Author Topic: Any One know how to Tie An Englsih Knot?  (Read 1304 times)

North2AlaskaAlley

Any One know how to Tie An Englsih Knot?
« on: Dec 16, 2004, 10:27 AM »
Hi guys, I was fishing one time with these people, and one of them was this Big Ole Neanderthal head havin, Big Ole catchin all the fish on the boat bein, Big Ole Carhart wearin German or Swede from Wisconsin...And he has this big bucket mouth on the line that he has hauled up out of the depths like 3 times.  Anyway, somebody finally gets a harpoon in the fish, and the knot slips and he had to haul him out of the depths AGAIN!! (honestly it was his own fault for trying to be all special and using light tackle, but who am I to judge???)  I was thinking it would have been better to tie an English Knot in the line.  Oh yeah!  And if anybody ever gets a hooked Halibut stuck to their leg RUB ITS BELLY!!!!!! ;D

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
Re: Any One know how to Tie An Englsih Knot?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2004, 02:58 PM »
N2AAlley:

your only jealous because you weren't catching fish like the rest of us :o.

It's good to here from you Doug.  Glad to see you joined the site.  For everyone else reading this string.  The fish he is referring to was a 125lb. Halibut caught on 50lb test from about 175 FOW.

Icy Mike

North2AlaskaAlley

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2004, 06:02 PM »
125?  WOW!  Halibut keep growing after you catch em?  Silly me, I thought it was a 60-70lb on 30lb test!

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2004, 09:56 PM »
No if it was only 70 pounds you would not have been able to lift it  :-*.  Now you did catch the bigger of the two octupi.  We should have kept the thing out of spite of that skipper that didn't know his $%$#^ from his %*&#&%.

North2AlaskaAlley

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2004, 10:00 PM »
Yeah, that octapus weighed about 300Lbs, and he was in 300 ft of water....OK...MAYBE 10 Lbs, but he was holding 3 16 oz weights, and it really was 300ft of water...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.