Author Topic: low diy trip  (Read 934 times)

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
low diy trip
« on: Mar 14, 2013, 10:43 PM »
It is not really ohio realated but i just got back from three days of fishing on lake of the woods. We had a great trip caught over 100 fish between 2 of us in three days. The trip was a real eye opener driving out 17.5 miles out on the ice road in the truck droping the sleds and going 4 more miles to our spot was awsome. The ice was 35in. the first day we had a guide Jean paul (aka lake of the woods outdoorsmen utube) he did a great job putting us on fish we probly caught 40 the first day between 10a and 6p with our 8 walleye and the rest sauger. The second day we went out ourself to the same spot had another great day. We caught our limit with 7 walleye and the rest sauger.My buddy caught the biggest walleye i have personally ever seen it was 32in 13lbs(weighted at log cabin bait shop).When the fish finally got to the ice its body was in the middle of the hole. i had to take the back pole of my clam to poke the tail and turn the head to come up the hole. when it finally started to come up i got so excited i droped the pole down the hole to grab the fish with 2 hands on acident. The third day was a little slow only ended up with 10 in the bucket but did catch a pound and a half 14in perch that looked like it ate a tennis ball. IT was a great trip if i get to go again i would recomend our guide worked hard and fun to fish with. Will post pics in the next day or two.       P.s. did also catch 8 tullibee which we were told are good for the smoker and 1 25in 5lbs eel pout which was probly the best fight of the trip he ran some serious drag out.

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: low diy trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Wow, that sounds like an awesome trip! I'd love to get up there...did you drive up, if so how long of a trip? Can't wait to see the pics

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2013, 01:33 PM »
Yes we did drive it was 17 hours. 1040 Miles from my front door in Grafton.

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2013, 05:01 PM »
sounds like a blast!!
next season I'm doing a road trip/icefishing adventure.planned on one this year but factors beyond my control prevented it from happening.(poor early ice and the cash spent on my GF's 50th party)
LOTW or winnipeg would be awesome.can't wait to see your pics!!

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2013, 07:12 PM »

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2013, 04:09 PM »
 :thumbsup:
WTG!!   looks like a fun(and busy)trip!!

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2013, 01:34 PM »
Great report and thanks for posting...looks like a great trip. That big pig walleye would have been worth it all by herself!! Glad you went with JP...I plan to fish with him in some capacity my next trip there. I love his youtube videos. A DIY trip would be cool and a good way to save some cash it was definitely smart by going with the guide the first day!

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.