Author Topic: NEW Otter Team Wild one man question  (Read 966 times)

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
NEW Otter Team Wild one man question
« on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:58 AM »
i just got one yesturday and jsut have a couple of questions for the people who have or got the same shack. when you assembled the shack where some of you poles/frame twisted? and when it was completely assembled did the front pole that is suppose to rest on the floor lightly not even touch the floor, the bar on mine is like over an inch off the ground, other wise i am really happy with the shack. and i didnt put the bech seat in it to save the weight could that be the reason my front pole is not on the ground. thanks

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NEW Otter Team Wild one man question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:08 AM »
i just got one yesturday and jsut have a couple of questions for the people who have or got the same shack. when you assembled the shack where some of you poles/frame twisted? and when it was completely assembled did the front pole that is suppose to rest on the floor lightly not even touch the floor, the bar on mine is like over an inch off the ground, other wise i am really happy with the shack. and i didnt put the bech seat in it to save the weight could that be the reason my front pole is not on the ground. thanks
u may have the bars to tite and if there twisted u did something wrong they should be fine less they came bent or u don't have the sent breaks in the right spot just my .02
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Diabetik, my wild one man also is also like that but I don't have any bent rods. If your rods were bent I would contact otter outdoors and see what they would do for you. I had sent otter an email on why my rods are not touching the ground like you mentioned and I didnt get a response back and this was way before the lakes froze. If I was you I would return it and go with something else.

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:32 PM »
the rods arent bent to bad it was just noticable like before i set it up and i just put the pole together it was not laying flat on the ground and goonboy there is no way i set it up wrong i read and re read the instructions,  and then when it was set up with no canvas on the frame seemed cock eyed also sepecially the back pole the one that gets the support pole to the sled one side seemed higher then the other and i even measured it and it was the same i dont know?

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:52 PM »
I just went to the garage and set mine up. Mine sets almost tight to the floor( I can just slip a finger under it)..but, mine is broke in also. you should have an adjustable wind pole for the front that will probably help with that, plus the fact that you dont have the cover on yet may play a factor. Also, don't forget about the skirt that is at the bottm of the caver to help seal it up. Just an FYI Otter flip overs are awesome, but the customer service isn't. At least from my experience with them   >:(

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2012, 01:39 PM »
I wouldn't think they changed the design of them either, at least the frames.. I know they changed the cover design this year though. The bottom side rails sit at an angle and taper toward the floor, and are adjustable for length (2 holes) for adjustment. Mine will sit on the floor in either adjustment hole. I figured I'd set it up and take a few pics for you since I can't use it on the ice. Was nice to sit in it anyway..lol Hope this helps ya!

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:50 PM »
all right i think i figured out what my shacks problem was about its front pole not touching the ground. well i just assembelied it yesturday and used it for the first time also. when i got on the ice i set it up but only used the front and rear wind poles not the ones on the roof cause it wasn't windy and figured didnt need them which i didnt. but when i got home i set it up to air out and then i used all the wind poles and walla the front pole was touching the ground then...problem solved, i still am not real happy about some of the poles being twisted though. i think its a keeper anyways lol

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2012, 03:24 PM »
It will loosen up I didn't use the wind poles when I took the pics for you ..good deal!

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:54 PM »
my shack did loosen up i left the shack up for a full day with the wind poles installed and i took them off tnite and now the front pole is touching the ground

Offline TDibiasio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:10 AM »
I recently purchased a two man pro cabin and while assembling I noticed that the two of the frame bars did not lay flat when assembled.  Upon further investigation I determed that the "straight" bar that attaches the left and right elbows were not parrell.  The square ends were twisted out of alignment.  I thought this was strange and determined it was a mfg issue as not all of them were twisted only 2 out of the 4.  I waited until the folks at otter outdoors returned from the holiday vacation and gave them a call on Monday- after only a 30 second explaination of the problem the customer service rep was placing a replacement order for me to get new poles.  I have my fingers crossed that the replacements will not be twisted.  I can not have been any happier with the customer service that I received on this issue.

TomD

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:47 PM »
TDibiasio, i had the same issue but i didnt worry about it and left it i didnt want to wait foe parts cause i was going to use it that day o well, havent had a issue yet

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Hopefully you'll be taken care of TD.. and not go through a long wait time for parts

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.