Author Topic: Not many Nebraska members  (Read 3216 times)

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
Not many Nebraska members
« on: Jan 30, 2005, 04:05 PM »
There must not be many members from Ne on here.  If you look at the first page of the Nebraska list it goes back a full year.  If you look at Iowa by comparison the first page goes back two weeks.  We need to do some recruiting!

Offline R.J.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It must be that time again!
Re: Not many Nebraska members
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2005, 04:24 PM »
There must not be many members from Ne on here.  If you look at the first page of the Nebraska list it goes back a full year.  If you look at Iowa by comparison the first page goes back two weeks.  We need to do some recruiting!

JB--I have been pumping up ice men around Colorado's front range to take a trip to Neb, as I absolutely love fishing in your great state!  I tell them to get on your forum, so I guess that is recruiting.  Come on by Fishing the West forum, and tell everybody to come on up!

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:25 PM »
I'm here from Broken Bow, Nebraska
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:50 PM »
Welcome to the board hank. Are you still digging out of a snow bank? Was thru your area last week and it didn't look good but you should have ice.

What lakes do you ice fish? 

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Hey sandbilly, how was your trip to Minnesota? Nice job with the presentation for Genz. I read about it on Ice-Team. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Crappie Rob
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2005, 08:16 AM »
COLD!!!! High temp was 7 the entire time we were there but it was a good time. Next time we go it will be for fishing and not officiating though. Riding around on a quad in -15 checking buckets isn't all it's cracked up to be. I stay much warmer in a trap catching fish. I was fortunate enough to be watching as the first and seconed place teams hit the winning school of crappies. Watch the other site for a detailed account.

Dave was very emotional durring the ring presentation. With all hype and new faces the last few years, many don't understand the years and miles he has endured. Never met a person in his position that is more down to earth.

Have you been on the ice?   

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Sandbilly, when I first met Dave, he was building fishtraps in his garage!! He, and the sport have come a long way. He's the man. We now have a good 10" of ice in Northwest Indiana. In the last two weeks, there's only been a few days I haven't been on the ice!! Take care, Crappie Rob

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Any that I can, so I told where I was from how about you guys.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2005, 01:19 AM »
hankthecrank, I'm from Northwest Indiana. Town of Hobart. Just East of Gary. Fished the Valentine refuge from 1992-1999. Big "gills" in them hills!!! Crappie Rob.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2005, 08:47 AM »
I'm from Mullen.

Looks like we will have to head to your neck or the woods for ice hank. One week of 50+ temps and wind opened this area up in a hurry.

Spening New Years in Elyria, fishing sandhill lakes in Rock - Brown Co. or if the ice holds, fish crappies in Calamus or Davis Creek.

My ice reports in that area are from non-icefishermen. Would appreciate your input.

Thanx.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Sandbilly do you know a D.C. that posts alot on the G+P website he says he is from Mullen, was on the refuge yesterday 16 inches on Clear but getting bad fast.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2005, 02:31 PM »
dc & sandbilly= me. Just wasn't very original when I started posting on the g&p site.

10" of ice on clear and pelican with some open areas yesterday. It will be worse today.

Offline pepsiman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2006, 11:42 AM »
Just started using the site. Not much Nebraska info. I am from Norfolk area and like to fish northeast Ne and Eastern South Dakota.The ice is pretty much gone for now. I was by Skyview Lake in Norfolk yesterday and it is wide open. Will have to go to Nortern SD if I want to fish.
gettin the crapps

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2006, 04:58 PM »
This "winter" is really tickin me off,  I too am thinking of taking a little ice fishing trip somewhere in SD or MN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.