Author Topic: burbot fishing  (Read 1031 times)

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it swims ive caught it
burbot fishing
« on: Dec 09, 2015, 08:22 PM »
how do you utah guys set up for burbot pictures appreciated
if it bites I chase it

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: burbot fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2015, 10:09 PM »
glow glow glow  jigs buckshots and chub meat and beer and then more beer and just find rocky areas and cliffs  ;D ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2015, 10:48 PM »
X2 on that  :thumbsup: but really glow jigs/spoons work best for us. We like to use as fresh as possible cut bait, be it sucker, chub or carp. For us the rocky areas that hold crayfish seem to be where we end up as that's where the burbs are feeding. They are not always actively feeding but moving a bit to find some feeding does the trick. I've watched some people move all night not spending more than 30 mins in an area and sometimes they do real well. Just isn't our style. We have caught them during the day but mainly stick to the night fishing. We can use 6 rods where we fish them and will set up at different depths until we can figure out a pattern and if we dont we just drill the hell out of the ice and spread the rods out all over. Makes for an interesting mine field of rods when you get 10-15 guys all setup in an area. Hope this helps. Do you guys target them in much in montana trout hunter? If so what works for you guys?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it swims ive caught it
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2015, 07:06 PM »
X2 on that  :thumbsup: but really glow jigs/spoons work best for us. We like to use as fresh as possible cut bait, be it sucker, chub or carp. For us the rocky areas that hold crayfish seem to be where we end up as that's where the burbs are feeding. They are not always actively feeding but moving a bit to find some feeding does the trick. I've watched some people move all night not spending more than 30 mins in an area and sometimes they do real well. Just isn't our style. We have caught them during the day but mainly stick to the night fishing. We can use 6 rods where we fish them and will set up at different depths until we can figure out a pattern and if we dont we just drill the hell out of the ice and spread the rods out all over. Makes for an interesting mine field of rods when you get 10-15 guys all setup in an area. Hope this helps. Do you guys target them in much in montana trout hunter? If so what works for you guys?
we do but we dont have many lakes with them and if you know where they are we use glow jigs and half smelt but we do alot of river fishing for them use a circle hook smelt and a couple split shot and a big bonfire
if it bites I chase it

Offline meathead_MV

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2015, 01:23 PM »
Just a little more to add.  I use natural glow tube jigs with crawfish smelly jelly re-glow them every 5 to 10 minutes.  Rocky places seem to work the best.  I set the tube jig about 6 to 10 inches off the bottom anywhere from 6 to 30 feet have had the best luck. Have caught them in 50 plus feet as well.  At night till about 1 am and from about 4 to 6 am have had most bites. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.