Author Topic: looking for a rod / reel  (Read 468 times)

Offline abbatoys

• IceShanty Rookie
looking for a rod / reel
« on: Jan 18, 2015, 11:51 AM »
I certainly don't need another rod and reel, but I am looking at the newer style inline reel combos( I think that is what they are called). Years ago I had a small fly reel on a ice pole and loved the set up for gills. Let a buddy borrow it and it is long gone now. I saw a couple guys yesterday using them and they seemed to work nice. Wondering how you guys that use them like them and if you prefer a particular model.. Thanks, Scott

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: looking for a rod / reel
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2015, 12:33 PM »
I just tried the new Clam Elite Spooler combo this year. So far I am impressed with them. I like the fact that it is a 2.3 to 1 instead of a 1 to 1 like a fly reel . these are what I will be switching to over spinning reels. hope to be using only in lines only next season.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline abbatoys

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2015, 12:49 PM »
I certainly like the spinning reels over and old schooly, but I think I would like these much better than a spinning reel.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:20 PM »
sorry you lost a buddy like that.
i didn't care for the eagle claw in-lines and sold them right away. used them on my favorite rods and kept those.
to much trouble getting line out and too slow doing that. the drags are a real drag. there are super off balance as well.

more chatter about them here
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=305734.0

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.