Author Topic: Otter Vortex Lodge hub Camping  (Read 1066 times)

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Otter Vortex Lodge hub Camping
« on: Nov 30, 2021, 09:54 PM »
Anyone ever camp in one of these? I did a test run with my Eskimo 6120i tonight. Just as I suspected, still don’t like this shack. In the three years I’ve owned it I’ve only used it twice. The doors are too small and the bag is an absolute nightmare. Thinking of going with the vortex lodge. About the only thing I might use it for would be camping on the ice and if the dimensions are accurate it might just work. Anyone else camp in one. I have a slumberjack adult cot.  It’s 32”x82” it should fit but figured I would check here for first hand experience.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Otter Vortex Lodge hub Camping
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2021, 10:44 PM »
I didn't care for camping in my 6120i either. Cots were too long to fit along a single wall, so they end up spanning two walls diagonally and you lose a lot of space. A 4 sided hub would be better in that sense. Don't own the Otter so I can't really help you there. Looking for a 9416i myself after selling my 6120i.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10:43 AM »
I have the Otter Lodge.  I've camped in it many times.  Doors are fine, although if you want big doors you should go with the otter vortex lodge pro, that has doors like the eskimo outbreaks.  Ive fit two cots and a 90lb dog fine inside the lodge for nights of camping. 

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10:35 PM »
I was able to go measure one in person today. My cot will fit perfect in it. With room to spare. Might even have more room than my Eskimo. Now I actually have to go. I tried it once but it ended in disaster. My cot was way too big!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.