Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219058 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1080 on: Jan 12, 2023, 01:24 PM »
FH4 Happy Birthday Have a great day
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1081 on: Jan 12, 2023, 08:58 PM »
Good evening, raining lightly currently outside temperature is 45 will rise over night to fifty in the early morning hours. I see egg prices are a concern just happened to see an article on Avian Flu and he problems it is   killing large numbers of chickens in several states driving egg and other poultry product prices higher.
Fish/hunt4ever happy birthday. may you have no flight problems and get home to Wyoming tonight. thank you for the photo of new equipment. Pricey stuff .
Eddie happy for you glad you got to see and hold Finleigh maybe on your next visit she will be more active. Hopefully you find ice you are comfortable fishing on during the scouting trip. I have no idea what companies Gov. Hochul's husband has investments in or deals with through his work. just know roast beef is popular in Western NY, and Arby's is the fast food chain that has it on their menu.
whopper Stopper one man's trash/junk is another man's treasure.  I know in some parts of the U.S. people cut and burn before seasoning dead standing spruce trees. Guessing coal and wood combust at a similar temperature so there are stoves that can burn both fuels. Back in the 1980's my dad was thinking of getting a wood stove as a supplemental heat source for our house. one of the local fire departments hosted a info. night on wood stoves after dad and i attended he was not so hot on the idea anymore found out we would need a separate chimney for the wood stove could not combine wood stove with oil fired furnance chimney. oil and gas burn at different temperatures any creosote in chimney more likely to be ignited by temperatures from burning oil.
wallyworld may all of you be safely in Buffalo and enjoying or relaxing after the opening ceremony for the tournament. thank you for answering my question .Best to your grandson and his teammates.
Ice wanderer i learned from reading articles on jeff beck's death that he help both rod Stewart and Ronnie Woods when they were members of the jeff Beck group. Glad you and jon got out fishing and caught some rainbows to bad about the lost salmon. nice you received some eggs from Jon.
Hunts2long may Amber have heard from Luis and he be safely at his destination in California. The Chicago airport/airports are among the busiest in the U.S, so any type of delay causes a major problem. good to read your nephew and his group had a nice trip to Ohio and brought back some venison. sounds like your nephew and brother are getting ready for the coming maple syrup season.
Icefisher-45 may majority of kidney stones have exited your body. Did you wife get eggs at the food bank.

given our current economy look for food bank and local farmers to help stretch your budgets. many supermarkets donate items close to their last day of sale to food banks . A truck come to the store i work at once or twice a week to pick up items.  Also some of these programs receive federal and state funds to help them provide their services.

Keep safe try to stay healthy . best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1082 on: Jan 13, 2023, 05:06 AM »

Goo d morning ER's coffee is ready and bacon eggs help yourself.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1083 on: Jan 13, 2023, 05:18 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 34* and light rain is falling. ::)
                           Eddie.........I hope in your scouting trip you were able to find some good ice. :unsure: This weather doesn't help. :%$#!:
                           Marv..........That's why I like my wood boiler, I can burn anything. :flex:
                           H2l............At least your nephew got to fire a gun on his trip to Ohio. :whistle: They've had some good weather to be working on
                the sugar house, at least temperature wise. :flex: Yes the deer have had it pretty easy this winter. :clap:
                           Fish ..........A Happy Belated Birthday sir.  :thumbsup: I hope you made it home with no delays. :unsure: That piece of equipment
                looks expensive. :whistle:
                           I-45..........I hope you have passed the stones by now. :unsure:
                           Wally.........I hope your trip to the tournament was just a normal drive. :blink:
                           Steve........I guess it's the Avian Flu that's driving the egg prices up, but the last time the flu hit the chickens, the prices didn't rise
                like it has now. :%$#!:
                           I didn't do much yesterday, did some house work, laundry and changed the sheet on our bed. Today is going to be a puttering day.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1084 on: Jan 13, 2023, 05:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light rain falling and 38*, warming up to 44 by noon and then dropping. Extended forecast still looking weak for good ice making temperatures here.  :cookoo:

FH4…Happy Birthday, hope your flights were on time and you had a problem free return trip home!!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Steve…thank you, believe we may be meeting up again this weekend with Finleigh.  ;D.  Probably going to pass on the ice Sunday with this weather. I’m sure we could find fishable areas but I’m just not interested playing around with the sketchy stuff at the moment.
  I-45…continued best wishes for you, hope you can Mr.Dickens out for another walk soon.   :thumbsup:
  H2…hope Luis made it to California! Read an article yesterday claiming how good our Transportation Secretary is doing..they didn’t reveal what planet that was coming from however.  :nono:  Best of luck to your brother and nephew finishing up the addition.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…congrats on the fishing, glad you got into a few trout!  :clap:  Must have been a little chilly start without the heater first thing, amazing it was only single digits up there! How was the ice thickness?
  Wally…hope the snow wasn’t an issue for you driving to Buffalo…best of luck to your grandson and the team racking up some wins!!  :thumbsup: :flex:
  Marv…send some of that cold weather East please before we start getting use to this stuff!! Feels like March again here this morning!  ;D  Hope the grocery shopping went ok, I’ll be scratching my head like you probably did yesterday today, sticker shocked!  :woot:
  OG…bacon and eggs sounds dynamite this morning!!  :clap:  How’s the fishing going?

Thanks everyone, it sure was nice finally getting to meet Finleigh and welcoming her to the family! It’s been awhile since I’ve held a newborn but it sure was a wonderful feeling again. Kind of washes all your troubles away for those few precious moments, needed that!  ;D
  Yesterday’s appointment got rescheduled for today, so off to see the Dr. this morning…certain he’ll have to be retrained again this morning, lol.  Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1085 on: Jan 13, 2023, 06:32 AM »
37* and rain.

Luis, is in CA. but it was a long day for him.

FH4, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

IW, glad you caught some fish.

The wife had a ZOOM call with her heart doctor in NYC yesterday. He adjusted some of her meds.

The lake just keeps coming up, about 7 feet above normal for this time of year. Going to be a lot of docks that will have to be replaced this year. People don't pull them up far enough. There are already 2 floating below the bridge.

I am bowling on Saturday in a fundraiser. Bowling with a guy that I played baseball with in high school, that should be fun.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1086 on: Jan 13, 2023, 06:36 AM »
  FH4 Happy Birthday  Wally hope the tournament nets some wins,  IW congrats on your outing.  I 45 hope your stones pass easily and quickly.     Eddy the fishing conditions are great fish are cooperating but there is a warm up so keeping fingers crossed. Might have to make a flip phone video for slip bob on a different post he said he was waiting for the day he sees people fishing sewer grates    we got one here and the fish are always there plus I can try out the mini camera after that who knows

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1087 on: Jan 13, 2023, 07:30 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

19 degrees we have a nice warm up coming. I am looking forward to seeing some of the snow level go down.

IW...Enjoy your day of puttering :thumbsup: When do you head back to the lake ???

Eddie...Best of luck with your Dr visit today. Keep the pressure on him :thumbsup:

WW...Hope the trip went well. I am guessing you are already in your seats cheering the team on :clap: :clap:

h2l...Sounds like a fun fundraiser, it will be fun to meet up with someone from your high school days :thumbsup:

I a going to change it up today and break out my snowshoes. I want to head to the shack eventually and take a spin but need to give my legs a test run or two.

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Best of luck if on the ice :icefish:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1088 on: Jan 13, 2023, 08:01 AM »
Happy birthday Fish guess we almost share the same date ??? Mine is the 11th

I got to spend mine shopping for a smaller chainsaw the dealer is waiting for the manufacturer to respond. I was told theres new saws have computers in them ??? And that there’s a code reader that would know all sorts of information.

Other than that I spent the day looking into a space suitable for a cafe in town. Daughter is thinking she wants to open a breakfast/coffee shop.  That what she went to college for. Trained as a chief

Little change in the weather thunderstorms yesterday and maybe looking At snow later today

OG. Bacon and eggs sounds good too me   I should make myself my killer omelette

Oh just looked outside and it turned to snow last night

Best to all with what ever
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1089 on: Jan 13, 2023, 09:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 50* here and cloudy. Went and saw the urologist today and am scheduled to have a stent placed this afternoon. Hopefully that will help the stone pass. My wife had to take the day off.

IFF, Happy Belated Birthday, seems like everything has computers in it. Hopefully you were able to find a place for your daughter’s business.

WallyWorld, Good luck to your grandson today.

Whopper Stopper, Have fun snowshoeing.

Hunts2long, Charity sounds like it will be fun.

MasonEddie, It’s amazing how calming it is to hold a newborn. Hope your Dr doesn’t need to be retrained. My urologist always walks in the room and shakes my hand.

Ice Wanderer, Have a great day puttering around the house.

Old Goat, Bacon and eggs sound good.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1090 on: Jan 13, 2023, 10:10 AM »
IFF….happy belated birthday!!

Game 1 done first loss of the tournament, try again later this evening.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1091 on: Jan 13, 2023, 10:27 AM »
Happy birthday Fish guess we almost share the same date ??? Mine is the 11th

Happy belated Birthday Bud :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1092 on: Jan 13, 2023, 10:46 AM »
My s-i-l set a camera up by her rabbit feeder the other day. Unfortunately 224 of the videos were 3-5 seconds long ???

Maybe next time it will work out better.....

WS

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1093 on: Jan 13, 2023, 10:57 AM »
Happy belated Birthday Bud :clap: :clap:

WS

X2 happy birthday…
Dom✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1094 on: Jan 13, 2023, 10:57 AM »
Cool video Marv..

Dom..✌️

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1095 on: Jan 13, 2023, 01:57 PM »
Send all the video's you like but PLEASE keep the snow...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1096 on: Jan 13, 2023, 07:06 PM »
Good evening some rain over night into early this morning . It felt like early fall or spring here today with a high in the middle fifties. I see Lisa Marie Presley died on thursday shortly after being taken to a hospital. emergency services were summoned to her California home to help a person in cardiac arrest miss Presley still had a pulse so was rushed to a hospital and died some time after arriving there on Thursday. Lisa Marie was 54.
Ice Wanderer i can only speculate that as the supply of egg laying chickens dwindles and demand for eggs stays the same price goes up hopefully the Avian flu out break can be brought under control.
IFF belated birthday wishes sent your way. may your daughter find a place to start up her cafe and it be a successful venture for her. Learned something from your post had no idea that certain new model chainsaws had on-board computers.
Eddie may Finleigh be more inter active with you during this weekend's visit.
Hunts2long good to hear Luis made it safely to CA. after a long day of travel. Nice that modern technology allows your wife to have virtual visits with her NYC doctors and save some trips for the two of you. may the now floating and broken free docks be collected before they become a problem on the lake.
Whopper Stopper please give my thanks to your SIL for the bunny feeder video footage. How did today's snowshoeing go do you need to do any preventive maintenance on the shoes before making the trip to Shack.
Icefisher-45 may you be resting comfortably after today's procedure and it help you to pass any remaining kidney stones. Good that you wife was able to get the day off to be able to assist you. All the best wished for both of you.
Wallyworld if you are at the night game may things be going better for your grandson and his team. Enjoy however many games they have left to play in the tournament.
Raquettedacker my all be good with you and the family. thank you for bringing back memories from my childhood with your post in the Off-Topic thread the past few days.

may everyone have a good night and Sunday. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1097 on: Jan 13, 2023, 07:39 PM »
Well made it home problem free last night just late by the time I visited with the wife and fell asleep. Woke this morning with a headache and went back to sleep and then finally drug myself yonworkmaround 830 this morning. Really did not need to go in but figured I would get my time card and all filled out, then found some work that needed to be done. Then left and got the tires on the pickup amd just got done with buttermilk biscuits and gravy for dinner. Made it for the family and it disappeared quick maybe a little left for breakfast. Heading out to see if I can get auger working and RO unit installed in the house now. Have a good one everyone. Hopefully icefishing pictures tomorrow with some fish.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1098 on: Jan 13, 2023, 07:44 PM »

Happy Birthday Bud 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1099 on: Jan 14, 2023, 06:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Breezy with some flurries falling, 22*, high of 30 today.

H2…glad you could avoid the ride down to the City for the new meds, hope they work well for your wife!  Enjoy the fundraiser today with your old buddy.. :clap:  Imagine what ice is holding on the reservoir is pretty unstable with the rising water..hopefully those docks floating around don’t become a hazard. 
  Bud…Happy be-lated Birthday to you!   :bow:  Thanks for the info on the new saw…computers in chainsaws sounds like a recipe for disaster to me considering the weather they’re commonly used in, but I’m just a dumb old retired bricklayer.  ;D
  OG.. thanks for the fishing update, hope to see some footage of the sewer trip!   :thumbsup:  Watch out for those Brown Trout, understand they can make a mess of things this time of year!   ;D
  Marv…thanks for sharing the video, looks like the new feeder is getting a good workout!  :clap:  Hope the snowshoeing went well, certainly no shortage of snow there…wow!  :thumbsup:  The Dr. needed another reminder yesterday..at least he’s consistent??  ;D
  I-45…hope your procedure went well yesterday, best wishes with the stent helping those stones pass!  thumbsup: 
  Wally…sorry to read about the opening game loss, hope last nights game went into the win column! Best of luck with today’s matches and moving forward in the tournament!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…very sad news on Lisa Marie, so young…may she RIP now.
  FH4…glad you had a good return trip home! Good luck with the family fishing today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…what’s on the planner today? Good luck if you’re heading back out on the ice!   :tipup:

Yesterday’s appointment went pretty well, forgot it was Friday the 13th…Doh!  All things considered, no mishaps other than the Dr.’s lack of learning the first order of business with a handshake…we’ll work more on that.   ;D
  Not much on today’s planner yet…trip to the transfer station and maybe a ride to see how many brave souls are out on the local lakes…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1100 on: Jan 14, 2023, 06:16 AM »
25* and cloudy.

IFF, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Mr. C, doubt if any of the docks will be retrieved until Spring. I bet most belong to people who have camps or are new to the area. They just let the water go down in the Fall, leaves them on the beach and don't think the lake level MAY come back up before it freezes over, which it almost always does. It does give people down the lake some wood for the "ring of fire" on Labor Day weekend.

Eddie, the ice on this end, what little there is, looks pretty bad. Only about a month to go until the big contest.

Between the wife and I we had ONE number on 4 tickets and I thought for sure we would win on Friday the 13th. It was also my brother's birthday, if we had won I was going to give him a couple "bucks". I am sure he has never bought a Lotto ticket.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1101 on: Jan 14, 2023, 06:39 AM »

Good morning  Mason,H2L  I didn't get out yesterday was scrambling to rig up a couple more rods for some deeper water. Seems like finding the right line took 4 hrs.  Eddie I'll send you the brown trout. Hope to get out today to experiment with beam bender and Micro camera.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1102 on: Jan 14, 2023, 06:43 AM »
Sadly last night’s game ended in the loss column also. Maybe today’s games will end better.
I had zero numbers on the mega million tickets.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1103 on: Jan 14, 2023, 10:29 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

15 degrees heading to 32 by mid afternoon. I  can't wait for some of the ice on my slab to melt or at least loosen up some so I can get the scraper into action. Right now it is beyond wicked walking on it without ice creepers on.

Eddie...Keep after the Dr. sooner or later  he will get it Lol  Maybe a quick Thank You note mentioning how nice it is that he always has such a warm greeting and bedside manner ;D  The snowshoeing went fine. Don't tell WW but it sure was easier years ago putting on a couple miles through the snow. Today I have the washrag feeling going in my legs.

Talking about Chainsaws, the computer controlled saws that I have used were awesome. No more having to adjust the High/Low to compensate for changing temps. However......Taking it to the next level, my parting gift from my old boss was a Stihl MS 500i with a 35" bar. It was/is the first chainsaw on the worldwide market with electronically controlled fuel injection. 1 pull starting coupled with a skip tooth chain, about the most fun you can have while wearing clothes :roflmao:

Bud...You bought a smaller saw to go with the 460? you starting a collection, this can become a disease Lol

WW...Best wishes for some WINS!!! :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

h2l...We had the #14 on our 1 ticket. A lot harder to draw than people think :roflmao:

Well I got elected for operation fetch a bunny bale this morning :cookoo: The s-i-l decided she wanted a bale of alfalfa for her rabbit farming venture. She found a guy about 10 miles away that had alfalfa bales for sale for $6. She made arrangements to pick up 1 bale this morning at 7am ;D  I think the guy was a little skeptical about the one bale sale but helped throw it in her vehicle. We brought it back to her house and will see if the rabbits take to eating it.

Hope you all have a good Saturday no matter what's on your agenda. Best of luck if on some ice :icefish:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1104 on: Jan 14, 2023, 10:47 AM »
WS….hope the legs feel better ps Eddie didn’t snitch on you :roflmao:

Game 1 today, another loss but at least they managed to score a couple times so maybe tonight will be the winner!!

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1105 on: Jan 14, 2023, 11:17 AM »
Marv this will be the next saw you will have to buy..😎

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1106 on: Jan 14, 2023, 01:15 PM »
Marv this will be the next saw you will have to buy..😎

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1107 on: Jan 14, 2023, 08:20 PM »
Well missed several flags but had this happen while we were sitting next to the jaw jacker after we had just reset it.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1108 on: Jan 14, 2023, 09:20 PM »
We’ll that’s a wrap 0-4 on games, no playoffs for them tomorrow. My son and grandson are going to the Bills Dolphins game, both are huge Dolphins fans !!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1109 on: Jan 14, 2023, 09:33 PM »
 Good evening felt more like Winter today with a high in the low thirties. Some snow flurries early in the day . Tomorrow's forecast similar temperature wise the warm up with highs in the forties and lows in upper twenties. So the make some ice at niht(hopefully) then it melts during daylight hours. I see one lucky person from Maine is the Mega-Millions winner. Sadly another celebrity death Robbie Bachman (drummer) of Bachman Turner Overdrive has passed at the age of 69 no details released yet as to cause of death.
Locally across the Hudson river in Dutchess county village of Wappingers falls there has been a string of vehicle break-ins always something.
eddie good to read the Dr. apt went well keep up on training the doctor in patient relationships.
Hunts2long please pass belated birthday wishes onto your brother. Thank you for the information on loose docks at GSL I figured they may be floating or stuck/destroyed by ice and recovered in the Spring.
Old Goat may the new rod set-up work well  when you use those rods
Wallyworld hope this evening game was a victory for your grandson's team and they are still alive in the tournament. Maybee you should have baked more cookies to help fuel your grandson and his teammates.
Whopper stopper may you get enough ice melted to scrape your slab. may the bunnies like the Alfalfa bale your SIl is a good person looking after them may they respect her garden this Summer. Thank you for your opinion and educating us on chainsaws small engine technology has advanced greatly over the years. Very nice parting gift from your former boss.
Raquettedacker thank you for the humorous photo.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations to you or your wife on catching the rainbow.  :clap: glad you could get out and relax after work trip to Tulsa,
Wallyworld see you posted while i was typing sorry to hear your grandson's team is out of the tournament. I'm sure the Bills -Dolphins game will have him in a good mood especially if the dolphins win.

May everyone have a good Sunday. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.