Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219212 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #870 on: Dec 25, 2022, 01:18 AM »

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #871 on: Dec 25, 2022, 04:00 AM »

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #872 on: Dec 25, 2022, 05:04 AM »
Merry Christmas Everyone from Our Family to Yours!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #873 on: Dec 25, 2022, 05:08 AM »
Merry Christmas all

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #874 on: Dec 25, 2022, 05:20 AM »
Merry Christmas all

Love the hat.  :thumbsup:
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #875 on: Dec 25, 2022, 06:11 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone…
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #876 on: Dec 25, 2022, 06:15 AM »
 Merry Christmas everyone may you all have nice celebrations with family and friends.

A chilly 11 degrees this morning here in Northern NJ.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #877 on: Dec 25, 2022, 06:35 AM »
 A MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours, from me and mine!!! :clap: :flex: ;)2 :thumbsup: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #878 on: Dec 25, 2022, 06:41 AM »
Merry Christmas to Everyone
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #879 on: Dec 25, 2022, 06:47 AM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS, have a great day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #880 on: Dec 25, 2022, 11:24 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone, we'll they said it was 8 above at 8 this morning and saying up on the hill it was 26 degrees, not that here at the house not exactly known what the temp is but way warmer than the last several days. Tried plowing yesterday and had back pressure issues in the mule, might have to see if I can get the plow on the new machine for a bit, just won't be able to use the screw down pressure but the winch should work to get the plow up and down. Maybe I should have bought the 500 dollar plow to go with this machine. Well better get back to avoiding all the cars and toys on the floor. See what needs to be done for dinner so we can eat in a few hours. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #881 on: Dec 25, 2022, 04:39 PM »
arrived back at the mini farm, rather chilly ride, stiff cross winds out of the west nearly all the way. So far my best guess the water is frozen at the shallow service valve. The pit has ice from standing water that is frozen over top of the valve.  That location for it is only about 14 inches below ground level.  Current.Outside temp stands at 29. The snow albeit not that deep maybe 2” hasn’t melted off yet. Think the  cure.will be A dip stick heater to melt the ice.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #882 on: Dec 26, 2022, 04:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 14* and mostly clear. ::)
                            I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. :clap:
                            Bud........I hope you can get the valve thawed out so you can get the water running. :unsure:
                            We had a good day, we went to #2 son's house for a prime rib dinner. :thumbsup:
                            I have a dishwasher issue, it won't run through the cycle, th code that is displayed say it might be a dirty vent valve. So #2 son is coming
                  up to help me pull the washer out and check it.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #883 on: Dec 26, 2022, 05:13 AM »
Morning all,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas 🎄 Got to watch the grandson’s hockey team win their Christmas Eve game 2-1 !! Yesterday was a nice relaxed day opening gifts, playing games and just being together.
Heading back home later this morning.
Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #884 on: Dec 26, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 14*, windy but making ice, high of 24 forecasted.

Wally…Congratulations to your grandson and the team scoring the Christmas Eve win!!  Glad you had a wonderful Christmas together!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  Safe travels home, roads should be in much better condition today!!
  Bud…glad you arrived safely back down in Tennessee! Good luck thawing out the frozen pipe’s…maybe a small shelter built around that valve area to contain the heat from your salamander heater could do the trick?  :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope you were able to get the plow hooked up and working well enough to finish up….glad you’re seeing some relief with those frigid temperatures again!  :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day, safe travels to all those on the roads today who may be homeward bound.  :thumbsup:
  We had an enjoyable day with the family.  Santa was very good with the presents and brought a lot of happiness to the house…especially to the youngest members!!  ;D.   
  A couple new guests joined us this year which was nice. At one point the question was asked why the same movie continued to play over and over again?  That brought some laughter as it was explained that “A Christmas Story” has been a family tradition here for many many years…and if you’ve never seen Ralphie shoot his eye out before, you’re in for a real treat today…all day, with family members joining in repeating lines when they get the urge!  :roflmao:
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting and on the roads!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #885 on: Dec 26, 2022, 06:42 AM »
13* clear and a little breeze.

We had a nice Christmas, we had prime rib also. Amber and Luis had to work at DD until 3pm so we had dinner when they got home and then opened presents. Rocky spent the night again and Lindsay is coming to get him later this morning.

The wife was able to be "off" O2 for most of the day and only on 1 liter at night while she is sleeping.

Not much planned for today, do have to pick-up the living room, you know, ribbons and bows.

Have a good day and be well....h2l

Yesterday monring I saw a guy going out onto the lake pulling a jet-sled. NUTS!!
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #886 on: Dec 26, 2022, 07:58 AM »
Well did not get the plow moved over, worked on the pickup some putting new battery cables in and they fell apart so going to have to take them back in and see why, taking the starter in to get tested and the batteries, just weird as it acts like dead batteries when trying to start the truck up. So another thing to deal with. But Christmas was good and got a few things and the kids had an enjoyable time. Now to get things picked up still and eat some pie for breakfast. Have a great day everyone safe travels home and hope the thawing out goes well. Stay safe in the weather everyone.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #887 on: Dec 26, 2022, 10:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 18* and sunny. We had a Good Christmas. We had ham for dinner.

Fish, I hope you get your truck fixed today.

Hunts2long, Thats great news that your wife came off the oxygen yesterday. Keeping her in our prayers.

MasonEddie, Christmas isn’t Christmas without you’ll shoot your eye out kid. Great movie. We watched that and Christmas Vacation. My wife won’t watch Die Hard. Doesn’t feel it’s a Christmas movie.

WallyWorld, Congratulations to your sons Hockey team. Safe travels home.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck with the dishwasher. Hopefully it’s an easy fix.

IFF, Hopefully it’s an easy fix getting the valve unfrozen.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #888 on: Dec 26, 2022, 10:10 AM »
Talked myself out of doing much outside one being making an entry through the trailer skirting or constructing a gazebo cover for the grill and smoker. Temp at 25 And if guesser is correct more 30% snow for the rest of today beginning at 1:00.

Got a nice fire going in the fireplace , Linda opted to spend night at her sisters. So just me,Jake, and kitty holding down the fort.  Not so funny not being able to turn on water when you want some, and you’re “oh yeah” no water moment.

Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #889 on: Dec 26, 2022, 05:11 PM »
And it runs, got the truck fixed. Batteries tested out at needs replaced and they have warranty but need the receipt for Walmart to honor the warranty. It like cannot tell that I bought them and need them replaced, but they did not have any in stock anyways, so went down to my dad's and stole his batteries out of his desiel pickup that is parked and won't run until we replace the motor in it again. Got the cable fixed at the shop as well as tested the starter and all that looks good. Put it all back together and seen if the batteries out of my dad's truck had a charge, I had one on the battery charger as I worked and the other showed it down a bit but tried it and fired up. So that is a relief. Now to just get the new side by side figured out why it is not starting and all. All the bad luck.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #890 on: Dec 27, 2022, 04:29 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 21* and the guessers says we might have a snow shower. ::)
                          Eddie.........It was nice to read that your Christmas was a good ol'e family gathering, with family traditions. :clap:
                          Wally.........I.m lad that you had a good time at your family's home in Mass. and the hockey game was a win. :thumbsup:
                          Bud...........I hope you can get that water running. :unsure: Jake sure has grown. :flex:
                          H2l............I'm glad you all had a nice Christmas. :thumbsup: I'm sure your wife likes not having the oxygen on all the time. :flex:
                 I want to go fishing too, but I know that the ice can't be that good over there yet. :cookoo: But I did get an invite to go north to Blue Mt. Lake
                 on Friday. I heard that they have about 4" of good ice. :clap:
                          Fish .........I'm glad that you got some good batteries from your dad's truck, they would go bad just sitting there all winter. :thumbsup:
                          I-45..........Everywhere I looked for the reason of the failure was the ventilation subunit, I had it out before my son arrived and it looked
                 OK. But my son saw on a YouTube video that even though it looks clean, clean it anyway. So my son cleaned it while I took the water screens out
                 and soaked them in Vinegar. We got it all back together and put the washer on a Quick wash and it worked just fine. It save a ton of money. :clap: :flex:
                         Marv..........I hope you are surviving the cold weather and any snow you might be getting.
                         Not much going on today, maybe some puttering in the basement.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #891 on: Dec 27, 2022, 04:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and 20* this am, high of 28. Thoughts and prayers going out to all those in the Buffalo NY area dealing with that devastating storm.

Jeff…glad you all had a nice Christmas together, prime rib…YUM!  :clap:  Excellent news the dishwasher repair went well and is back on line, glad your son was lending a helping hand!  :thumbsup:   :bow:
  FH4…good news on the plow truck up and running again!  :clap:  Man that sucks about that new S x S, might be to your best interest to run it back to the dealership and let them do the troubleshooting? Best wishes.. :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope to read some better news on your water problem being resolved today!  :thumbsup:
  I-45…glad you had a nice Christmas, hope Mr.Dickens found a little something in his stocking from Santa!  ;D :thumbsup:
  H2…very good news on your wife, glad you were all able to enjoy a nice Christmas together!  :bow: :clap:  Heard there were some guys out on a local lake here yesterday…might have to do some recon today.
  Steve…hope you enjoyed your Christmas with the family and had safe travels back home.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…keeping the fingers crossed the weather cooperates and Shamu finds a resting spot soon for you!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…did your area get whacked with that lake effect storm?  :woot:  Hope you had safe travels home and the snow stayed on the light side!   :thumbsup:

Sounds like vehicle problems are popular here, had mine happen yesterday. Warmed up my truck for a bit before heading out for a few errands and found my drivers wouldn’t open back up. Thought maybe some of the moisture froze or something, warmed it for a couple hours and still nothing. Going to see if my local mechanic can get me in for a look today… :cookoo:
  Ready for this year to come to a close and keeping fingers crossed that 2023 brings us all some better times…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #892 on: Dec 27, 2022, 05:00 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+5 degrees as we begin a slow warm up over the next few days, we may top out today knocking on a warm 30 There is still a pesky breeze but nothing like we have been having.

Bud...Best of luck getting the water going :thumbsup: Sorry to read your north country visit had to be cut short :%$#!:

h2l...Glad to read your wife could get a break from the oxygen :thumbsup:

IW...Glad you are feeling better :thumbsup: Good luck if you decide to head north to do some fishing :thumbsup:

Eddie...Sounds like your family had an excellent Christmas :clap: :clap: I will second your wish for a better 2023 :thumbsup: With the shape our lakes are in, I've decided Shamu will be spending the winter at home.

WW...Hope your return trip was uneventful. Glad you had an excellent Christmas and even got to see a win at the hockey game :thumbsup:

Not sure what is going on today. My wife has the rest of the week off so I am sure there will have a few things recommended.

I have some snow to blow and have to get the driveway and paths cleaned up now that the weather has settled down. I also will be getting on the roof today or tomorrow to lessen the snow load before another dumping comes along.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy. Best of luck if finding some ice :icefish:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #893 on: Dec 27, 2022, 06:36 AM »
17* and cloudy.

Wife isn't up yet but I didn't hear her cough much during the night.

Lindsay came and picked up Rocky last evening. She had gone to her friend's Aunt's for their 7 Fish annual Christmas Dinner. She said it was very good. NOT for me...lol.

Not much planned for today, maybe a trip to the landfill. Also working on getting the ice off the driveway, warm-up on the way so that should help.

WW, hope you had a good trip home and didn't find too much snow.

Eddie, saw some guys out from the campsite yesterday, may take a ride down their today. Also a couple guys out from Sport Island.

WS, why no Shamu, too much snow for good ice making?

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #894 on: Dec 27, 2022, 10:07 AM »
Good morning, 30 outside heading to a high of 33 today. warm up tomorrow with forecasted high in the low forties. Good to read everyone had a nice Christmas with their families. I arrived at my sister and BIl's just in time for dinner on Christmas Eve nice meal with steak as main dish. ten degrees when i arrived at their home and windy . Around 9:30 eastern time called one relative in Wyoming to exchange Christmas greetings . It was not planed but turned out to be  food themed presents this year betweenour different gifts i had purchased some dark chocolate items for my sister from a local sweet shop. i received various snack items and a few new kitchen towels. (last time I brought my laundry she noticed some of my towels needed replacing.) There house is two stories with finished attice given the colder temperatures and the house having been built in the 1920's and drafty in spots  i slept in what once was my nephew's bedroom on second floor. i had a warmer night's sleep partly due to the feather bed they had purchased used it like a blanket kept me warm they also set the programable thermosat to keep house at 67 usually drop down to 63 at night. we also had a good face Time visit with my nephew and his fiance in San diego. I cam home on Moday morning.
IFF glad you made it safely home to TN. may you get the water running and have no damage to pipes from freezing.
Ice wanderer good to read you and son#2 were able to fix your dishwasher and save money. best to you on Friday if you make the trip to blue Mtn. Lake .Eddie I hope the mechanic can open the door on your truck and fix the problem.
Whopper Stopper good to hear a warm up is coming for your area .Be careful on the roof look into a roof rake so you can hopefully stay on the ground in future.
Hunts2long happy to hear your wife can be off of the oxygen for periods of time may she get off of it entirely by weeks end. I with you on the 7 fish dinner like to catch fish more then eat them . May no one venture out to far from shore on GSL do not want to read about any ice rescues or deaths.
Wallyworld nice you got to see your grandson's hockey team play and that they won the game.  may the trip home have been problem free.
Icefisher-45 good to read you had a nice Christmas i hope your wife and Mr. Dickens were happy with your presents.
Fish/hunt4ever ditto Eddie's comment on the new SXS do not want to violate any warranty on the vehicle by trying to fix problem yourself. glad you were able to get the mule running and plow the snow.
Zcm-82 I see you were able to do some ice fishing after the cold weather in your area. enjoy the ice while it lasts and have fun.

Ditto Eddie's comment on the Buffalo,NY. Area and other parts of the country that were effect by this past storm . have a good Tuesday. Be cautious if headed out ice fishing since the ice has just formed in many areas.
   Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #895 on: Dec 27, 2022, 10:27 AM »
Morning all,

IW....good work on the dishwasher  :thumbsup:

WS.....that's a shame Shamu is grounded for the season, but no fish is worth the battle against Mother Nature who is VERY cranky this year  ::)

Eddie....all 4 doors on my car were frozen shut after the rainy drive Friday  :pinch:  hope your truck door is an easy fix  ;)

H2L.....glad to hear Mrs H2 is doing so much better  :clap: :thumbsup:

IFF.....fingers crossed you can get your water issue fixed sooner rather than later, it's one of many things we all take for granted until it doesn't work   :whistle:

MrC.....glad you had a nice warm holiday with your sister  :clap:

TT/OS/OS.....hope you gentlemen had a good Christmas  ;)

FH4.....sorry to hear of the problems with the new sxs  >:(

The drive home wasn't too bad, some heavy traffic on the MA pike which is typical  :wacko:  at least the roads and sky were clear  @)

Home bed sure felt good last night  ;D

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #896 on: Dec 27, 2022, 01:56 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 32* here and sunny. Had an early appointment with the headache Dr who is going to try me on a new med. this one I have to watch because it tends to drop blood pressure’s. While out stopped at Cabellas to renew my fishing license and look at ice fishing equipment. Boy things have gotten expensive. Didn’t get anything. Mr Dickens got lots of patting from kids in the store. He was in the shopping cart. Wife is now looking for gift bags.

WallyWorld, Glad you got home safe and sound.

Mr Clean, I’m glad you had a good time at your sisters.

Hunts2long, 7 fish dinner isn’t for me either. That’s good news that your wife didn’t cough much last night. I’m sure Rocky had a great time.

Hunts2long, Be careful on the roof. You should get a roof rake.

MasonEddie, Mr Dickens did get something in his stocking. Did the mechanic fix your door on your truck?

Ice Wanderer, Thats good news you were able to fix the problem with the dishwasher.

IFF, Did you get the valve unfrozen?

I hope everyone has a great and safe rest of the day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #897 on: Dec 27, 2022, 03:34 PM »
Fish-45 Not exactly, by-passed it with hose from underground spicket, to house faucet. Another below freezing tonight so will drain that hose. At least able to flush toilets  ;D. Today is first day in last 5 that furnace has shut off. It’s den running non stop.

Safe travels if anyone is out traveling
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #898 on: Dec 27, 2022, 05:47 PM »
Well made thread dash 120 mile trip to take the sxs back to the dealership and fouled plugs are the reason it would not start but had a couple other things fixed and got the front doors, now tonsee when the release of the back doors are going to be, now they said end of March. Pulling back into the house was interesting the full trailer and snow made for some interesting maneuvers here and there and hit the main pole for the electric box with the tires of the trailer, but at least we are not having the wind like casper 30 to 40 sustained with 60+ gusts was a slow drive home but made it with seeing one enclosed trailer tipped over right outside casper.  Now one more day at home then the fishing begins hopefully, might be chained up to get the camper out so we can use it.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #899 on: Dec 27, 2022, 11:07 PM »
Eddie
There are a couple open but more will open in the next few weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.