Author Topic: trying to decide on what sled  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
trying to decide on what sled
« on: Nov 07, 2012, 12:38 AM »
I've been looking around for a new sled to pull behind my Polaris RMK 700 that'll carry a larger load. I'm leaning toward a Koender, either the trapper sled with the mush bar or the 8 ft hunter sled. Anybody have either of these sleds and how do you like them? The main reason I'm looking for a bigger narrow sled is I'm planning a couple trips this winter where its a 6hr ride into where we set camp. Will be hauling an outfitters tent, propane heater, 2-4 20lb propane tanks, cots, ect. Fishing gear will be towed either behind the larger sled or my girlfriend will pull it with the Polaris XLT I got her in the Frabil Trekker shuttle (I love this sled!) So this sled will be mainly for multiple day excursions into the northern sask forest and during hunting season at our camp.
http://www.koendersmfg.com/sled.html

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: trying to decide on what sled
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2012, 06:42 AM »
I'd say go with the "Hunter" model, having the open top will let you pile more gear in it, and you can always cover it with a tarp before you tie it down to keep the snow off. I've never used the Koenders sleds, but I've got a similar style Equinox boggan and love it.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2012, 05:26 PM »
I'd say go with the "Hunter" model, having the open top will let you pile more gear in it, and you can always cover it with a tarp before you tie it down to keep the snow off. I've never used the Koenders sleds, but I've got a similar style Equinox boggan and love it.
That's what I was thinking but the trapper model's lid is also another sled. The mush bar is another plus for the trapper

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2012, 07:31 PM »
Nice looking sight. Do you happen to know what the prices are? I've never seen these sleds but have an older "snow tote" that I've used for years. I use it most during hunting season for dragging stuff out with an atv. I looks a lot like the hunter sled. I've drug moose, elk, deer and antelope and lots of them. The trapper sled looks like it would be great for fishing with the lid.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2012, 11:13 PM »
Lots of the Equinox boggans in use up here.   :)

http://www.eqnx.biz/boggans/boggans.html

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2012, 12:12 AM »
those are nice as well. thanks for the sight info!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.