Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219284 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1530 on: Feb 27, 2023, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fair skies and 20*, high of 31 today. Picked up another inch or so of snow last night, calling for 5-8”  to fall this evening.

Jeff…good luck to you and Jon today, hope the ice is in good shape and the bite is on!  :tipup:  Sorry to read the snowblower fix went deeper than expected, hope the shop wraps it up quickly for you.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…outstanding job on the sturgeon updates and some really great reads!!  :bow:  They had a good wrap to the season yesterday and with all the crazy weather, the numbers weren’t off too badly all things considered. Sucks you didn’t get any ice time this season, what a screwed up season for so many. Here’s to better days next season!   :thumbsup: :icefish:
  Tom…similar conditions here with that ice covered snow, what a PITA! I made a a large runway for my dogs yesterday and sounded like my snowblower was chewing rocks, lol. Hope the power is close to being restored for everyone, very sad story about the fireman, dang.
  Wally…sounds like you had one of those white knuckle ride’s to and from the B’Day party! Glad you made it safely to and from… :clap: :thumbsup:  Haven’t been to Boonville in quite a few years, we used to rent a camp there when my kids were younger. Black River was pretty good fishing.
  H2..hope you and the team swept the points last evening!  :thumbsup:
  Steve….hope all is well, is that new computer acting up?

Didn’t get to work on my truck yesterday, had a surprise visit from my granddaughter for a few hours. Have the replacement part so it’s just a matter of time before swapping them out. Dr.’s appointment at 11am today, so doubtful it will happen today, maybe tomorrow after the snow removal, lol.
  Not certain how the local ice conditions are now with the recent snow and colder temps, hoping for one more trip yet but with another dumping coming tonight that may be it for me this season. February is almost in the books…looking forward to Spring again!   Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1531 on: Feb 27, 2023, 05:50 AM »
17* and clear.

Eddie, good luck at the Doctors. Saw a couple guys out on the ice yesterday by Sport Island.

WS, No turkeys last night but I did have at least 6 doubles. I bowled pretty good, 172, 162 and 152 in that order. We won 1 of 4 points. We have a solid lock on 5th place with 4 weeks to go.

Have to take the Jeep in to have Fuel Sensor worked on. Hopefully they will fix it this time.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1532 on: Feb 27, 2023, 06:45 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

32 degrees with rain coming down. The roads are icing up and just East of us in WI they are expecting some power outages due to heavy ice on the power lines. Looking at the traffic reports this morning a few  :cookoo: in the jungle are playing bumper cars this morning.

TT...Thanks for the link for the Michigan TV program :thumbsup:

IW...Best wishes sent for a good day on the ice :icefish:

Eddie...I am with you on being ready for Spring. I have been trying not to think about it as March is about guaranteed to bring a couple good snow dumpings. Good luck at the Dr. today buddy :thumbsup:

h2l...Sounds like a good night of bowling :thumbsup: Hope they get the sensor fixed for you today :thumbsup:

WW.. Have you ever wanted a purebread cat? Lol Hope your day is a good one :thumbsup:

Pretty well stuck inside today with the rain coming down. Looks like a cloth and a can of Pledge will keep me busy today.

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1533 on: Feb 27, 2023, 08:15 AM »

Good morning ER's raining here maybe it will remove the ice off the last half off driveway spud has worked well but lifting shovel after that has been brutal

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1534 on: Feb 27, 2023, 08:24 AM »
I am not looking forward to today. The guessers are calling for everything. Rain, Freezing Rain, Sleet, and Snow! The wife has an eye appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I told her to cancel it and get it closer to home.

I got looking at all 8 of our appointments in March. I noticed she had an appointment with her hand doctor on the 28th to get the rest of her staples out of her elbow. They took part of them out on Feb 20th. If they don't remove the rest until the 28th of March they will be grown in.

eddie I have blown a few actual rocks when I was blowing my mailbox out. One time a big rock got into the second stage of my blower locking it up. I had to beat on the second stage to get it out. I blow the shoulder of the road where the plow approaches my driveway. It helps keep the plows from plugging my drive. That reminds me I need to put seafoam in the blower gas I bought yesterday.

I better get some breakfast. Then I will see what trouble I can get into with the wife. Maybe doing some dusting will keep me out of trouble. Marv You want to come here with your Pledge when I get the dusting done?

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1535 on: Feb 27, 2023, 09:35 AM »
Well changed a few things around on the machine as the run yesterday looked bad, but the run over night looked really good. Starting to get things in order. Man oh man how much time a guy can work when you do not want to just go and hang out in the hotel room. Only turned in 131.5 hours for the last 2 weeks. Only had about 45.5 hours the first week. Had a tornado watch here last night and it looks like the wind blew some dirt around as the car was dusted over good, and then I found out the windshield washer fluid is either out or does not pump on this rental car, just have not popped the hood to find put. Only 4 more days before heading out on Friday to meet the wife in Denver for the day then go home. Hopefully I will have gotten enough data and all done for the boss. Well have a great Friday everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1536 on: Feb 27, 2023, 09:55 AM »
T'was a beautiful, warm weekend here.
Too bad I spent it hopped up on pills, lying on the couch.  :'(

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1537 on: Feb 27, 2023, 09:58 AM »
Morning all,

WS....love the purebread kitty  :roflmao: :woot:   when you're done at TT's I can give you directions to get here with your dustrag :whistle:

FH4.....hope the week passes quickly  ;)

IW.....hopefully the fish are feeding before tonight's storm  :icefish:

H2L.....how many more weeks of bowling are left  ???

Eddie.....fingers crossed the doctor has good news for you today  ;)2

TT.....be careful with all that nasty weather, hopefully you don't lose power  :-\

Drifter....sorry to hear you're still under the weather  :(  feel better soon

Beautiful day, sunny and calm, too bad it's only the calm before the storm that's coming tonight  ::)  Seen guesses of anywhere from 3" to 12" then another round is scheduled for Friday  :%$#!:  this should have been January's weather, not March's  :nono:

Had my brother over for supper last night, did pepper steak in the crock pot served over noodles, corn bread and chocolate lasagna for dessert
before

after

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1538 on: Feb 27, 2023, 10:22 AM »
It only took a few minutes and everything is ice. The wife had made a quick run to town to get some groceries before the ice started. By the time she got home, it was nasty. I had trouble getting the storm door open as the push button on it was iced over. I need to get the mail as I should have a package. I guess I need to skate to the garage and see if I can find my ice creepers.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1539 on: Feb 27, 2023, 04:21 PM »
Just had to cancel my solar panel order.
Seems they couldn't ship at the cost I was quoted and paid.
Original cost to ship was $197 which I thought was fair and well priced.
Just got an email stating that none of their shipping partners could ship for the quoted price and that the cheapest they could find third party was $1354.55.
I have asked them to check with a shipper I use so we'll see what happens.   ::)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1540 on: Feb 27, 2023, 04:37 PM »
Just had to cancel my solar panel order.
Seems they couldn't ship at the cost I was quoted and paid.
Original cost to ship was $197 which I thought was fair and well priced.
Just got an email stating that none of their shipping partners could ship for the quoted price and that the cheapest they could find third party was $1354.55.
I have asked them to check with a shipper I use so we'll see what happens.   ::)

:cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1541 on: Feb 27, 2023, 08:22 PM »
Man that stinks drifter, hope that they find the solution and get you your panels you want at the price quoted, maybe a little cheaper with the mess up.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1542 on: Feb 28, 2023, 04:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 17& and snowing here on my hill. ::)
                        Eddie..........I hope your Dr,'s appointment went well. :thumbsup: I agree about snow blowing the icy crust sounding like rocks going
              through the blower. :blink:
                         Marv..........I love the "Pure Bread". lol :roflmao: Hopefully you can get your house dusted so you can get to puttering in the garage. :whistle:
              Thank you for keeping us posted on the Sturgeon tournament. :flex:
                         Wally.........That sounded like a nice dinner you put together for your brother. :clap:
                         H2l............You did very well with your bowling, too bad your team only took 1 point. :whistle:
                         Tom...........I hope you can find a Dr. closer for your wife's exam. :unsure:
                         Dave..........I hope you are feeling better soon. :flex: You have some things to do at the Cabin. :blink:
                         Fish...........I'm glad things are coming together with the test. :clap: Have a nice time in Denver with your wife. :thumbsup:
                         Well the fishing was pretty good yesterday. Jon and I were the only ones out for the longest time. We fished near a spot wher we found
                poles of small perch left on the ice, why does anyone do that. CRAZY.  But we got into the Perch and weeded though the small ones and each of
                brought home a good mess of them.
                         The snow is only about an inch and a half here now so snow blowing detail will be put off till later today.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW
                         OG............Hopefull y you can get the ice off your driveway. :unsure:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1543 on: Feb 28, 2023, 05:28 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  23* and steady snow falling here this am, looks like about 6” waiting so far, high of 35 today.

Jeff..Dr. appointment went well yesterday, thank you! Glad you and Jon found some decent ice and had a good day of catching!  :clap:  I don’t understand why people do that either with the fish. We found the same thing a few times fishing at Harris…piles of small perch and pumpkinseeds.  :cookoo:
  H2…nice job on the lanes!  :clap:  Hope the Jeep was taken care of yesterday, so many dang sensor’s on the vehicles today!
  Marv…nice looking purebread, and no litter box required!  :roflmao:  Hope the “inside job” went well yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  OG…similar conditions here, Epsom salt bath seems to be a good fix afterwards, lol. Hope you got the best of your driveway yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Tom…hope the nasty mix of weather doesn’t knock out your power! Smart idea on canceling today’s appointment!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…glad you’re seeing some better results, good luck with the rest of the week getting things on track!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…pepper steak sounds real good, haven’t had that in ages! A fine looking batch of chocolate lasagna for dessert…I’m sure the boys appreciated that!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave…man, that really sucks about the solar panels!! Hope you receive some better news today on that today and get them at the quoted price…best wishes sent your way!   :thumbsup:

Just getting ready to hit the driveway and stairs with round one…check back later to see how everyone is doing!
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1544 on: Feb 28, 2023, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

OG.....the ice in driveways/yards has been horrible, hope you were able to get it cleared up  :flex:

Drifter....hopefully the dealer can get your panels shipped at the quoted price  :-\

IW....glad you and Jon were able to get enough perch for a meal  :clap:

Eddie....glad to hear the doctor's appointment went well yesterday  :thumbsup: MrWW was born & raised in Boonville, still has family there  ;)

WS.....hope your polishing passed the white glove test  ;D

TT.....fingers crossed you aren't dealing with any major problems from the storm  :unsure:

H2L.....those sensor issues seem never ending  ::)

Not sure how much snow has fallen, winds are blowing it around pretty good, must be a huge pile somewhere to the west since it's coming down sideways from the east  :roflmao:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1545 on: Feb 28, 2023, 06:56 AM »
20* and light snow, looks like maybe 3" so far. No one had to get out early today so may wait awhile to clear it.

Drifter, at that price you think they would install them. Hope you are feeling better..

WS. like the "pure bread".

WW, pepper steak sounds good, we had Salsbury steak last night. (venison) Only 4 weeks of bowling remaining.

The fix on the fuel sensor was, wrong voltage going to it. They had to remove back seat and floor panels to get to it.

Cancelled Scout's grooming for this morning because of the predicted "STORM" of the century.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1546 on: Feb 28, 2023, 02:27 PM »
They offered me 7% off and a free smart watch.
I don't even wear watches anymore.  :-\
Also they were going to only ship one pallet at that price which would leave me 3 panels short for my array.   ::)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1547 on: Mar 01, 2023, 03:50 AM »
Welcome to March will be taking boat and daughter out this morning to wet some lines and see what we get in the boat. That is before the rain moves into the area.

Bummer on the shipping costs Dave.  Where are they coming from ???

Will leave the coffee on

Best to all with your day
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1548 on: Mar 01, 2023, 04:17 AM »

Thanks for leaving the coffee on Bud. Hope you and your daughter catch a nice bunch today. The driveway ice is gone now I did a lot of mini shifts on it.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1549 on: Mar 01, 2023, 04:40 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 17* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                       H2l........How did the wrong voltage get to the sensor, it worked before, or did the Gremlins get in there. :roflmao:
                       Bud.......I hope you have a good trip with your daughter on the water. :thumbsup:
                       OG........I'm glad to hear that you got the ice removed from your driveway. :flex:
                       Marv......How did the dusting detail go? ???
                       Eddie....I'm glad you appointment went well, did the Dr. remember to shake your hand. :thumbsup:
                       Wally.....Booneville is always mentioned in weather reports, it seems to get a lot of snow. :whistle:
                       Dave.....I don't get how they quoted you a price that they won't honor it. :%$#!: Most places hold a quote for 30 days. But with the ever changing
               prices, I guess they can do whatever they want. :cookoo:
                       Tom......I hope your area didn't receive too bad of the weather to cause a power outage.
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday eitherat work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1550 on: Mar 01, 2023, 05:07 AM »
Quick post to wish Raquettedacker a Happy Birthday as we share the same date. I know what I am getting for my 80th birthday. I have to leave in a while to get it. An MRI. Not looking forward to it as m mind does not like going into that tunnel.

We finally got our power back on late yesterday afternoon.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1551 on: Mar 01, 2023, 05:10 AM »
22* and clear. We ended up with about 5" of snow.

IW, I spoke too soon, my fuel senor warning light came back one yesterday. That's twice they have looked at it. I will call them again today.

Have to take the wife to Saratoga Hospital for a procedure this morning.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TT and RAQ!!!
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1552 on: Mar 01, 2023, 05:22 AM »
Happy birthday Tom. Have a great day.
 Good luck with the MRI.
I’m getting ready for work. >:(
Everyone else also have a great day…

Dom✌️✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1553 on: Mar 01, 2023, 05:31 AM »
Good Morning Bud, OG, Dom, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to March!  :clap:   Fairly calm 22* to start the day, might see some snow again this afternoon, high of 35.

Dom/Tom…Happy Birthday fellas, hope you both have a great day!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  OG..glad you were able to get all the ice cleared!  :clap:  How are your lakes holding up?
  Bud..best of luck today fishing with your daughter, hope you find them hungry!  :thumbsup:  Looking forward to the soft water season now as well.
  Dave…man, they sure didn’t offer much of a discount and still left you short on your order, that really sucks! :%$#!:  Hope your search for a new supplier works out better, good luck Sir!  :thumbsup:
  H2…glad they were able to diagnose and fix the problem on your Jeep!  :clap:  Makes one wonder how that could have happened in the first place…wrong voltage hooked up?  :cookoo:
  Wally…hope you didn’t find those snowdrifts clogging your driveway yesterday!  ;D  :thumbsup:  Imagine Mr.WW spent plenty of time fishing the Black River as a youth?
  Marv…missing those sturgeon reports, lol. Good luck on the range today if that’s on the planner!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…did you get a fish fry in last evening? Good luck today if your heading back for another round with those perch!  :thumbsup:

We ended up with about 7-8” of snow yesterday, light and fluffy and easy to snowblow/shovel which was a plus.  :thumbsup:  Guessers saying some snow later then rain/freezing rain tonight…typical March weather, lol.
  Tried to start my truck yesterday and warm it up before heading to my sons house…couldn’t get it started again. Looks like the old tarp will be coming out and a driveway fix will be on the planner this morning, lol.  Cawfee’s on Bud this morning…. ;D

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1554 on: Mar 01, 2023, 05:57 AM »
Morning all, 33° calm and clear here with a forecast high of 61. It's been pretty springlike the last few days.

I dropped the bike off at the shop Saturday for the valve job. They said yesterday or today, so I am hoping it's done today. It's supposed to turn a lot cooler for a few days starting tomorrow with a chance of snow Friday, so I'd like to have it back home in the garage before that.

Took advantage of the calm to do some shooting yesterday. Was just doing some test groups through the 375 Win, since I hadn't found a load I was real happy with for it in the fall. Found a winner, so I'll get it zeroed in and ready for deer season here soon.

Still dealing with the ID theft crap, but I've gotten a few things knocked off my credit record now, so progress is being made.

Way behind on the thread, so I'll have to catch up when I can. We have a govt audit coming up at work next week, so things have been a bit hectic getting all our ducks in a row.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1555 on: Mar 01, 2023, 06:11 AM »
Good morning Z that looks like the rifle I’ve been looking for, that a Marlin ? Or Winchester  ? Got think 80 rounds of new ammunition left over from my gun shop days

Happy birthday to the birthday boys

Now to poke the daughter to get up
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1556 on: Mar 01, 2023, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

TT/Raquette......happy birthday fellas  :thumbsup: :clap:  I'm with you TT on those dang mri machines  :pinch: :nono: :-[

IFF.....good luck, hope the boat's covered in fish slime before the rain moves in  :whistle:

Eddie.....sorry to hear you'll be working on the tarp instead of the garage, hope the fix goes well  :-\

H2L....best wishes to MrsH2 today  ;)  told ya, those sensors will drive you crazy  :wacko:

OG.....good to hear the ice clean up is done  :flex:

IW......Boonville's smack dab in the mddle of the "snow belt" area  ::)  we're usually mowing grass here before their snow is gone in the spring  :woot:

WS....fingers crossed March treats you better than February did   @)

A couple errands on the agenda today, that's about it.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1557 on: Mar 01, 2023, 06:25 AM »
Good morning Z that looks like the rifle I’ve been looking for, that a Marlin ? Or Winchester  ? Got think 80 rounds of new ammunition left over from my gun shop days

Happy birthday to the birthday boys

Now to poke the daughter to get up

It's an early Winchester 94AE XTR, very low serial number, so probably made in 1983, maybe 84.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1558 on: Mar 01, 2023, 06:54 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

32 degrees with snow coming down. When all is said and done it should only be a couple inches. Tonight the temps drop, so tomorrows refreeze ought to be good for the body shops ???

Dom/ TT....Happy Birthday to you both  :clap: :clap: :bow: TT...Hope the MRI goes well :thumbsup:

Bud...Good luck on the lake today :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

h2l...Best wishes to you wife. Safe travels :thumbsup:

IW...The dusting went well Lol. When my wife is in the house I have to use Pledge and a rag. If I dust when she is gone, I run the hose in from the garage and fire up the air compressor :whistle:

Eddie...Hope the fix goes fast. Not a garage, but the tarp has been used here a few times too :thumbsup:

WW....Thanks for the good weather wishes, please send more as the snow is coming down fairly hard at the moment ;D

Z...I had a model 94 .22 XTR that I bought in about 78 or so. I probably should have kept it but a friends son was looking for his first .22 so I gave it to him.

Yesterday my wife finally heard back from the body shop regarding her Nov 1 deer episode. The last part (a headlight) finally is in route so she is scheduled to bring it on March 20th. 

Hope everyone has a good "Hump Day" :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1559 on: Mar 01, 2023, 07:03 AM »
WS - I have a 9422 XTR, too. Mine is from 1990-ish, don't remember the exact year. I'd have to look at the S/N. My old man bought it used in the mid 90s, but never shot it.

I finally talked him into selling it to me 5 years ago or so... I had been coveting that thing for years  :roflmao: I threw a Williams peep on it, and it is a sweet little shooter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.