Author Topic: Lowrance® Elite-3x Portable Sonar vs humminbird ice 35  (Read 780 times)

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
I have never used any type of depth finder other than a fishing buddyII for ice fishing . I don't have the fishing buddy any more ( sad story ) . I mainly fish shallow water under 10 ft and looking for something that will show my jig and fish that come in. With this said which one in your opinion will fit what I need .

Thanks
 Bob

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Lowrance® Elite-3x Portable Sonar vs humminbird ice 35
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2015, 06:40 PM »
I have a lowrance elite 3x on my boat but I haven't brought it out on the ice.i have vexilars for icefishing.but I would pick the bird 35.the elite 3x is small and nothing special finder.the hummingbird 35 is a easy to read flasher that shows you what going on in real time and easy to read screen without screwing around with different menus,better interference rejection and better trandsducer.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lowrance® Elite-3x Portable Sonar vs humminbird ice 35
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2015, 06:59 PM »
I have used a ice 35 for 5 seasons and have had no issues at all.  For the price its a great unit.  It is easy to use, and the zoom feature can be nice at times.  With that being said,  I just purchased a ice-conversion kit for my Lowrance elite-5 so that I can use it this season.  A lot of the guys I fish with have all gone to lowrance and are not looking back. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.