Author Topic: Anyone been out  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Sorny

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone been out
« on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Anyone been out lately?  I need to get out sometime later this week and this weekend.  I am looking to catch some panfish.  Thanks for the help.
Sorny

Offline ihscoutfan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone been out
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:28 PM »
Dont know where your located but lakes around Fremont, NE and most of Northeast Nebraska have had decent ice for 3 weeks.  I have been out 4 times.  Best luck so far for panfish was a small "semi-public" dam south of Wisner.  Cought a ton of 9" blue gills. 

I also went too Summit Lake near Tekamah on Saturday and was catching nice 9" bluegills in 25 ft water.  Had too go due to unexpected Kidney Stone!  But was an aggressive bite although only saw two others out - cold! 
I plan to go back this weekend for some nice gills, bass, and walleye.  Will be fishing around the 'corner' bluff off the NW side of the dam.  Has been good spot to me past two years! 

Offline blaster22077

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:31 PM »
I WAS OUT FOR A LITTLE WHILE TODAY BUT I DIDN'T GET ANYTHING IT STARTED TO SNOW SO I WENT HOME.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2007, 07:22 AM »
Best luck so far for panfish was a small "semi-public" dam south of Wisner.  Cought a ton of 9" blue gills. 

Really?  I'm curious...is this a private lake that kind of opens the gates so to speak, or are you saying that there are a lot of people who are granted the privlege??  Let me know...that is a driveable area and although I can find gill around my hometown (Wayne) they are usually on the small side.   Any info you could (would be willing to) provide would be interesting. 

Cooooold weekend coming up!  Not sure I'm going to brave it.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Fished that private lake south of Valentine ive been so excited about. Not so excited any more.  walkd one mile length of the lake drilling every 50 yards or so and only found one spot 3 fow,  rest was around two fow.  Set out some traps but no bites.  Going to concentrate on our honey holes just across state line in SD.  Caught a bunch of gills last tuesday.  ice is plenty thick around here.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline huntnfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:41 AM »
My brother and I fished Sunday morning, but came up with nothing.   I went out around GI again yesterday morning. Bite was hot, while it was snowing. Once the sun came out, they quit completely.  Caught a few gills, but had two large ones that I lost at the hole. >:(  At least I know there are some bigger ones there. 

yarndt52

« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:45 AM »
I was out last weekend it was pretty cold we caught 20 crappies but nothign even worth keeping there where all about 6-7" the bite here in minnesota has been pretty slow or at least where I have been fishing and the people I talk to say the same thing.. Best of luck!

Offline ihscoutfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Boijihawk - Im new to this and havent figured out how to send you a email.  My address is [email protected] .  Let me know how to contact you and Ill try and give you the directions from Wisner, Ne.  It is on walk-in crp acres so it is public with the road being the dam.  I will likely be there on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. 

Offline ihscoutfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:52 AM »

Really?  I'm curious...is this a private lake that kind of opens the gates so to speak, or are you saying that there are a lot of people who are granted the privlege??  Let me know...that is a driveable area and although I can find gill around my hometown (Wayne) they are usually on the small side.   Any info you could (would be willing to) provide would be interesting. 

Cooooold weekend coming up!  Not sure I'm going to brave it.

It is in walk in crp acres with the road forming the dam.  The sign says open to public as long as we keep it clean.  email me at [email protected] and ill try and contact you with directions.  It is generally about 3 south and 2-3 west of Wisner.  It is called leigh lake.  I can direct you turn by turn by landmarks! Ill probably be back out there on Saturday afternoon.  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.