Author Topic: how to find flathorn lake  (Read 2607 times)

Offline summitx

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
how to find flathorn lake
« on: Dec 16, 2004, 01:18 PM »
was wondering if somebody could post directions on how to get out to the flathorn lake also how to find figure 8 lake, most of the time I head up to amber lake but it is kinda of a long drive, its by trapper creek. Won't be able to head out until about 3 weeks if somebody wants to hook up for a trip out that way. Thanks Steve

Offline Corey16

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: how to find flathorn lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2004, 07:46 PM »
Gas Line Trail

If you know where the Little Sue public Use Facility boat launch it's relatively easy to find Flathorn lake.  The Little Sue boat launch is down Kinik Goose bay Road,(once there use follow the signs).  Aways back there you'll see a gas plant thing near a long wooden fence.  You'll see a large parking lot next on the right.  From here you either need a sled or 4-wheeler.  Continue up the road, stay left.  About 7-8 miles later you'll see a trail cut to the right.  It will go straight to flathorn.  A few miles more on the main trail there will be a well marked trail going to your left,(after a lake) that will go to Figure 8.   

These directions are off the top of my head and "ball bark" estimates.  Plus I've only gone to Figure 8 once.

Hey how well do you do on Amber Lake?

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2004, 12:02 AM »
Also, if you are looking for Figure 8, look for a bunch of Walmart bags and junk hanging in the small spruces on the left of the trail.  That's where you make the turn South to Figure 8.  If you hit the Big Su, turn around.  Also, I would suggest going after daylight on your first trip because the landmarks can be tough to spot. 

Offline summitx

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2004, 10:22 AM »
common man thanks for the directions, sent you a email of the northerns from Amber lake  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.