glad you got the cotton wood tree down safely they can grow quite large.Nice that you have a friend with a stump grinder and that he was able to get a job grinding the cotton wood's stump. I hope all the Craig's list people show up to take the wood. Best to you in being able to maintain current schedule of tree jobs and helping out your sister plus getting in trips to the "shack to rebait the bear bait piles and check game camera footage .
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations and happy Anniversary to your wife and you.  :clap: :clap: My sister and B-I-L celebrate their 30 Th on the Seventeenth.
Drifter almost forgot you sorry to hear you had extra work to perform in having to flip the racks that hold solar panels. may you get some calm days so you can get the panels you have at cabin installed. hopefully you receive the L-brackets needed to complete the job. better outcome wished for you next lake trout fishing trip.

Among my E-mails today was message from cousin I got phone call from the other day with details for her parents surprise 50Th anniversary party . I replied that i plan to attend also said I was glad her phone call brought good news.

The last unexpected phone call I received was back in early April from sister of my long time and best friend to inform me of her brother's death. So was very happy to hear this cousin is doing well and get the party invite. this cousin is the oldest granddaughter of my great aunt whom I've mentioned a few times over the years in this thread. My aunt's daughter is one celebrating 50 years of marriage with her husband.

Take care, stay healthy. best to all fishing have a good weekend.
   Stephen

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2615 on: Jul 15, 2023, 05:40 AM »
65* and fog again this morning.

WW, a great day on the water. I hear things are picking up out that way.

Mr. C, we have been lucky around here, been getting rain but not like to the South and the NE of us. I see they closed the gates at the dam because the Hudson is running high, Sacandaga is down just over a foot from normal.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2616 on: Jul 15, 2023, 06:00 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......hope the memorial service/gathering brought lots of good memories for all  ;)  no coffee is not good  :nono:

H2L....same here with the rain/storms, just enough to keep things green  ;)

MrC.....what a surprise the party will be  :thumbsup:

IW.....hope there was no damage in your area  :unsure:

WS.....don't forget to pencil in some r&r on that to do list  :whistle:  glad the back is "back"  ;D

Eddie.....it's challenging to find a dry spell to get the mowing done with all the pop up showers all the time  ::)

OS.....continued wishes for a complete recovery  :)

What a sunrise this morning  :thumbsup:

Mowing on the agenda later  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2617 on: Jul 15, 2023, 04:37 PM »

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2618 on: Jul 15, 2023, 05:25 PM »
Bud
Temps have been getting into the mid to high 80's at the cabin.  Mid to high 70's today with some cloud cover so it was quite nice for working on the roof.

Got 4 of my 16 panels mounted before the wind picked up and made it unsafre for handling them.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2619 on: Jul 15, 2023, 06:02 PM »
WS.....apparently that bear has quite the sweet tooth  :roflmao: the fawn is SO tiny, adorable little critter  :thumbsup:  thank you for sharing  :bow:

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2620 on: Jul 15, 2023, 06:53 PM »
Well day on the water found some fish to play

Have a great weekend everyone. Hopefully more water time tomorrow out to dinner now.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2621 on: Jul 16, 2023, 05:31 AM »
71* and rain, lots of rain.

WS, great video. Those bears make it so easy to move those logs, unless maybe the "bugs" are helping, lots of bugs. Thanks for sharing.

Drifter, good to see that the panels are going up in place.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2622 on: Jul 16, 2023, 05:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 65* and raining here on my hill. ::)
                              Marv.........I agree with Wally, about the bears sweet tooth. :roflmao: He must have rubbed some on his fur with all the flies around
                   him and the scratching he's doing. :whistle:
                              Wally........What a good day you and Mr. WW had fishing. :flex:
                              Steve.......You guys got hammered down there just like parts of Vermont. :cookoo:
                              H2l...........I would think with all the rain the lake would be up to normal flow. :blink:
                              Bud..........It's never easy going to memorial services for relatives, I hope there were some good memories shared. :(
                              Fish..........You didn't have a bad day out either. :thumbsup:
                              Eddie........I hope you are able to get your lawn mowed between storms. :unsure:
                              Dave.........It's tough to get panels on the roof when the wind blows. :whistle:
                              Yesterday my neighbor and I did some mowing in the morning and was done at noon. I came home to get mine done before todays rain.
                              I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2623 on: Jul 16, 2023, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....some light rain here too, good for the garden  ;)

IW.....good to hear you got your mowing done yesterday   :flex:

WS.....fingers crossed your shack neighbor doesn't spy on your video  :nono:

FH4......good luck if you're hitting the water again today  :)

Drifter.....hope the weather lets you get the rest of your panels up  :unsure:

Nothing much planned yet, looks like rain most of the day  ::)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2624 on: Jul 16, 2023, 07:38 AM »

Good Morning ER's  a lot of nice catches congtrats to all. I finally got around to getting my license; so hopefully get out fishing sometime. Dropped into the junk store scored a new pack of sponge bobbers for 1 cent the clerk said he had a penny on the cash register so I gave him a quarter and walked out a happy shopper again.

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2625 on: Jul 16, 2023, 10:11 PM »
Not a bad day for our anniversary but it was a little hot on the water. Came home filleted the fish and then fixed the irrigation pump for the sprinklers as they say we could be around 95 tomorrow. Have a good start to the week everyone.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2626 on: Jul 17, 2023, 04:17 AM »
Morning all,

FH4....happy anniversary  :thumbsup:

Heading to the lake this morning, will check back later  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2627 on: Jul 17, 2023, 05:10 AM »
64* and foggy.

WW, good luck.

F/H4, some nice walleyes. I can't get over how light colored they are out your way.

Not sure what my plans are for today, be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2628 on: Jul 17, 2023, 05:37 AM »

Happy Birthday IW
               WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2629 on: Jul 17, 2023, 06:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy and 64*, high of 85 here today.

Lost a lengthy post on Saturday, we were without power again on Friday twice with those nasty passing thunderstorms.
  I received a message from Steve (Mr. Clean) Saturday night that his computer is acting up again and he may be absent from posting for a little while. Also, he mentioned Happy Birthday wishes for Jeff today.

Marv…awesome video, will share that one with the boys!   :clap:
  Wally…best of luck to Team WW today dialing in on those walleyes again!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…Happy belated anniversary and great job on the catching again!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  OG…good luck with the fishing and nice score on the floats!    :thumbsup:
  Jeff…glad you didn’t lose power or have any damage from those passing storms, saw your area was in the path of getting hammered as well.  :thumbsup:
  Dave…the panels are looking good, hopefully the weather cooperates to keep plugging along getting the rest of them in place…best of luck and stay safe on the roof!   :thumbsup:

Was on the road very early yesterday morning to meet up with my sons and head West for our fishing trip on Cayuga Lake. Was up at 1am and out the door at 2:30 after getting things ready and whipping up a half dozen breakfast burritos for the 3 hour ride, lol.
  Weather was a little screwy on the ride out, driving in and out of some fairly heavy rain, but we made it safely and on time to the launch area. Breezy start heading out and 1-2’ waves, but mild temperatures and no rain…stayed like that most of the trip with just a few quick passing drizzles. Started off a little slow but eventually the bite turned on pretty decent and we got into some rainbows and lakers.
  Our guide was a nice young guy still getting his business off the ground, believe this is his second year on his own. Knowledgeable and worked hard on putting us on fish…no complaints and we all had a good time!  We were targeting most of the fish suspended in the column over 100-230’. Had a double digit day of catching and we lost several that came unbuttoned. All in all, it was a great trip with my sons and we scratched the itch of finally fishing on one of the Finger Lakes.  ;D   Cawfee’s still on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2630 on: Jul 17, 2023, 07:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 60* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Marv.........Thank you for the birthday greeting this morning. :clap:
                           Eddie........Sounds like a great fishing trip. :thumbsup: It's nice that some younger people are getting into the guide service. :clap:
                           Wally........I hope your day on the water is successful. :flex:
                           Fish..........Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. :clap:
                           OG...........I hope your fishing is productive. :thumbsup:
                           H2l...........Any fishing plans this week? ???
                           Not much going on today, maybe a trip to my friends to get some more summer wood.
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2631 on: Jul 17, 2023, 09:59 AM »
IW…….happy birthday!!!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2632 on: Jul 17, 2023, 10:01 AM »
IW....... HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many more!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2633 on: Jul 17, 2023, 10:43 AM »
Happy birthday Jeff..✌️✌️✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2634 on: Jul 17, 2023, 06:02 PM »

That was it for today, had some engine problems and had to limp back to the launch on the kicker motor with no steering. Turned out to be a blown fuse.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2635 on: Jul 17, 2023, 06:28 PM »
Glad you made it back in with no other problems WW :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2636 on: Jul 17, 2023, 06:33 PM »
WS......thank you sir  :bow: :bow:  I was pretty happy to step on the dock  :whistle:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2637 on: Jul 18, 2023, 05:53 AM »
66* and either haze or smoke. Smoke got pretty bad yesterday.

IW, hope you enjoyed your birthday, sorry to have missed it. Hoping to get out on Thursday.

WW, one is better than none and glad you made it back OK. Now that I only have 1 motor on the boat I think about it alot more. I also put a $20 bill in my jig box, just in case.

Eddie, glad you enjoyed the trip out to Cayuga Lake. The Finger Lakes are very nice and are pretty good fishing spots.

Well, the wife thinks I am getting OLD. A couple weeks ago I fell out of bed, only bumped my nose on the nightstand, no jokes please. Well this morning I did it again. This time I must have caught my foot on the side rail and I torn my big toe toenail off. I do know I was dreaming about playing golf, which I haven't done since the late 60's. I gave it up so that I could fish more.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2638 on: Jul 18, 2023, 05:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 62 and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You guy are the best family a man can have. :thumbsup:
                         Wally.........Im's sorry to read about the engine problem, glad you could limp in on the kicker motor. :flex:
                         Not much going on today, the guessers are saying rain. What's new. :cookoo:
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2639 on: Jul 18, 2023, 06:08 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....congrats on the fishing trip, sounds like a great time  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IW.....this rain every other day is getting pretty old  :%$#!: 

H2L....funny thing about the motor mishap is on our last outing we towed a boat that lost power back to the launch, both of us saying you never know when that could be us  :blink:  glad you weren't seriously hurt by the falls  :pinch:

WS....hope all is well and you're taking a couple minutes each day to catch your breath   :whistle:

Hazy smoke filled skies again today, hopefully the predicted rain helps clear it out  :unsure:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.