Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219184 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #390 on: Nov 15, 2022, 06:24 AM »
Good morning h2l! Good morning everyone :bow:

29 degrees with another dusting of snow on the way. Yesterday there was 566 crashes around the state from 6am to 9pm with just a couple inches of snow :cookoo: Looks like a long winter ahead

First off, Thanks for all the responses to my winning the prize package, I appreciate it. Now I get to see what I can catch on them :thumbsup:

Well, I have been going back and forth on heading to the shack for a few days, staying through the rifle opener on Saturday. But...We are in for a cold snap which has single digit lows and are back to winds gusting to 25+mph making for some ugly wind chills while trying to sit in my ladder stand. As much as I was wanting to I just decided it isn't worth the effort so will be staying home. Kind of a disappointing end to a very disappointing season.

h2l...Best of luck to you today :thumbsup:

Time to start getting ready to take my wife to her eye appointment. She has been having problems after her cataract surgery with low light conditions. I guess it's fairly normal and the Dr. says they can fix it.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #391 on: Nov 15, 2022, 07:02 AM »
Marv I have had bad years before but found that you have to get back in the saddle like nothing ever happened….
  Dom ✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #392 on: Nov 15, 2022, 07:20 AM »
Marv I have had bad years before but found that you have to get back in the saddle like nothing ever happened….
  Dom ✌️

+1 on that. Most of my years are bad years. Some years I never even see a single deer, but it still beats sitting at home  ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #393 on: Nov 15, 2022, 09:25 AM »
Just had a visitor on my back deck… ;D

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #394 on: Nov 15, 2022, 09:30 AM »
Just in time for Thanksgiving  ;)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #395 on: Nov 15, 2022, 09:33 AM »
My tortious was checking him out.. ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #397 on: Nov 15, 2022, 05:21 PM »
Well another long day and still not were we needed to be but getting closer, oh and only 3 more days and another week of vacation just in time for some relaxing and hopefully fishing and hunting. Oh and I guess eat lots of food for Thanksgiving and spend time around the family.

Got the other box of minnows in and all are looking good, now just for ice to form and people out fishing and needing bait. Tomorrow starts are downward trend of Temps and better ice making weather, the pond by work has capped so not to much longer for the lakes I would think

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #398 on: Nov 16, 2022, 04:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  It may not be politically correct, but everything is white again outside this am…looks like about 2”or so on the ground. Freezing rain falling and 31*, high of 41 here forecasted.

FH4…better luck today at the plant achieving the passable numbers! Glad your bait arrived safely and on time, best of luck with the sales and hunting/fishing soon to come.  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave…thanks for the ice update, won’t be long now until the cabin reports begin…looking forward to that!   :clap:  Saw first ice forming on a very small pond here yesterday, lol, gonna be awhile yet.
  Dom…awesome pictures!!  :clap:  Might have to look into getting a guard tortoise!! My granddaughter will be full of smiles seeing that this morning, thanks for sharing!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  Marv…CONGRATULATIONS on the win, hope the lucky streak stick’s around for awhile!  :bow:  Hope your wife’s appointment went well yesterday and you had safe travels to and from.  :thumbsup:  Can’t blame you on your decision to pass on the hunting this weekend with those conditions, maybe you’ll still get a shot at it before the season closes?
  H2…will be looking forward to your report this am, best of luck today if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…wondering if you got snow or rain down your way? Imagine the store will be crazy busy for the next week…found a sale on turkeys yesterday, $0.47/lb for Shadybrook Farms…grabbed 2.  :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope the snow stayed on the lighter side out your way! Should make for some better conditions for Mr.WW, best of luck continued for him at deer camp!   :thumbsup:
  Z…my truck looks like your car did the other day this morning!   ;D

Didn’t get everything accomplished I had planned yesterday before the snow came, but got most of it done. Had the snowblower ready and fired up with fresh gas but won’t need that today with just this nuisance snow.
  One of my sons was bow hunting yesterday afternoon but I didn’t receive a follow up message, assuming that didn’t pan out. Waiting for the sunrise to see how fresh the landscape looks again….Cawfee’s on gang!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #399 on: Nov 16, 2022, 05:42 AM »
31* and rain/snow mix right now. Looks like about 3 inches of the white stuff.

It was 14* when I left the Jeep yesterday morning. Sat for about 3 hours, nothing, no birds, squirrels, nothing. Went back out about 1:30 and sat until dark, the same. Thought sure they would me moving before the front came in. It got up to 30* yesterday.

My brother reports that the guys in CO. have gotten 3 Mule deer and 1 elk. They are seeing a lot of elk and a ton of muley's.

Think I will go out and hit the driveway before it freezes.

I have an eye exam today, so I can get some reading glasses.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #400 on: Nov 16, 2022, 05:47 AM »
My tortious was checking him out.. ;D

Maybe it wanted a turkey dinner  ;)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #401 on: Nov 16, 2022, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......I found turkeys for the same price at Hannaford, grabbed 2 myself  :thumbsup:

H2L.....sorry to hear nothing was moving in the woods yesterday  :(

WS.....hope MrsWS is seeing a little clearer today  ;)

Looks like about 1" of snow, a few flakes still falling along with freezing drizzle  ::)  a lot of schools are delayed for a couple hours

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #402 on: Nov 16, 2022, 06:35 AM »
Well seen a few snow flakes falling when I came to work this morning as it is just starting around here. Yesterday a little north of us got 2 inches of snow and the town 20 minutes east, by the big lake, got about an inch and we did not see anything. Will see how the day goes but fingers crossed my preliminary checks are showing good things for me today. Have a great hump day everyone will check back in later.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #403 on: Nov 16, 2022, 08:38 AM »

Good Morning ER's hope all are well. I picked up a clam Jr. tarp and found some interesting things; the smallest jr's are different heights. So for the heck of it I draped it over the Kabbinette shelter it's big enough to work on that. I may try to make another flipover with the canvas if I can find a scout sled. Today I'll look at a 6x4 Jr. and try to make a decision on what to do with that one, All 3 jr.s are different.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #404 on: Nov 16, 2022, 11:12 AM »
Have to start over :( :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: my phone dumped a lengthy post

Good morning OG and other 9:45ers.

Had a medical “house call” yesterday afternoon, one of the Medicare insurance perks, complete one and they send out a $50 Visa card. Only findings of the nurse practitioner, was everything normal, with the exception of not being tall enough for my weight. Seems I went from being 5’10.5” to as she declared 5’5”. Which I disagree with, more like 5’6”. 😉 

Really ???  Some areas northern 3’ of snow possible with latest weather pattern ???

Got some China unpacked, now to figure out what all to use.  Still a bunch to go through yet (boxes in background) of one picture.

So with Ice on things fast approaching, no falling allowed

Sigh.   Think it’s going to be a long 2 years on news cycles.

Stay safe and healthy all

Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #405 on: Nov 16, 2022, 08:18 PM »
Well the plant issues continue so we will see what tomorrow brings. Plus we had the technician out for our water unit and we have a leak that could not be fixed but got it slowed down enough to use hopefully. Minnows are looking good and just was looking at scheels magazine and seen the clam Kenai pro is on sale for 299.99 down from 469.99 if anyone is looking for a one man flip. I believe that is what this one is. Well off to bed here in a bit for another early morning.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #406 on: Nov 16, 2022, 09:16 PM »
Good evening, after reaching a high near fifty today now in the middle thirties outside. Period of snow Tuesday evening left vehicles, lawns and roof tops with a white coatings this morning overnight low was nearing freezing so eventually the snow turned into rain. By late morning most of the snow had melted or been washed away by rain. I did get my snow shovel and brush for SUV out of storage.
Eddie I need to check my employer's price per pound on frozen turkeys i know some chains are charging over two dollars per pound for fresh turkeys. Given my town's low elevation and South eastern NY. location many times storms start as snow and change over to rain or a Wintry mix depending on air temperature we receive a lot of the more moisture laden type of snow. So shoveling can be a pain. Drifter thank you for providing the cabin Radio link getting closer to having the ice roads open and you taking the ranger on it's first trip to the cabin.
Hunts2long may you have seen tracks or deer if you went out today. Sounds like your Nephew's group is in the correct area may the party members fill out their elk and mule deer tags.
Raquettedacker thank you for sharing photos of your back yard visitor.
Zcm-82 have you done any scouting to see if you will be ice fishing or sitting in the deer stand this weekend.
Wallyworld good to read you did not receive a large amount of snow from the storm. This time of year I always worrying about a storm kicking off the Lake Effect and you getting burried. Fish/hunt4ever soory to hear problems continue at the work place. best to you with the minnows and with next week's fishing or hunting.
Old Goat may you find a sled to pair with the clam tarps.
IFF looks like you will be busy oing through the boxes next couple of days. Glad your in good health.
Whopper Stopper may you wife's eye doctor appointment have gone well and her doctor be able to correct the post cataract surgery problem.

Keep safe,stay healthy. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #407 on: Nov 17, 2022, 05:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Very light snow falling, looks like beads of styrofoam, 33* with a high of 38 today.. most all of the snow we had yesterday was disappearing rapidly by late afternoon.

Steve…we had the same type of snow here yesterday, saturated and heavy, like walking through slush. I know my dogs didn’t like it one bit, packing up in their paws. I shoveled the stairs yesterday and let Mother Nature handle the rest.  :thumbsup:
  FH4..hopefully things come together today at the plant, it’s got to be frustrating trying to figure out the problems. Minnows are looking good!!  :thumbsup:
  Bud.. congrats on the good checkup!  :clap:  Believe Buffalo and Watertown here in NY are expected to get walloped with lake effect snows…claims of 2-6’ possible running across the air waves before all is said and done.   :woot:
  Wally…keeping the fingers crossed that lake effect storm stays North of your area, yikes! Any good news from Mr.WW at hunting camp?  :thumbsup:  I found those turkeys at Hannaford also…might grab another today for the freezer.
  OG.. good luck with the Jr.’s, strange they are all so different in size…hope everything comes together for ya!  :thumbsup:
  H2..congrats to hunters, hope they all tag out!  :clap:  Best of luck continued for you, hopefully today is the day!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…what’s on the planner today? Hope Jo’s appointment went well and she’s on the road to recovery.  :thumbsup:

Took a ride up H2’s way yesterday and got my sons and myself registered into  the Walleye Challenge tournament that will be held in February again. The woman who I spoke to said it was filling up quickly as expected, it sells out quickly. Something to look forward to over the next few months.  :icefish:
  Making a few batches of pepper jelly today..need to clear out room for another turkey or 2 while the price is right!
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #408 on: Nov 17, 2022, 06:41 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

24 degrees with light snow. We are at the high of the day with temps slowly dropping throughout the day.

Eddie...Good idea to snatch up a couple extra turkeys :thumbsup: Seems the prices here are all over the board from $1.10 a pound to $2.15. Tinkering in the garage for me today.

h2l...looking forward to your hunting report :thumbsup:

WW...Enjoy your day :thumbsup:

First off thanks for the good wishes and concerns for my wife with her eye surgery Tuesday. They told her it would be a few days before she can expect to get rid of the light splashes she has been dealing with since the cataract surgery. She also has the Iritis  problem in the same eye so now they have to watch her eye pressure which has been good for the last year or so thanks to the eye drops she uses 7x a day.

Today I need to get some ice fishing gear dug out. I also need to put chains on the 4 wheeler along with the auger holder. I never had the time to upgrade a couple things in the spear house so I will just use it as is. The spearing lake is at an all time low with its water level which means a lot more ice to cross to get into the depth I want. They claim next week will be a warm up so it will be awhile yet before Shamu sees any ice.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #409 on: Nov 17, 2022, 07:23 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......the china is beautiful, enjoy your Thanksgiving table  :thumbsup:

FH4.....hope today's a better day at work  :-\

Eddie.....keeping my fingers crossed those snow totals stay in the predicted areas  :pinch:  nothing yet at deer camp  :(

WS.....keeping MrsWS in my prayers, enjoy your tinker time  ;)

MrC.....it's always a tense time when lake effect snow is in the forecast, it can be so hit or miss  :unsure:

H2L.....maybe this incoming storm will get the deer on the move  ;)2

Heading north today to Lake Placid, grandson has a hockey tournament all weekend. This weather could have held off for a few more days  :whistle:  trying to time the drive based on the weather channel radar, looks like mid morning will be the departure time  :flex:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #410 on: Nov 17, 2022, 09:15 AM »
30* this morning and light snow, now up to 33*.

Sat for almost 3 hours, snow off and on. No deer, lots of squirrels.

Eddie, glad you got into the contest, they do go fast.

WW, looks like the deer are moving at night, lots of old tracks in the snow. Most between the Jeep and where I am sitting. Maybe I should set in the Jeep.

WS, you better get back into the hunt. I had my final eye exam yesterday. All is good, vision is 20 20, just have to pick up some reading glasses at the drug store. Best wishes to the wife.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #411 on: Nov 17, 2022, 06:08 PM »
Evening all, 32° and snowing here.

Deer opener tomorrow morning here, this will be our first opener with snow on the ground in several years. This snow and cold the last couple days has them moving, so fingers are crossed. I saw a handful out and about on my way home from work, so they're still moving today.

mr.clean - the deer are moving. The ponds aren't skinned solid yet, so it's looking doubtful on the ice fishing this month. They're going to lock up over the weekend, but it's supposed to turn warm Monday afternoon, so I don't think they'll have enough time to get thick enough to walk before they melt off again. It's supposed to be down to about 10° Saturday and Sunday, but back into the 50s by Tuesday afternoon.  :-\

WS - I just got all the ice gear out a couple hours ago, and bought a new set of winter boots a couple days ago. I'm ready, now the weather just needs to turn  ;D

IFF - get yourself some platform boots before you go back next time  :roflmao: I actually had a pair of 4" platforms back in my youthful days... fun, but kind of clunky to walk around in. I'm sort of not short to begin with, so they also made for a serious head bonking hazard... hanging lamps and ceiling fans beware!  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #412 on: Nov 17, 2022, 06:21 PM »
Evening all, 32° and snowing here.
Deer opener tomorrow morning here, this will be our first opener with snow on the ground in several years.

Best of luck Z. Hope you hammer a good one!

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #413 on: Nov 17, 2022, 06:41 PM »
WS - Thanks. Hoping I get a shot. If it doesn't have spots it gets blasted  :flex:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #414 on: Nov 17, 2022, 07:27 PM »
Sleep well

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #415 on: Nov 17, 2022, 09:35 PM »
Good evening, see I missed out on a give away contest held earlier this evening oh well I have plenty of lures already but fun to enter contest s. Expect a busy weekend at work my store chain has a program where if you use you shopper club card and spend $400.00 dollars you can get a free frozen turkey up to twenty pounds or ham and some other items. Price for a store brand frozen turkey otherwise is $1.89 per pound. The Hannaford special is the best price per pound I have seen  I'm sure their stores in my area will see brisk business this weekend also as folks prepare for their thanks giving meals.
Eddie good to read you and your sons are entered in the Walleye Challenge hopefully another personal best fish for one of you this year. besides the turkeys leave for for your deer. Best to you and your boys if heading out this weekend for the rifle season opener.
Whopper Stopper May your wife's eye problems correct themselves with time and her eye pressure continue to be controlled with the drops. Sounds like your ready for ice fishing and spearing now like majority of us need ice to form on lakes.
Wallyworld may you not get hit with the full force of any lake effect snow. safe travel to lake Placid ,best your grandson and his teammates. If time permits tour the Olympic museum in same area as ice rink/rinks . that is if it has not been moved since my vistit I the fall of 2004.
Hunts2long if you went out today hope some deer passed close to your stand. Very good news on your eyes. :clap:
Zcm-82 maybe next year you will be able to ice fish in November. best to you this weekend with the deer hunting.

Everyone have a good Friday. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #416 on: Nov 18, 2022, 04:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  30* with some snow showers expected again this morning, high of 37. Sending best wishes, thoughts and prayers to all those in the path of this crippling snow storm.

Steve…thank you, unfortunately, I’m going to have to take a pass on this season’s deer hunting but will pass the good luck wishes on to my sons!  :thumbsup:  Cash register’s will be getting a good workout out the stores this weekend for sure!
  Z…BEST OF LUCK TODAY with the opener!!   :thumbsup:  :clap:
  H2…my son has had lots of deer movement on his cameras, majority of it lately seems to be at night and wee hours of the morning like you mentioned. Hopefully that changes, like by this morning for you…best of luck today!   ;D :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you had safe travels to Lake Placid, best of luck to your grandson and the team with the tournament… :thumbsup:   “ USA, USA, USA!!! “
  Marv…very good news on Jo, hope she starting to feel some of that relief today, best wishes continued for her!  :clap:
Hope you got most of the prep work done on your ice gear and the 4X4, will be looking forward to the Shamu adventures here again soon!!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Held off on the jelly making yesterday, needed some more supplies which I had forgotten about…rings and lids for the jars. Found them in stock at my first stop surprisingly, ready to go this morning.
  Tomorrow is the deer opener here in the Southern zone of NY, best of luck wishes to all those heading out!  :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #417 on: Nov 18, 2022, 04:37 AM »
Morning all,

Well I failed in my attempt to get to Lake Placid yesterday  :(  Drove from sunny skies here at home straight into the lake effect event  :o  decided to not try to continue north and headed back home  :-\  missed the opening ceremonies but games don't start until today so will be heading north again in a few, radar is looking MUCH better than yesterday  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #418 on: Nov 18, 2022, 05:53 AM »
22* and cloudy.

WW, hope today's drive goes better than yesterdays. We had light snow most of Thursday. Good Luck to the Grandson and his team.

ZCM, good luck this hunting season.

Eddie, based on the shooting I am NOT hearing, I don't think many deer have been taken in the area.

The light snow we got yesterday is still in the trees this morning. Would like to see the wind come up for awhile. Didn't get much sleep last night, the wife isn't feeling so hot and was up and down a lot. She is having some tea right now. I know Amber has had a cold the past few days, we will see.

Have a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #419 on: Nov 18, 2022, 07:27 AM »

Good morning ER's 23* here and freezing around the clock now for these 3 days but looks like a stick in the eye. Warmer weather after that. Good Luck to those hunting. NY according to our weather report will have 2 smaller areas that measure snowfallls in feet maybe as much as 4 ft. I hope all IS members can skirt the nasty areas. Stay safe and enjoy the weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.